Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by Akademik, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Hmmmm, I guess it has something to do with different expectations -- I immensely enjoy films with a dark film, even by Nolan, considering Memento and The Following (GREAT FILM!) are on my all-time favourite list (in the contemporary category at least) -- but for Batman Begins, probably since I didn't read the comics, I was half expecting the film to be a conventional action film with a dark and moody set/backdrop. Guess that shattered my expectation :p But again, I liked Bale when he was in American Psycho and The Machinist -- it's just by chance that I didn't like Batman Begins and The Prestige one bit :(

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

its all about the batmobile sequence!

3. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

My last film was Epic Movie . . . .
    It was okay.

4. DuchSauce

DuchSauce Well-Known Member

Ghost Rider. It was lame, but Eva Mendez is nice to look at.

Next movie I'll see will be 300

5. ttl

ttl Well-Known Member

ghost rider, waste of time and $, they kill my comic character

6. dimsumvip

dimsumvip Member

i tried watching saw 3 but damnn its getting more bloody and im a chicken haahaa

7. tawthalin

tawthalin Member

300th..Fantastic.

8. hiake

Hm, I've seen quite a few this past weekend:

Number 23
    Jim Carrey is really good in it, but the story is somewhat on the filmsy and unwholesome end of the spectrum. Though the stylistic depiction of the novel was quite cool.

Pi
    Another obsession film, it's okay, not Darren Aronofsky's best work, totally pale in comparison to Requiem for a Dream (a perfect junkie film, really cool AND really miserably influencial). For a B&W film, I personally like Christopher Nolan's The Following better since it got a much more prominent storyline. The story of Pi is somewhat scattered, as with the mental state of the protagonist Max, but the cinematography and acting is impeccable.

Metropolis by Lang Fritz
    Ancient ancient film, it's one of those legendary films that nobody really had seen. It's B&W (circa 1927), the story is laced with Christian symbolism and the dystopian vision of the 21st century (which to a less dramatic sense, turns out to be prophentic). The story telling is... I am not sure, since many sequences of the film was beyond repair. Even though the story is predictable, it was a fest to see it for its cinematic value. Great acting (as with most silent films), mind-blowing orchestral accompaniment and amazing set design (circa 1927). Must see.

TransAmerica
    Last year's much talked-about film about an actress portraying a guy who is a transsexual. Felicity Hoffman is amazing in her transsexual role, the tension at times is unbearably strong and the story, with its lack of straight out resolution, is a very appropriate issue film. It's not a drama about an issue, it's a film about an issue, as Hoffman said in an interview.

9. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

Marie Antoinette. the costumes and scenery were absolutely beautiful, but the story was a bit vague and boring. the ending was utter crap... i was so disappointed! but itsall good because the beautiful colours totally made up for it. =P

10. yunski

yunski Well-Known Member

The last movie I saw was Mission Impossible 3 and it was a pretty good movie.

11. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Active Member

wonderful movie!

12. johnnyDANGerous

johnnyDANGerous Well-Known Member

Inner Senses. Good movie with great performances by the late Leslie Cheung and Karena Lam. So scary how the ending of the movie parallels his tragic death in 2003. -unsure

13. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

I just re-watched Pride and Prejudice starring Keira Knightly.. I saw it when it came out in the theaters but for some reason.. I love it so much more the 2nd time around! Keira was stunning in the role and I didn't mind the changes to the story as much..

I would def recommend it to fans of Jane Austen..

14. redial

redial Member

300! it's hell of a crazy movie

15. hiake

Saw Tsotsi just this weekend. The film, despite an Oscar nod (best foreign film, if memory serves), remain obscured from popularity.

It was a beautiful, somewhat predictable, film -- a street urchin found redemption in a child he accidentally "found". The acting was impeccable, and the ending? Just breaks my heart.

16. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

17. maidesu

maidesu Member

I just watched Groundhog Day....

18. I was watchin Employee of the Month las nite... it had some pretty funny parts... -lol

now I wanna get a job at Costco so I can build my own lounge!! hahha

19. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

i just watched V for Vendetta again... totally fell in love all over again. that was one kick ass movie.

20. orange123

orange123 Well-Known Member

superman, it bad..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.