Maggie Cheung as Jackie

Discussion in 'Beauty Knows No Pain - 女人最痛' started by cyndy123, Sep 5, 2010.

1. cyndy123

cyndy123 Well-Known Member

****Some spoilers, if you haven't watched all eps*****

Do you like her character in the series. What do you think of her? To me she is a very strong woman who wants to succeed and will do anything to get what she wants and she even wants to prove that she could succeed without Nick. I do feel sorry for her for that when she tries to prove that when Nick helps Angela and she was humiliated when everyone leaves the party or show she was try to present and everyone went to Angela's show because of that Japanese celebrity?

She was okay at first but when the series starts to progress I don't like her as much and sometimes I really don't like how she betrays her friends to go up the ladder like she told the paparazzi about Bibi's parents force her to do plastic surgery which caused her get slapped by her mother. I also really hate that she says 'I never have thought.... blah blah.... She said that many times:

- the part she and Nick revealed the truth of Stephy's sister past (photos that made her commit suicide. (She never have thought that as she said)
    -she leaked out the fact the the products - purple queen and Vicki is manufactured in the same factory which gave Purple queen a bad reputation and caused Mrs Cash to be accused. (She never have thought that as she said)
    -When she revealed GM an Angela's affair and his wife busted in with their son. Mrs cash said Jackie was overdoing it and the fact it will give the child bad experience in his life to see his father having affair with another woman (GM son and as she understands the situation) (She has never thought of that as she said)
    -When she told the paparazzi that Bibi's parents force her to do plastic surgery to work for money, which is not true and she even got accused by her mother. Despite she had helped Jackie and she even admit herself as the culprit to ruined the company's reputation about Purple queen and Vicki but Jackie still betrays her.
    (She also say i have never of her being accused like that and how the paparazzi making up all the things - I can't control that)

Oh come on, is she stupid to not know the consequences, it's not her first day to work in public relations and therefore she's able to think a lot about who betrays her and why like the part where she think Bibi shared the brand's idea to Angela and she fires her because she think she wants to avenge for Noble, which is the only case she thinks. She seems to make all the excuses to get her away with her wrong doings. But overall she did lose a lot of friends though Mrs cash forgave her at the end and she became very successful as a CEO. Though I think Bibi shouldn't admit the crime that Jackie did or Nick should not give her chance and should reveal her bad stuffs, but instead he gets betrayed by her and I think he loses his job as the marketing director because she suggested to everyone that they should cut the marketing team to save money and make things easy, and I assume he lost his job - disappointed for him.

Anyway what do you think of her?

#1 cyndy123, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

She's evil, especially near the very end, she deserved that.
    Was alright, but as I said evil.

3. transition

transition Well-Known Member

still got one more ep to go but i totally agree with the first post. really self-centred person not my type of girl, wonder what made nick interested? *thinks*