Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by Akademik, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

haha..yes..it was too long for my liking...although i'm not really a fan of the movie either....

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ -shock you are like one of the few person I know who doesn't like the oh-so-great LotR... Which is your favourite epic film then?

3. Knoctur_nal

epic films...hell...i can't seem to recollect any...with me being on vacation and all..not into thinking hard..haha...how about u suggest a few...right on...

4. hiake

I guess Star Wars, Godfather, 7 Samurai, Braveheart, Schindler's List etc? Meh, me not an epic fan, too much grandeur for me to stomach along with those oh-so-noble intentions. More of the gut-flying zombie film type.

5. Knoctur_nal

well..i'm a fan of all those films....n i rmbr u mentioning ur a zombie fan...so let me guess...28 days later..dawn of the dead....night of the living dead...the original old skool zombie flicks...the man himself...George A. Romero

6. hiake

all of the above -^_^ 28 days later was good because Danny Boyle did more than making it a strictly zombie flick.

Also a fan of bad horror film too: saw EVERYTHING from Dark Castle Production, including House on Haunted Hill, Thir13en Ghosts (got to love the creepy set), Ghost Ship, Gothika, House of Wax and The Reaping.

Bad taste gore... but good :p

7. Knoctur_nal

never liked any of the horror flicks u just listed...i'm more a fan of the old skool 1980's horror flicks...poltergeist...exorcist...prince of darkness..nightmare on elm street...hell raiser..

8. hiake

Nightmare on Elm's Street was good until the point you over watch it... Blame the HK English channel for showing it every half year =_=b Exorcist is quite good even though some parts gets revolting (more than horrifying) like the needle part =_=b

How about Shining? The Omen? Rosemary's Baby?

9. Knoctur_nal

There ya go. Now ur naming some good horror flicks. i just find todays horror so called movies too fake with the graphics and all.

10. hiake

Well, I am all consuming when it comes to horror flick, plus the "pointing-out-where-that-frame-referenced" is a very entertaining game. Some of them are like a bad tribute to horror classics =_=b

With the newer ones, I think M Night Shyamalan did the suspense very well even though somehow I didn't like his style... which is weird. And of course, the Pang brothers got some really good Asian horror flicks too (for the current standard)

11. Knoctur_nal

right on...rare finding a fem that is into horror flicks...well..i dont know that many that is..

12. hiake

^ I have absolutely no idea where that stereotyping came from... many of my friends like horror (most of them NOT guys) while some get freaked out by both the films themselves and the fact that we like horror film SO MUCH (most of them NOT girls)

Weird, I guess birds of feather does flock together :p Then I am in the flock of horror flick chicks ;)

13. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ If you have read the book, ull like the movie. But then again, it depends on the person.

14. hiake

^ I've read the book =_=b but I was totally bored out of my wits by the supposedly beautiful poses of poems...

I guess it's just not my thing...

15. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

i am a female and i love horror movies too! Man i miss those 80s' horror flicks too.. I wish they would do something like that with new special effects. Nightmare on Elm Street series used to give me the creeps...
    Ju On The Grudge and The Ring when it first came out... (nowadays lots of ghosts are long-haired-covering-face creepy crawling things)
    Exorcist... Chucky... Evil Dead.. The Shining ... It starring ur friendly neighbourhood clown....yeah ... zombies.....
    I like Underworld 1 & 2 too, although i wouldn't consider them as really horror movies coz i wasn't scared, just interested in werewolves and vampires :)

Been watching lots of movies lately... and some recent feel-good movies that I have watched and i would recommend here are Little Miss Sunshine, Pursuit of Happyness, Gridiron Gang and The Holiday.
    It's hard to find a good horror movie these days let alone a great one.
    They are more into gory than chills and thrills these days. A recent good gory movie would be Saw III.
    One that i have just watched is this movie called See No Evil , which is partly produced by the WWE and starring Kane. It was average in my opinion.
    Hannibal Rising was a disappointment.
    For gory stuff, i am lookin forward to Hostel 2 this year :)

16. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Hey, talk about horror flicks without me?! -shock

Scariest I've seen was

- Child's Play ("Do you wanna plaaaaay?")

- Dolls (1987) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092906/

- The Doll Master (Korean)

- Cat's Eye (esp. Spielberg's segment, with the troll running around, scared the shit out of me when I was little)

Braindead is one of the funniest! -clapclap

And the usual other Western/Asian horror stuff like Saw, Saw 2, Hostel, Ringu, The Uninvited etc.

17. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Lol seems like u have a thing for dolls ;)

18. hiake

@Babyrain: OMG I totally love those films you mentioned. It was totally great until the last 10 minutes, that was like the lamest death for the film... Exorcist is good until everyone says it's SOOO good that I just have to be argumentative and stop liking it. Chucky is kind of creepy, but nothing more. I like Pet's Cemetry too... creepy beyond any belief. Shining is an absolute classic. Can't stop re-watching it :p

Underworld.. it's good for a feel good fantasy, but not too great in terms of horror (it's not a horror film anyways so). I didn't see Underworld Evolution just because I think the whole vampire in tight PVC is really rubbing off on me.

Didn't see Saw III, though the first one is promising, the second one fell into the disappointing sequel category too fast... Will see Saw III after exams though.

The Reaping totally sucked in its story telling, but some of the effects were kind of amazing that it may be worth it if you only pay around $5CDN to see it. The kid (Anna Sophie Robb) was amazing in the film while Hilary Swank is lacklustre at best... But I just can't miss a bad horror film produced by Dark Castle, I am THAT desperate.

Ring and Ju-on was not that bad when the crazy media horror stories were over, their respective US adaptation sucks on any measure...

Hannibal Rising IS a disappointment, wasn't it? But then I was there to see Gaspard Ulliel (he's so cute and creepy!)

I haven't seen hostel since quite a few friend has told me that it's not very meaningful in its gore fest @_@ I guess I have to catch up...

On a side note, a somewhat indie French horror, "Sheitan" starring Vincent Cassel was quite good in its suspenseful gore...

19. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Huhuhu yeah, I'm a bit scared of dolls! I used to have a real size one with blinking eyes and it keeps saying 'mama, mama'. I cursed that thing, molestated it, showed it every corner of the house and drowned it. I begged my parents to throw that thing out and after a while they gave up and trashed it much to my relief.

Same happened later on with the 2, 3 dolls relatives gave me as a present. One was a very popular doll in the 80's, erm Cauliflowerhead girl or so? Yuck.

Ontopic: Oh and I love the vampire movies, anything from the 30's to the trashy 70's and the cybervampires of today.

Vampire Hunter D! :D

20. hiake

I am not a doll person either... They look creepy IMO. Especially those whose eyes can shut and open depending on how your orient the head =_=b CREEEEPY.

I guess I am more of a Zombie fan than horror fan... Or that I just haven't re-watch many of the classics lately... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.