Lost Something??

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by brown_bear, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I am lazy enough to only put it in my coat's pocket = never will lose it... Though I suspect that I am jinxing it right now.

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

you check the wash machines or underneath your car? -tongue2 anyways joking aside that sucks, you always find things when you don't look though.

3. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

lol... for phones.. if you buy insurance on it.. which is usually phones that the carrier has.. they'll replace it if you lost it... lol no cost probably:D

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Wtf? Insurance on phones? -what?

Sure you don't mean a warranty?

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^he probably meant warranty, but that came with my phone wouldn't buy warranty for phone lol, well unless it's a nokia n95 or something, i wouldn't buy a phone that expensive in the first place though

6. runtohell121

no no im pretty sure its insurance.. you pay like $50-$100 a year.. like AT&T or Verizon.. etc... you lose the phone.. they replace it right away..

edit: ok im pretty sure it is insurance..
    heres what i got from AT&T....

Wireless Phone Insurance protects against:
    Loss or theft
    Accidental physical or liquid damage*
    Mechanical and electrical failure after the manufacturer's warranty period has expired

*Includes power surge, physical or liquid damage

Wireless Phone Insurance covers:
    Wireless Handset
    Standard Battery**
    Standard Battery Charger**
    SIM Card**

but one sad thing lmao..
    Deductible
    A $50 non-refundable deductible per approved insurance replacement applies.

my dad used to replace his phone without insurance.. send to cingular... they didnt charge anything..

Verizon...
    Total Equipment Coverage offers complete protection for your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Wireless Phone Protection (offered by a third-party licensed insurance provider) with the discounted Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your phone or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you can be covered. Cost is $5.99 monthly per phone with a $50 non-refundable deductible for each insurance related claim.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol whoever buys the insurance doesn't know that phones technology evolve like all the time, in another year or so your phone would be outdated and something 2-3x better would be the same price lol. well that is unless your phone is like $500 or so.

8. runtohell121

yea... but now... all the carriers make you sigh 2 year contract.. so sometime its worth it... since if something happens during the 2 year term... your doomed... but i would just buy another junk phone off ebay or something.. or just buy a gophone from AT&T which is a Samsung A437 for like $30

9. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

OMGGG......WELL THE 3 LIBRARY BOOKS I LOST.....

I COULDNT TAKE NO BOOKS OUT ON MY CARD TILL I FOUND/RETURN THEM...SO IVE BEEN USING THE
    BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY AND LITERALLY LIVED THERE COZ I COULDNT TAKE THE BOOKS OUT
    AND GOT TO THE POINT WHEN I NEEDED TO WORK AT HOME

SO I WENT TO THE HELP DESK AND REPORTED I LOST THE BOOKS AND BLAH BLAH..I HAD TO PAY
    FOR THE BOOKS TO BE REPLACED....WHICH WAS OKIES I GUESS SEEING COZ I LOST THEM AND
    ONLY HAVE MY SELF TO BLAME..>_<"

BUT TILL LAST NITEE I ACTUALLY FOUND THE BOOKS...UMMM IN THE HOUSE..-blush
    SO I WENT TO THE HELP DESK AND RETURNED THEM AND ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME A REFUND.....
    AND THEY WERE LIKE -shock-shock....LIKE "THANKS" TOOK MY BOOKS AND WERE LIKE OFF YOU
    GO THEN....IM LIKE AND MY REFUND...???....THEY WERE TOTALLY NOT EXPECTING IT....?!?!?!!?!?!?!

BUT IT WAS THE COST OF 3....!!! TEXTBOOKS AND THEY WERE LIKE HANG ON...BLAH BLAH
    RANG THE MANAGTER AND STUFF AFTER ALL THAT....

THEY ONLY GAVE ME 10% OF WHUT I GAVE TO THEM......FOR ALL 3 BOOKS IN TOTAL.....!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH.....!!!!!!.....
    :rant: :rant:

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

could it be bcos of the late charges. aww... i understand ur situation, i would be so pissed off it that happened to me. u shouldn't have given them the money and just waited a little longer. its always so annoying how whenever u don't need something it suddenly comes up.

11. Dohh_boy

Dohh_boy Well-Known Member

Ya I lose stuff all the time. I see something lying around all the time until I actually need it. And that's when I can't find it. Not my wallet, phone and keys though, I'm usually pretty good with those.

I would've thought they could have given you more than 10% though. That seems a little low, especially if the books are like hardcover or something.

12. person

person Well-Known Member

I lost my step counter... I one day was like, hmm I should use it. But... I can't find it. Last time I used it was sometime last year too.
    And a few weeks back, I lost my usb stick, I was really pissed cause it had really important work I needed.
    A week after, I ended up finding it in this hole in my bag... So now I have a new bag lol.

13. shw

shw Well-Known Member

what a leechers

you might as well have kept the books

14. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Must of been harsh for you Brown Bear.

15. brown_bear

okies this has gotta top the list...

i cant find the insurance certificate...

when we need it most....its nowhere to be found and apparently
    i was the one that kept hold of it...this shucks big timeeee.!!!!!...-angry

16. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Give the insurance companies a ring?

17. brown_bear

^ we did.....and theyll send new one but at a small cost for like admin fees etc...

but they refuse to give them money just to print something out...

so its like all eyes on bb till its found...grrRRRRr...

i even thought about paying it myself but cant ring coz its under my baba's name
    and they wont talk to you unless your the policy holder =/

after looky for it some more.....i have a ubbbbber bad feeling it might have been
    shredded nows...coz awhile back we bought a new shredder and i was like oOOo
    and shredding everything....eeeeeekkk...!!!!!!!

#77 brown_bear, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  18. OblivionStar

OblivionStar Well-Known Member

Its happens...eventually its will show up where you least expected or expected

19. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

[​IMG]

lost my bike

20. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

gota take copies of the import documents.
    least you got to put the shredder to good use.