Linda Chung as 于素心/秋

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008.

1. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

(from TVB.com, translated by love_of_tvb)
    Custody: -------

She is Ah Hong and her ex-husband's daughter. Her original name was Yu So Sum, but because the Grandpa wanted to make the last letter of his grandkids as [Ka Ho Yuet Yuen Hing Chong Choew], her nickname became Yu So Cheow.

After Ah Hong was left behind by her ex-husband, she developed feelings for Jo Boa. Ah Hong just stole Jo Boa from Hoh Ma. Wanting to give her a perfect family, with Jo Boa becoming her stepfather, Ah Hong told Jo Boa to have a divorce with Hoh Ma. For this reason, Ah Choew thinks that she was the cause of Hoh Ma and Jo Boa's marriage.

More than 10 years ago, Ah Choew was sent overseas for her education, separating her and Ah Ho. Twelve years later, one became a great master at making cookies and bread, while the other became a doctor to be. Their distance stretched more. But, fate brought them together once again.

Once in a while, the two would meet while taking the ferry across. Her happy memories with Ah Ho came back. She knows that her mom, Ah Hong does not like her to be with Ah Ho, but she insists on visiting Hoh Ma and her family once in a while.

Ah Choew and Hoh Ma's family are very close. Whenever her mom is not here, she would say good things about Hoh Ma, thus making Ah Hong become more mad. Hoh Ma and Ah Hong's level of fighting continues to rise, but this made Ah Ho and her get even closer. She eventually developed towards Ah Ho.

Ah Choew's head, Ah Shun also has good feelings for her, since they are constantly working together. She had to choose between her childhood friend, Ah Ho or Ah Shun. In terms of matching, Ah Shun won because they had about the same level of education. So, Ah Choew chose Ah Shun logically. Later, Ah Ho wished them luck of their love.

#1 love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Linda is one reason I watch this series, she's ssssssssssssssooooooooooooooo hot on screen!

3. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

lmao ... hahaha........i watch it cause story line...... dont tell me .. next ur gonna saayyy w000t tavia and fala = fiiit w0000t lol

4. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Whoa love_of_tvb, that last part of the description seem like a spoiler to me. I thought the whole point of having love triangles was to make it challenging for the audience to figure out who ends up with whom. I hope you're description is just TVB's way of misleading people.

5. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

^I should think so, cos I think he/she just translated from the TVB site.

6. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

i think i know who linda ended up with already. and besides the stuff from TVB.com are not always 100% real. Let me give an example... The Money Maker Recipe.

On TVB.com for the cast info, Ah Teem (Ellesmere Choi) was said to end up with Toby, but it was so unclear at the end if they even went out.

7. yammer

yammer Active Member

Do you know that于素秋 is (I think she is still alive) the name of a Cantonese actress? She used to be in a lot of black/white kung fu movies and was the leading lady in a lot of movies with 曹達華. I think they mentioned those names in episode 1 or 2.

8. lawplanet

lawplanet Well-Known Member

HER englsih is so good. and her crying is good too haha

9. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Linda's scenes of simultaneous talking and crying seem to be harder to understand than HoG?

I think her crying scenes are great (as shown in HoG and A Journey Called Life), but something about her speaking while crying is not as clear as it use to be. For example, in episode 6 and 24 min in. But then near the end of episode 8, it's crystal clear although her English accent is starting to get strong again.

For the record, I am not a Linda-hater. I like watching her shows.

10. lawplanet

lawplanet Well-Known Member

She is so in love with the raymond character.....

it's so sad cuz he doesn't see the same :(

11. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, shes a prtty big role, but she kinda pisses me off, lol maybe its because nearly every dramas has linda chung, u get to see her all the time, lol anyway, its kinda stupid how she gets used by her mum,

12. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

of cuz her english is good, she's a Miss Chinese International WINNER, she's born in Canada

13. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

oh yeah and does anyone else find it weird how even though linda sposed to study in uk, she has a heavy canadian accent? hahahaa! why didn't the script ppl write she studied in canda instead?

14. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

havent seen her acting on tvb for some time now

15. michelle7879

michelle7879 Well-Known Member

Ah Chow is tis character... abit same as Chris Lai in HOG... a good and nice girl.. but, the mum have make others ppl family broke.. i quite look forward to see Her , Ray and Bosco love story... any temporary now.. seeing her have the good feel to Ah Ho.. sometimes, makes me re-call back of the scene she in HOG as Siong Joy Sum wif Alfred ( Ray )

[​IMG]

16. datofman

datofman Member

i used to be fan of her... but recently i dont like anylonger that much... dont know why.. maybe she lost her newbe cuteness in my eyes? like back then in "virtuous harmony" she was cute to see... but in a recent interview, kinda promoting her single, she said she's kinda ashamed being nooby back then >.<

17. Weberley333

Weberley333 Member

i think her acting is very similar to HOG I

18. Cheyanna

Cheyanna Well-Known Member

I find her character very annoying in this series. she is the doctor that knows it all is good at everything. but they shouldn't put more into her character then jz having love relationships and being miss perfect!

19. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice how she got the blood pressure reading wrong when she was with Bosco in the ambulance? Lol...I can't imagine someone with blood pressure of 120/160mmHg. Your heart probably wouldn't be pumping out blood then.

I don't really like her acting in this series. Somehow I felt that she lost her innocence and is trying too hard...what a pity, I used to like her so much. I felt she was superb in Journey Called Life. And I still enjoy her acting in Legend of the Demigods. I'm just hoping that she'll live up to expectations and things will get better once she gets into a relationship with Raymond and Bosco.

20. YHY

YHY Member

I liked her character more in HOG =(