Miss HK get uglier each year

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by angle21, Jun 7, 2007.

1. WILLard

WILLard Well-Known Member

Well, Feb is around the corner...guess we'll find out soon enough who enters.

2. nameless2k8

nameless2k8 Member

Its very weird because all the people we see on TVB are pretty but when it comes to miss HK, they are all suddenly ugly.

3. ^ some make it onto some tvb dramas......

4. kryptkillor

kryptkillor Member

well, it's true, every year

5. Kinedevil

Kinedevil New Member

i agree miss hong kong is getting uglier every year

6. YingYing

YingYing Well-Known Member

i thought the one from this year wasnt bad..one from last year was worst..i really didnt expect it..no one did..me and my siblings were betting on it, and they were so happy when the one i picked got kicked out, they thought the one they picked was a sure win because she was one of the remaining ones when they were announcing the winner..haha..but then she went on and came 2nd in miss international..she must have a brain then..guess its not all about looks heh?

7. calmwater

calmwater Well-Known Member

well i notice that too, though they ( the missus from HK) are not the really pretty in the first place compared to Mainland or Korea.

So i am not reallly surprised neither disappointed by their performance.

8. not really~~

9. if by uglier you mean sexier, then yes

10. asuranj

asuranj Member

well... probably because there is more variations in ppl's taste in beauty

11. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

Everyone is different, genetic variation and getting more and more diverse

12. phatboy

phatboy Member

I believe so. The winner from 2007, Cheung Ka Yi was not pretty at all, and the media has called her the ugliest miss hk. My friends called her ms. pork chop. But surprisingly, the winner from 2008 was worst than Ka Yi. She was so damn tall and had no figure at all, and her looks were very very average. Maybe these girls have other abilities or talents, but this is a beauty pageant after all, and not a talent show.

13. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

i always think that the winners arent pretty! the runner ups are prettier...Look at last year and and the year before...they're disgustin!

14. star_firechild

star_firechild New Member

I have to agree that the miss HK seems to not be as great as year's past, but I think part of the reason is that there's a greater emphasis on talent and the way you present yourself (i.e. Miss HK really needs to know how to talk eloquently to the public)...it's not all a beauty contest anymore (despite what it's supposed to be)

15. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

16. l3lahzzz

l3lahzzz Active Member

17. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

maybe its about who can represent hk as a female...

18. Celciuz

Celciuz Member

I for one didn't like the winner of 2008, she's just tall IMO. Don't quite like her outlook =/

19. SweetCookies74

SweetCookies74 Well-Known Member

I agree, Miss Hk does get uglier each year but somehow they get prettier o_O well not that much prettier but more pretty than they first joined the industry.

20. ghostsxy

ghostsxy Well-Known Member

ya i think miss hk get uglier every year