Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by Akademik, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casshern

casshern Well-Known Member

Pan's labyrinth - 1/5 Horrible. Gory and not enough fantasy.
    The Departed - 4.5/5 Great story, better than the original. Would have gotten perfect score if not for the sad ending.
    Infernal Affairs - 3/5 Expected too much. Story didn't make sense like most Hong Kong movies. Wanted to see more Edison Chen. (no homo)

2. Ghost Rider!!! -shock was about to watch Norbit.. but sold out.. god damn.. so many pple at the theater today..

Ghost RIDE IT!!! -devil

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

norbit...cmon...the rider..must see in the coming days...

4. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

I watched Ghost Rider the day it came out. Its the shittiest movie marvel has made so far. Poor acting, weak special effects, corny dialouge etc. Its seems as if the rest of the audience enjoyed the movie with its corny one liners, but I was cringing and was ready to walk out of the theater while hoping the final battle would make up for the last hour of pure torture. It was like watching a Nascar/redneck horror show. If you thought Dare Devil and Electra were bad, just wait till you see this. Its actually from the same director/screen writer. What they could of done was find a no name actor who has the ability to play Johnny Blaze instead of wasting most of the budget on a high profile actor in Nic Cage. Then spend the rest of the money on good CG and a better director. SKip this one and wait for Spiderman 3

5. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Hannibal Rising
    Gaspard Ulliel is really disturbing, he got this really innocent face, so when he go about commiting cruel act, it's quite a rush/horror visually. The gore and blood was massive -- surprisingly NOT to my taste, which is strange, considering I am a great fan of those.
    But the film in general is not THAT great, except for, of course, Gong Li and Gaspard Ulliel :p I just like him from "A Very Long Engagement"

6. strawberri_angelbaby

strawberri_angelbaby Well-Known Member

step up. it's a really good movie if you like dance.

7. morning

morning Member

The Twins Effect 1 and 2, the first one is better :)

8. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

^wonder what gave that away jackie chans son maybe?

anyway i saw hot fuzz over the weekend the last half hour was insane

9. Knoctur_nal

the rider...fucking waste of time.

10. stargurl242

stargurl242 Well-Known Member

The last movie I saw was the Da Vinci Code lol I know it's old but I don't like going to movie theaters..........Wee hrs spent there o_O

11. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

i was so looking forward to ghost rider. watched it last night and never will again

12. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

aww really...why tdmt? was it that bad? i was gonna watch it this friday with my friends..=T

13. Knoctur_nal

next up...pans lab

14. jnetcube5

jnetcube5 Well-Known Member

the prestige

15. SunFire

SunFire Member

Blood diamond

16. hiake

OMG, seen it like 2 months+ back in a cinema -- hated it. I feel bad for Hugh Jackman, and frustrated that Christian Bale got away :( Probably coz I adore Jackman to begin with, I think he is very brave throughout the plot to confront Bale for the revenge of his wife -- Bale is just ruthless and malicious IMHO. The film isn't bad, just nasty in the lack of poetic justice -- it is in fact quite well made in terms of cinematography (the opening credit with the hats? classic) but the plot really put me off >.<

I like The Illusionist so much better... Edward Norton + Paul Giamatti + Jessica Biel were great~

17. shadow Thi3f

I dont think Bale's character tried to kill Jackman's wife intentionally. I believe it was just an accident. If my analysis was correct then Jackman's character was the one consumed by hate, jealousy and vengence, which led to his down fall. Bale might seem ruthless, but you have to understand that it was a competition to see who could out smart the other. I believe that there was justice in the movie. Bale lost his wife who committed suicide, while Jackman wanted vengence against a man who was wrongfully accused of murdering his wife. Jackman in the end was a killer because he murdered all of those clones of himself. Anyways, I also thought The Illusionist was the better movie.

18. hiake

SPOILER!!! (But who cares anyway) -- Go see the film, it's a nasty one but it's well made!

Probably I am biased towards Jackman to begin with -- the fact that Bale led a literally double life was somewhat revolting to me when he said "I live a complete life" -- that's totally bull, since if that is true his wife would not have died (because she unconsciously sensed that it's not the same person) and Johansson would not have left him (since she think the whole competition consumed both Jackman and Bale both -- to which resulted in neither having a full life) I think the whole not being honest and atone for his mistake was the worst possible sin for Bale -- I mean, I KNOW he's very inclined to keep the secret, but at least after such a horrid event, compare notes in case the police come and question -- you know, what if it's not Jackman but the police who is after him? Perhaps I am the type of up-tight person who does not do "surprises" -- I really don't appreciate Bale and Jackman's wife pulling that stunt in the first place. It's like a disaster waiting to happen.

I rather think that Jackman is very brave in the sense that he KNOWS each and every night he is going to his death -- my preception is that the it was the clone that survived, along with all the memories -- each night, the Jackman from the night before drowns to death. And in believing that Jackman knowingly goes to his death every single night, I think he was very brave in seeking vengeance for his wife.

I guess I like films in which I can identify with the protagonist better -- I don't identify with Bale AT ALL, thus the whole film falls apart in the "justice" sense. I think I grew VERY tired of Nolan's "dark" but no longer "smart" films -- Batman Begins was like, a disaster, despite the beautiful set and Oldman (and Murphy and Neeson and Caine). One Holmes totally put me off -- I was neutral to Bale back then :X

19. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

number 23 ....... carrey acting normal......and paranoid......
    decent but not what i was expecting

20. shadow Thi3f

Seriously, you didnt like Batman Begins just because it was dark?? Im not a huge fan of Holmes but overrall the movie was a perfect portrayal of Batman. Joel Schumacher's Batman films was a disaster because it was too damn colorful. Batman wouldnt be Batman if it wasnt Dark. Thats why they call him the Dark Knight. Pick up one of Batman's comics and you will understand. Batman Begins plays into the mental state of a man torn by vengence. A man who dresses up in a bat suit to fight crime is considered abnormal in our culture. You can sense the pain and darkness in him, which makes it a more effective film. I guess you are the type of person who enjoys happy endings. As for me, I identitfy more with the darker characters. There's a little of Patrick Bateman in me. If u didnt already know, Bateman is a character Bale played in the the movie American Psycho. It goes to show what type of person I am lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.