New UserGroup! *ViP MEMBERS*

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by b-lee, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

VIP Members is a special type of member we came up with and only a select number of members will be able to become one.

Perks of becoming a VIP Member
    -you will be able to use animated avatars
    -you will be able to change your title

How to become a VIP Member(Requirements)

-First you must qualify to even have a chance to become a VIP Member.
    -There are 2 ways to acheive this. You either have to obtain 3000 Thanks OR obtain 3000 normal posts
    -IF you qualify you then must PM one of the mods and give us:

Your name

Afterwards we will review ur contributions on the forum and decide whether or not you are worthy of becoming a VIP Member.

NOTE: IT DOES NOT COST YOU A SINGLE PENNY TO BECOME A VIP MEMBER
    All we want are dedicated members.. loyal members.. members who contribute :)

#1 b-lee, Jul 1, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. FTP DOWNLOADS? -shock I WANT IN FOR SURE!!! PICK ME!PLZ!

3. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

oooo... seems awesome! haha... i wonder if i could be a vip member.
    haha.. gotta try!

4. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

3000 posts...

Lets see... I've done 300 posts in about 1/2 a year thus far... so I'm only 4.5 years away from being a VIP member... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

-surr

Congrats to Ecko and Knoc -lol

5. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol dam knoc and his 4000+ posts

6. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

hey just wanted to say thanks for the info about the new forum rules and i hope to be a VIP member soon :) congratulations to be able who have made it there into the VIP section already you've deserved it :) im just looking forward to my day of becoing one hee hee :) but that will be a dream far far away but i will work hard at it to make it become true :)

7. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

I wanted to ask why search would be for VIP only? Without search, you may have members posting similar/same topics that they would have found if they had search. Another annoyance is the inability to use the "Quick Links -> New Posts" feature which makes browsing PA so much faster. Please reconsider the search function as the other benefits of being VIP are already so nice.

8. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

I agree with "Xzyrus". I think the "search" option should be available to everyone so that it'd be easier for people to locate specific threads/posts, and prevent us from creating repetitive topics.

I know that soompi has disabled their search engine to "VIP" members only, but that is because they have a large community so they had to disable the option for flood control and high server load. I don't think PA is currently experiencing this?

Anyway, please highly reconsider this option, as I think it would save you guys a lot of time from having to delete/merge similar threads in the future.

9. yea we are discussing that point ..we will get waachaa to change it...-lol. err i didnt notice that at first... search option should be for everyone!...i agree!

10. Thats what im sayin! GO GO GO Waachaa!

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

woooo the search function is coming back! :D:D

12. b-lee

ahh.. fine.. i'll change it back lol.

13. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

ha it's back, i didn't even know that it weren't there in the first place-huh.

14. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

^ Me neither, because i never used it..

EDIT:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that ecko and knoc are VIP, lol for a second there, I thought ecko was banned..I was like "WAA?"

15. b-lee

Knoc isn't a VIP Member, he hasnt pmed me or any of the mods. However he did reach the maximum number of post counts to receive a custom title. All he has to do now is pm one of the mods and we will help him change it to whatever he wishes. ;)

16. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

2 questions:

-Why does "age" have to be a factor in determining whether or not a member qualifies as VIP?

-For the "thanks" option, couldn't some desperate person just create multiple accounts and thank themselves? I don't think there's a limit as to how many times a person can thank another person, is there?

Just curious... :p

17. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

oh really? didnt know that, whats the maximum number of posts?

18. they cant create multiple accounts cuz they're ip will be recorded... and quite frankly I'm not really sure if the thanks option is kinda neccessary... other than to get VIP...

Ooh V.I.P... me wan..... ooh soo cool... I'm super jealous...

19. b-lee

Age is not a big factor in the decision making process, but it doesnt hurt to know because older people are usuallymore mature. (not always unfortunately lol)

And about the thank button, we will do ip checks to see who thanked the individual requesting for membership. If we notice anything suspicious they will be turned down and may risk being banned as well.(depending on how serious the offense is)

Edit: u need 4000 posts to get a custom title.

20. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Thanks for reconsidering and fixing it. Makes PA much more friendly to browse through to check new stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.