Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by bruisel33, May 16, 2006.

1. mizsmiley

mizsmiley Member

i think Wii is gonna be ace. just think how fun it can be. you actually do the actions, and you could end up rolling around in your room. how ace is that. although you'd look stupid. but its all about fun.

2. Sogaris

Sogaris Well-Known Member

Last chance for Nintendo

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

nintendo dont need chances..they got a damn solid history..

4. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

yeah! nintendo is old school

5. Wachay

Wachay Member

Ok the nintendo Wii got a funny name because it could help all the gamers aroung the world to pronounce it. But in graphics and sound improvements I will prefer XBOX 360. Otherwise the nintendo Wii has a very new way to play games so Nintendo got my attention in that. PS3 is still the same thing so not interested in that.

6. yapapa

yapapa Active Member

wii all the way...when i think how it works with old school games, it brings back fond memories....:D

7. jonyblayze

jonyblayze Active Member

wii will either be 1st or 2nd, with ps3 fallin last, due to price, difficulty of game making (most games will just be 360 ports from 3rd party devs), crappy # of units worldwide, wtf, couldnt even make the 100,000 units in japan, had to scale back to 80k, and looks like the US aint gettin their 400,000 units, looks like its 220,000 now. i played the ps3 at target yesterday, i was not impressed. playin on an HD set n everything id expect smoother textures than what i saw, especially coming from a $600 system the size of a VCR. the wanna be wii six axis control scheme was eh... i dont see a reason to get a ps3 at launch unless its to sell to some unsuspecting moron on ebay. shit will prolly breakwithin a week or two anyway. plus the first ps3 exclusive game reviewed, Genji, got a damn 6.4/10. lame. only 1 game worth gettin on that system so far, resistance:fall of man, and 1 game, a $600 system does not make.

but yea, wii will do really well, everyone i showed wii experience videos to that never heard of the system before are gettin it cuz it looks like alot of fun, everyone that i know gettin a ps3, are getting it to sell.

8. the reason why there is limited units for the ps3 is because it costs alot for them the make and they cant afford it ( 2 million in north america ). The ps3 20 gig version will only cost $420 , they reduced it from the original price by %20. They are banking on game titles to sell and make over their loss of the console. The ps3 will generally have xbox 360 titles but for traditional rpg games like final fantasy you probably wont find it on the xbox 360 ( they are more like computer rpgs ). Other then halo you'd probably be able to find most of the xbox 360 titles on the ps3 or computer gaming.

my bet is on the ps3 its alot more powerful then all the gaming systems and computers currently on the market. Give the developers some time and they will do some amazing stuff with it. I forgot to mention the blue ray discs which hold up to 54 gigs a disc compared to the xbox 360s 9 gig? There will be alot of room for content and powerful gaming.

#68 hadouken, Nov 11, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  9. dream4everwest

dream4everwest Well-Known Member

since even the wii is sold out of pre-orders at this time, does this mean acquiring one will be difficult? if so, anyboy think there is a chance to scalp the wii like the ps3. On ebay, one is looking at a nearly 1000 or more profit.

10. jonyblayze

jonyblayze Active Member

that 2 million is actually the amt they're relasing world wide by end of year. they didn't reduce the price of the 20 gig version here, just in japan. and having nothing but 360 ports on the ps3 isn't really a positive thing, especially with a $600 system. and thats whats mostly going to be on the system since from what every developer has said is that its a pretty difficult system to develop for.

the ps3 specs wise seems more powerful, because the processor is faster, yet they don't have as much ram as the 360, so from what all the developers are sayin, those two systems are equal. plus, look at the psp. that was more powerful than the DS, had more storage capacity on its UMD discs, and look at what happened. it got nothing but ps1 ports and suffered crappy sales, while the DS had lots of original, easy to make, innovative games and the system sells like crazy. u still can't find the DS lite in japan unless ur lucky. that lil system upped nintendos profits by like 50% this quarter...while sony suffered a 94% loss. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15426231/

eh, if sony does well, all the more power to them, i jus think they're fighting an uphill battle.

11. jonyblayze

jonyblayze Active Member

i think u could scalp it at first, but its gonna be alot easier to find than the ps3 since they're able to actually meet their production demands (4 million worldwide before end of this year). so if u tryin to do that, do it early.

12. cyta

cyta Member

ps3 is tooo muchh,,, whos going to pay 600 -700 for it...... im not thats why i like wii better its like the same price as gamecube when it came out

13. BKenC

BKenC Member

nintendo seems pretty nice but i want a playstation. . .how am i going to get my hands on one without paying more than the retail price?

14. simple, wait... but yo I really like the wii controller.. and they have that lil adapter for a gun... lol this ish looks pretty fun right here.... [​IMG]

15. yapapa

yapapa Active Member

am guaranteed one on launch day....am so excited about playing it....-rockon

16. am going to yapapa's house and playing it when he gets it....

17. yapapa

yapapa Active Member

if you can wrest the controller from me, then maybe you have a chance of playing it....:D

18. SamBo

SamBo Member

have you guys tried it?! coz i have and it is awesome!

19. What!? thas impossible.. or is it? damn.. SamBo.. I hope you got some extra controllers for me n yapapa!! or did you get yours yet Yapapa?

20. 23kenn

23kenn Well-Known Member

is it any good because my friend is about to get it