Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by Akademik, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Haven't seen Saw 3 either but I'm sure I'll love it as long they try to be creative; I don't care for the storyline. Same for Hannibal Risin; haven't seen it yet but Ulliel looks yummie for a psycho.

Hostel: Absolutely shit story with very stereotypical American boys and Europeans. Lots of factual and continuing errors.

The start of the film was in "Amsterdam" but it was shot in Czechia or so and the represented street was very large without cars (small streets and parking problems) and they even got the streetname wrong; there's no "Koningsgracht".

We have a Koningsplein, Herengracht, Keizersgracht etc. And the represented Dutch spoke German...

BUT, if it comes to the idea of the horror the victims have to undergo, I think it was pretty nice. :D

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

LOL, oh yeah the Shining that i liked was the tele-movie... here's a reference i could find..
    http://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=3007
    That kid is just awesome! I watched a few mins of the movie by Jack Nicholson and decided i did not like the kid so much. Besides the director mentioned that the kid had no idea he was filming a horror movie. Lol.
    You should really watch Saw III.. I find it much better than Saw II n it had a pretty conclusive ending to it. The storyline was kinda better too.
    I haven't watched the Reaping but IMDB rated it a 5.3 out of 10, so i was kinda reluctant...
    Hostel is really good for a gory movie. If u like gory, u shd not miss it :) n after that u can tell me how u feel when that Asian gal ....... hehehe shall not spoil it for u.

Oh and i have started a thread on horror movies.. Pls do go there and list ur fav. horror movies :)
    http://www.dramasian.com/showthread.php?t=14469

3. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

the last one i saw was 300, jz the body of the men are HOT!haha, i guess its a moive made for women infact! LOL

4. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

@Taxloss: If you think Ulliel is hot, he's creepily hot in Hannibal Rising. Very sleek and smooth and whole-heartedly merciless, that's him. But what a treat to see him~ *heart*

@babyrain: The Reaping would have been better if it didn't try to have a "meaningful" storyline. The preaching a huge minus to me, but it's just me @_@b

@both Taxloss & babyrain: If you liked Hostel, perhaps you should see Turismo, I've heard good things about it as a tourist-slasher flick a la Hostel style... Though I haven't seen it myself...

5. twelvedeck

twelvedeck Member

i saw: shooter,borat,smokin aces yesterday

6. ksc4life

ksc4life Well-Known Member

Borat!!! but it's not a good movie

7. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

Recently been watching those sports inspiration films (invincible, we are marshall and gridiron gang), something about these types of formulaic films. It does help that I have zero interest in the sport it covers.

8. hiake

^ I avoid those film like a plague... because quite a number of them are about American football, which I don't care for AT ALL.

And the new Friday Night Lights series? It's like an insider joke among my friends...

9. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Hiake: I read the review abt Turismo... it was compared to Hostel and the reviewer thought that hostel was much better... lol. Anyway i'll check it out :)
    Gridiron gang wasn't only about football though, u get kind of a heartwarming feeling after. Plus, I like TheRock :p

10. hiake

^ I am a gloomy person who doesn't like the heart-warming type stuff =_=b serious. I have difficulty recalling the last drama I've seen which was not depressing...

11. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hmph..lets see here....dark city..

12. hiake

^ OMG, Knoc seen that film too?? But it isn't a horror strictly speaking... It was totally underrated, those "strangers" are creepy!!

13. Knoctur_nal

i didnt see it as a horror..but it is def under rated..i mean..if u get into a discussion about that flick.its gota alota interesting things to it..for me that is...

14. hiake

I loved the drawing that crazy old man did on his locked up room's wall. And "Shell Beach"? It was a brilliant concept that didn't get the recognition it deserves.

15. Knoctur_nal

hell...that damn movie had so much symbolism...i mean the whole concept of the move was damn good..

16. hiake

^ It was extra great because not many know about it... ^^b

17. bobmaster

bobmaster New Member

blade of glory!! best movie i saw so far this year... gonna go watch hot fuzz tmr =)

18. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle ! :D

19. samurai

samurai Member

Aqua teens hunger force... IMO what a waste of time lol! very pointless movie.. had to run out in the mid of it lol! sneaked into another movie haha!

20. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

shooter..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.