Lord of Shanghai - 梟雄 (2015)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Oct 19, 2015.

1. started out great but had bit of a dropoff after 20 ep (after all the flashbacks were done)

but the cast carried it through wayne started it off and then chau sung took over even with annoying accent you grew to love his char lol he's amazing!

any body bored of the chinese vs Japanese theme? :gum: seems like most Post Modern drama have this story we have enough of those 'No Regret' ones :moses:

I thought Alice Chan was really good in this and Ron in the end first time as heel?

2. so this is a sequel? :kenn: what were the first two

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

sorry if I phrased it wrong, but I meant of the 3 dramas

Rosy Business 巾幗梟雄
    No Regrets 巾幗梟雄之義海豪情

Lords of Shanghai 梟雄

were all the same theme roughly. I kinda call them sequels of each other even though their story has nothing to do with each other, and mostly based on theme, and the casts that are in it.

Other than that, I didn't mind the Chinese vs Japanese theme, even though it's used a lot, it's a very popular theme, and you can literally put any story behind it. What I liked about this series is it's heavily revolved around gangs and their role in Shanghai society pre-Japanese occupation and during and post Japanese occupation. I liked how this time, TVB took a different approach in filming this drama - ie when Wayne started executing Chinese prisoners for the Japanese...violent, but fresh.

I thought at the end when Anthony returned to Shanghai and bought the entire gang against Ron was VERY badass, reminded me of the Young and Dangerous days. Funny, Anthony Wong was in it...and also the part where Anthony was fighting Wayne towards the end, where he kinda used wing chun...I felt he was Ip Man...funny he was also in it =P

Kent and Anthony returning to TVB I would say is a good move as this drama did satisfy me, good storyline and strong cast.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. nice catch never knew the name was similar lol the next segment in that series is 'No Reserve - 巾幗梟雄之諜血長天"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Reserve

its been done for awhile but no release date

this is the real trilogy :p

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Lord Of Shanghai Ratings
    Episode 14 to 18 = 25 (-1, peaking at 27)
    Episode 19 = 18 (-1)
    Episode 20 = 24 (+2)
    Episode 21 to 24 = 25 (--, peaking at 29)
    Episode 25 = 23 (+3)
    Episode 26 to 30 = 26 (--)
    Episode 31 = 24 (+14)
    Episode 32 = 29 (+5, peaking at 32)

TV Ratings doesn't seem too good, but online views and feedback is good