Not too bad of a twist but predictable

Discussion in 'The Slicing of the Demon - 凶城計中計' started by Dragon*D, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Dragon*D

Dragon*D Well-Known Member

Hmm...-tongue2
    Not bad of a film if action is not your taste. Storyline was good but they gave too much away to the audience for aneasy prediction.-tongue2 I knew who 'Yeh Cha Wong' was in the first place and the two guys could be brothers for the marks on their neck.-detect

Not too bad of a twist but predictable-dead
    Good ending and characters (better than Devil's Disciples-which I had high hopes for ended sh*t)-sweat

2. celiowin

celiowin Member

It's Ok

Yeah, I watched the whole series as well. I thought it was good for for a light entertainment, but I do agree with you on that it is a bit predictable. I like the happy ending.

3. AnnieS

AnnieS Active Member

I didn't finish watching this series, but I saw this one was much better than Devil's Disciple (I watched just about 6 eps of this series, & then I gave up watching it because its content was so...bad in my opinion)

4. tung

tung Active Member

Series is pretty predictable. Basically kinda guess out that they are real life brothers and that the elder 1 is going to die because TVB is like they don't want encourage any 1 doing any thing bad and being able to get away with it. But its a show thats enjoyable when u have plenty of time to kill.

5. yayitzmonica

yayitzmonica Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like everyone has been saying, this series was really predictable. Although I wasn't as smart as some people (xD) and found out who Yeh Cha Wong was right from the beginning, I found out who it was towards the middle. TVB has to many series and a lot of them follow the same way of progressing. But, this was an interesting series and, I agree, WAY better than Devil's Disciple.

6. deadman_inc

deadman_inc Well-Known Member

i finished watching the series, coz i already started it, so might as well finish it...
    was ok...suprised me that michael already knew 4 hoi was "guy jo" from the start...

7. itsm3k

itsm3k Member

i am SOOOO glad that the ending of this series was NOT like Devil's Disciple's ending or else that would have been bad..

i enjoyed the twist cause it made the ending a lot more interesting and different.

8. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

since many compared this to Devil's Disciples' ending, i thought i might as well add in my thoughts. I agree the ending here is much better than DD. in DD, it's like u r taken for a ride.... all the excitement, suspense and u lookin forward to a great duel... and suddenly Wham! I thought the DD ending duel reminded me of the movie Tricky Brains by Stephen Chow. It was too cartoonish and ridiculous that it is not even hilarious in my opinion.
    Although in TSOD, there's a few loopholes here and there and loose-ends, like for example, when people went missing (Chai Yuet's brother and the 3rd wife were killed) and nobody wondered where are they... and how about charmaine 's character? Is her true identity forever a secret and she remained havin some sort of memory loss/unable to speak? And when their mother recalled everything, why would she be so stupid to tell that to Ngok Wah's character? So that he could plan everything in advance for the two brothers to kill each other? lol.

9. pianista

pianista Active Member

i like the twisting plot of this series.

10. rayee

rayee Member

tvb story are all the same so that why im able to kind of predict almost all the series.
    it also may be cause the directors think all the same way
    LOL

11. hc1986

hc1986 Active Member

don't know what the drama even take about? haha

12. ahuatliling

ahuatliling Well-Known Member

haha yeah same to me

13. fidelis7119

fidelis7119 Well-Known Member

i feel the same way. i had really high hopes for devil ddisciples since it stars BOSCO AND KEVIN! lol but that series was shit compared to this one...i like this one more...esp micahel's character...it was differnt...lol i guess i just like his triangle with bernice and angela

14. meemo1031

meemo1031 Well-Known Member

its was good series to watch, i like sunny and michael , good chemistry. like all tvb series the ending and plot are predictable. but this is one of the better ones.