Mooncakes

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by [N], Sep 21, 2007.

1. don

don ello

the yolk is the best part.....what are you guys talking abbout =/

2. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

hah, i used to hate the yoke when i was a kid... now i'm like... meh... not bad. It's not my fav thing but i dont' dislike it. Just had a moon cake like an hr ago ^_^

3. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

haha...yeah i dont like the yolk too...
    had mooncake yesterday....normal ones...with lotus paste and vn ones...with nuts and all that...
    i still prefer the original ones

btw....i saw them piggy ones saturday.....whats inside of them?

4. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ just lotus paste but it taste pretty good, well back then but probably not now, it's kinda a nostalgic thing.

5. MissCheekS

hmmmm...i might like it since i dont like the egg part haha...
    but mooncakes are quite expensive =/.....
    i buy a box for my mother every year when im in NL....lucky i dont have to do it this year....jkjk

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^yup mooncakes are expensive like 5 dollars each for the normal one here, it doesn't even look like 5 bucks, yea those piggies don't have the eggs and they are probably cheaper than mooncakes. that's a good thing buying mooncakes for your mom angie. oh yea it's like 1 day till mid autumn festival now so fast.

7. MissCheekS

is it? hmmm....im never really interested in that festival...i only wanna eat the cake haha....
    the one i like are like 11 bucks each or something....good thing ive got an uncle here..
    i wanted to buy him mooncake too but he told me not to as he was sure ppl would give him some anyway.....
    so i just ate his mooncakes lol

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^same here haha, i keep track but don't celebrate (i'm lazy), only mention it cause of the mooncakes.

9. MissCheekS

whats there to celebrate anyway...
    ppl go to eachother's places and eat mooncake....
    tell u what....my uncle can go have fun chilling with his friends and i will finish the mooncakes :p

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol you can probably say, "lend a helping hand" haha, but don't you see the traditional moonlight festival in movies and all, lovers go watch the moon, kids go play with lanterns and all that, scholars get all poetic and shit, but traditional values gone down the drain along time ago and i don't live in china, so ya nothing to celebrate lol.

11. MissCheekS

Lol@ lovers go watch the moon...
    Oohhh....that....nah...we only eat in NL....it would be cool to be in china during that period though....
    i love lanterns <3 so pretty

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i think back then watching the moon was the shizz right lmao that was like lover's main source of entertainment or something, say something poetic and all, you watched tvb version of journey to the west right, what the pig character does all the time... but now that's boring. really boring haha.

13. MissCheekS

hahhahaha...yeah...i can imagine...not many things to keep urself entertained back in the old days haha

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^we're a spoiled generation indeed lol, but it's disrespectful to not utilize what was invented by our ancestors, so we just have to keep progressing hehe...

15. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

HEHEHE. I had loads off moon cakes soo far!
    most of them are dia tong. lol. Low sugar. kekekes* ~

16. shw

shw Well-Known Member

has anyone tasted the frozen ones. those are the shiznit!

17. azzdks

azzdks Member

Moon Cakes are too oily and fattening. Can't stand eating lard and it's too sweet

18. MissCheekS

lol....yeah by eating all of it muahaha

no...are u gonna buy me some?

19. i had these icecream like mooncakes this weekend.. omg they were so yummy...i forget what the name was... but you had to refridge them or they will melt....not very traditional but for yummy :D

20. MissCheekS

*runs to the asian supermarket*