Mosquito bites

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by bbgirlsum, Jul 24, 2009.

1. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

not until u know these have negative side effects down the road; these are chemicals after all =0

2. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

I hate it when it buzzes around my ear. It totally freaks me out.

3. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

when i finished uni yesterday it was raining and before i got into my car my eye felt weird and blurry thought it was jsut my hair, so i brushed it off. got into my car as i pulled out and turned to another road it went blurry again and brushed it off harder and a moisquito just flew right onto my windscreen ARGH!!

4. kysay

kysay Member

use stop itch type sprays on the bites and they stop being itchy.

5. DreamyStar

DreamyStar Active Member

I know, I hate mosquito bites too. I remember I used to work in a camp and there are lots of mosquitoes. I tried a few products and it doesn't seem to work well. The insect repellent that has the good scent to them, I find it doesn't work well. I tried the "Muskol" brand and it work better, but the drawback to it is that it smells really bad and the spray type I used are kind of oily too.

Ah, I remember when I went on a trip to HK, I got like 10 mosquito bites on my leg, it hurt like hell. all swollen, red, itchy, and painful. It looks really bad and disgusting. The "after bite" medication didn't seem to work, I had to use quite a lot of those chinese medicated lotion my mom got me...it took like 2 weeks for it go completely go away....so painful to walk too. I hate mosquitoes.

6. arnica

arnica Well-Known Member

FFS I got woken up this morning by several mozzie bites ... I wanted to sleep in today because it was my first day after my exams ... but NO ... those lil fukers wouldn't let me sleep in.

7. gomi

gomi Member

i abhor mosq. bites...hate those things...

8. cloudless

cloudless Member

poor you... it just means that your blood is sweet and those blood suckers just can't stand not biting you... but I heard that if you eat alot of garlic and onions your blood will not taste as yummy therefore they won't be willing to bite you as much.

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, mosquito bites are the principle route of disease transmission around the world. Lethal illness such as Malaria, Dengue Fever, or West Nile Virus count on that simple flying insect to spread infections.

10. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

yea, i think those darn mosquitos are friggin evolving. I never had any bites that's like a size of a handball before, well, not until 3 years ago......so wth?

11. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Everytime I go on a holiday to Hong Kong and China, it is mainly China that I get mosquito bites, they seem to like a BBC blood more than others.

12. mzjenn

mzjenn Member

talking about mosquito bites i got fucking 7 bites on my body and it is not even fucking china -.-

13. All bugs must die!!

14. jian04

jian04 Member

Mosquitoes their bites do seem to get worse and worse every year....I always freaking get mosquito bites at bbq's

15. Seven_Seven

Seven_Seven New Member

lol, i hate them, but i usually dont get bite cause my friends attract them more =) so they all go on them and not on me

16. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

Luckily for me I didn't get any bites on my last trip to China a couple of months ago; but, maybe it's worse in southern China? I was in Beijing and Shanghai. I'll definitely try the suggestion of bounce dryer sheets (#32) on my next trip to Hong Kong.

17. bsb85my

bsb85my Active Member

Wow!! Nice one to prevent mosquito.

18. gyyr2

gyyr2 Well-Known Member

we were holidaying in Singapore and Indonesia recently. My inlaws and I were providing a feast for the mozzies. Bites were mostly on the calves and arms. As some of you said, the more you scratch the bites to easy the itch, the more itchy it gets. I suspect it triggers the hormones to produce more of the itchy toxin. Mopiko does easy the itchyness somewhat.
    Anyway, it's a price you pay for a holiday in a sunny climate!

19. KuriousKutiexoxo

That's crazy. o-o I have those sticker repellents as well as the spray on repellent when I go out. But I do get bites sometimes.. I don't know where I learned this from, but putting my saliva on the bites help decrease the swollen effects. It works for me... not sure on other people x__x

20. Chungy

Chungy Active Member

Yea mosquito bite are total pain...I remember I used to work evening shirt outdoor tennis court...Man, having like hundreds of mosquitos flying near the light where your sitting under is no fun at all...Luckily I don;t work there anymore, used to get 10 bite daily and used those cream to cure it the following days...

I hope if ever I go to HK, I won't get as much bite and as deadly as they are.