Let's share some recipies

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ^ agreed. its actually pho banG lol

it is good.. ate there all the time lol

my aunt works in the building beside the timmies thats close to there haha

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

telll dan to cook pho for u lol

3. tell your mom to cook me some of them chinese marinated lobsters... im in the mood for that..

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

go cock ur own foood dan hahahaahhaah

5. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Damn kdot, u nasty b*stard. The girl will prob never come back on the forum.

6. why do people typo the word cook into cock?

7. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

maybe they dont know how to spell? :D

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Or they have the reading condition??? I've heard of the condition (no clue what the name is) where the person will have difficulties recognizing the words (as in associating the combinations of letters with its meaning and sound)

But yeah, stupid kdotc just flamed a perfectly normal non-spamming noob away.. :(

9. ^ who?

10. hiake

^ Never mind... =_=b

11. bravo_284

bravo_284 Member

Am I missing the point of this thread!?...Was it a spelling mistake or I heard someone mentioned about "cock"!?..Well, I'm not fond of "cocks" ( as male Chickens in English) b'cos they're too proud to be a "cock" and annoying me with their "cuk ku" now and then to let others know of their presence. But for a cook, customers are always rite..If someone asks for a "cock"..then my choppin' board is always at ready to serve..ASAP!...Cu-ra-heee!

Have A Nice Day All!

12. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ You ok?

13. LOLLLL what was that -lol

but he is right in the sense that a cock = rooster... i think...

but this has nothing to do with food lol

PHO TAI

5½ hours

Change to: servings US Metric
    3 lbs oxtails
    2 lbs beef eye round
    2 (16 ounce) packages rice noodles (medium banh pho)
    1 white onion
    6 green onions
    8 shallots
    2 (3 inch) gingerroot
    1/2 cup Thai basil
    1 cup cilantro leaves
    1 lime
    2 serrano peppers
    1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
    8 star anise pods
    12 cloves
    2 bay leaves
    1 cinnamon stick
    5 chicken bouillon cubes
    1 tablespoon sugar
    2 tablespoons sea salt
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon fish sauce
    hoisin sauce (prefer Lee Kum Kee brand)
    chili sauce (sriacha)

* For Large Groups Clear Soups
    * Vietnamese Clear Soups
    * Beef Roast Clear Soups
    * Spicy Clear Soups

1. Bring 4.5 gallons water to a boil.
    2. Trim top off shallots, leaving skins and bottoms intact. Rinse and leave skin on ginger. On high heat, dry-fry shallots and ginger until shallots are slightly charred and ginger is soft on edges, turning regularly for about 15 minutes.
    3. Pound ginger until it cracks slightly, and add ginger and charred shallots to boiling water.
    4. In a medium tea ball strainer, combine fennel, bay leaves, cinnamon, anise, and cloves; add tea ball with spices to boiling water. Add oxtail to water, and return to boil.
    5. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, maintaining a slight boil. Skim fat periodically (2x / hr) and cook for 4 hours.
    6. Add chicken bouillon, sugar, 2 tbsp sea salt and fish sauce, cook for 1 more hour, then strain all solids from broth.
    7. 20 mins before broth finishes, begin soaking rice noodles in cold water for 20 mins, and place eye round steak in freezer to ease slicing.
    8. Arrange lime wedges, cilantro stalks, thai basil stalks, sliced serrano peppers, diced green sections of green onions, hoisin, and sriacha on serving plate for personal addition to the individual soup bowls.
    9. Fill small saucepan with water and 1/2 tsp salt; bring to a boil. Place strainer inside saucepan and cook rice noodles in 3oz increments in water nest for 90 seconds each before transferring to individual bowls.
    10. In each bowl, place 3oz cooked noodles, 1 oz thinly sliced white onion, 2oz thinly sliced raw eye round steak, 12oz broth. Hot broth, when spooned into the bowl, will cook the raw eye round slices.
    11. **Note: if scaling down on numbers of servings, cooking time should remain the same. Also, bean sprouts traditionally are added to the garnish plate; I personally don't care for them so I have left them out of the recipe and photos in this case.

14. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Dann, when u come up to mtl, u gotta cook for me. -clapclap

15. ^ only if you wanna get poisoned -lol

youre better off still going to pho bang hahahaha

16. hiake

Where's the photo???

I may try making that... Though I definitely will have trouble slicing the beef in super thin slices... can I use those hot pot ones instead :p

@Wind & dann: Which is the best pho place in MTL??? Name a few so that I get to try next time I'm in M-town :p

17. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

On St-Laurent in Chinatown, Pho BanG.

There's one also called Pho Bang on Cote Des Neiges, close to Mcdo.

If you know St-Laurent (the city), there's one called Paris Pho, good food and good chat.

@ Dann, if i can eat the "pan dong" in HK, doubt you can poison me. haha

18. hiake

I think I've been to Pho BanG (it's the one with the Chinese Character for North right?)

Never been to the one on Cote-des-neiges, all I can remember from that area was the AMAZING croissant place (forgot name) and okay thai place and super authetic Beijing place :9 YUM

And I think I have to skip Paris Pho since I'll be missing out on the good chats :p

19. i think the pho bang i went to was the cotes des neiges one... the one close to... uh... yea the demolished mcdo lol

20. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ huh, since when the mcdo was demolished?

@hiake dont think theres a chinese character on Pho Bang.