Miss HK get uglier each year

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by angle21, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Actually, the contestants are more educated than beautified. However, when it comes to being with TVB and acting, a lot of them cannot do it. Very few are able to perform in the entertainment industry, therefore TVB often time pulls those who can, which can often been runner ups or just a contestant.

2. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

I've stopped watching it a few years ago because it makes me laugh when I see the contestants and the winners!! pork chops!! XD and some cant even speak cantonese!!

3. Vongy

Vongy Active Member

Maybe all the pretty ones don't want lots of attention so they don't enter.

4. Gambler_Master

Gambler_Master Active Member

It's not that they don't want the attention....
    The truth is the pretty girls already know they are pretty and most of them have a great career or are already married with someone very rich. So they don't just stand there as a dumb blond girl and thinks all the attention goes there way, but in fact the jury are judging them like a peace of meat and so are the watchers :D

5. space_kandie

space_kandie Active Member

they aren't that bad....but just they don't feel like miss hk anymore...more average i'd say

6. iLuminous

iLuminous Member

wow i agree omfg, the new one, is sooo ugly omfg she looks like she has botox on.

7. little_toe

little_toe Member

They try to define Miss HK as both beautiful and intelligent.
    How many smart girls out there are pretty as well?

8. andrienne

andrienne Member

not to say tht they are getting uglier by year because i think everyone has different standards on being pretty/ugly. but i would say the quality dropped quiet alot over the years. compared those few years back to those in the 90s and early 00s, you could see the huge difference physical wise and also some of them are really under the par when it comes to Q & A session. even those from my country(msia) also getting below par nowadays. perhaps the ones with better quality are being offered something better or they don't really fancy those fame and many offered by tvb.

9. porksi

porksi Well-Known Member

stopped watching it years ago after Shirley won....anyway any clear pics for this year?

10. Suiko

Suiko Well-Known Member

i think it's going to stop this year... they years contestant looks pretty good

11. blahers

blahers Member

i haven't watched the last few years of the miss hk pageant but i've seen clips of them on tv and i'm like, "what?!" O.O

12. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

the 2006 ones were pretty good.

13. cothfy

cothfy Active Member

thier personality plays a big part, and now miss hk is not all about beauty.

14. rowdy331

rowdy331 Active Member

i do agree with the first poster.not only that these girls get uglier each year but also we have never had a really good looking miss hk pageant,they are mediogre at best. i know that theres nothing perfect in this world but look at the ladies from other countries! persay brazil....wow.

15. itzfannie

itzfannie Well-Known Member

i agree. theyre not ugly or anything but they all kinda look the same. the show got boring like 10 years ago lol

16. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

i dont think they are going uglier each year.. in fact i think that they ok..

17. wu.mao

wu.mao Member

I think this year they're ok.

18. Ereos

Ereos Well-Known Member

well i dunno about 2008 miss HK i havent check
    but i remember last yr
    she was ugly!!
    seriously i dont like these contest
    its a bunch of PoS girls chatting a load of BS trying to set a image that they are only acting
    with a voice on the outside trying to sound sincere but you know deep inside it quite the opposite
    they like some sort of celeb wanab Whores
    the contest is boring seriously what the point of it
    i rather see it as who the hottest girl in HK
    but nooo they get ugly skanks on the contest omg i could head down some rusty village and find a girl much better looking or one of them Brothels or some hostels and there be girls way hotter!!
    These contests are always rigged it why i dont really like this show

19. pegasusat

pegasusat Member

yup. something is wrong with the judges and their tastes.

20. ipat

ipat Member

I'd definitely have to agree. I guess they arent putting much effort into finding better contestants or the pretty ones are smarter now and not putting themselves into the showbiz industry where they are taken advantage of.