On the subject of afterlife..

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by chickenutbread, May 11, 2007.

1. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

But it's ok if it's the bible?

I have a feeling you are badly informed about the 'monkey-human' things. Do you think the Darwinists believe we humans have monkey's as ancestors? Because in the time of Charles Darwin lots of people tend to think that and cartoonists made those caricatures of Darwin evolving in an ape or something like that, suggesting Darwin 's theory is that monkey's are human's ancestors which Darwin have never claimed.

The theory was just that the homo sapiens sapiens shared the same ancestors as the chimpanzees, which explains why the chimpanzees share about 94% of the DNA with the homo sapiens sapiens . (the modern man)

2. ive never read a bible that has been posted on a forum and tbh i wouldn't read all of it but i would use it as a reference when i dont have my bible handy i guess.

as for Darwinism, what i know about it amounts to nothing really, so ill accept what you said about its theories.

3. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Ok, thought you must have read the whole bible as you often refer to the verses.

4. i was saying i wouldn't read a entire bible posted on a forum, it would be way to much. i would use the forum bible for references when i dont have my bible handy.

P.S im finishing up on old testament then i would have read it all (and ill read it over and over for the rest of my life). for me its not about how much you read, but how much you use. there are far greater Christians than me who dont even have access to a bible at all times and aint read as much as me.

5. oh... so you havent read the whole bible eh...

sorry, but it seems i got a few friends who HAVE read the bible, and have totally different views than you.... and yes, they are Christians too. religious fanatics if i might add..

6. No, i aint read it all and i wouldn't dare lie and say i have read it all, ive read from each book of the bible but ive now almost read it word for word all the way through.

im glad your friends have read it all, thats really a good thing.

7. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

My choice, in order of preference:

#1: Organ donation, take whever they want. It's a free-for-all.

3. become an object for scientific purposes and they dissect your body and do test with it

4. become a dissected human body in an exhibition show called 'Bodies' (and you'll travel post mortem)

1. you can become food for the maggots,

5. become ashes and end up in an urn, in the sea or somewhere in a grass field

6. become ashes and end up in the sky as part of a firework

7. become ashes first and get the reaminings compressed into a diamond stone

2. become an ice statue if you opt for the cryonics preservation

I personally would want myself be cremated (or whatever's left from organ donation/scientific purpose, if there's nothing to cremate, all the better, saves those who remains the trouble and the fee of crematation and ash desposition... :)

8. is that for real, i seen it on a commercial but wasn't sure if it was for real.

9. hiake

It's for real, but then I don't think people will want to keep a artifical (man-made) diamond of their ancestor's ash...

Just me @_@bbb Not a diamond fan one way or another...

10. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

not these an idea..being made into a diamond...
    i'd want my ashes incorporated into parts of a chain saw then given to a crazy killer put in a maximum security prison to carry out raids when there are riots.....oh yeah...

11. lol, there is a Smirnoff (alcohol) commercial in the uk, some guys gets his brother cremated, turns it into a diamond, pawns it and some woman buys it and gets it inserted onto her teeth.

12. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

-ohmy okaay that's just a bit scary.

about the diamond part, when i first heard about that, i thought it would be cool if the person who had the diamond wasn't creeped out that somehow the ashes used to be part of a living person and treated the diamond as a more of an item that holds memories rather than something that has part of my physical being in it.

13. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

...I knew I was forgetting something! -blush

There was a huge commotion over here just a few days ago about The Big Donor Show in which a terminal ill woman is going to donate one of her kidney's to one of the 3 contestants who needs the kidney.

Outcry over TV kidney competition

and another BBC source....(after the show was broadcasted)

I have filled a donor form some years ago and I've opted for 'donate everything, except my retina'. Can't explain why, but it's just a scary idea the medics will cut in your eyes, even when you're dead and won't feel anything of it. -boat

14. hiake

I've heard of that piece of news. I think it's quite ingenious to get the word about organ donation out... Plus, as long as the contestants are in the know (that they will NOT get the organ no matter who won) it isn't unethical to do so.

Great way to increase the consciousness on organ donation :)

I remember my choice was "donate everything" but made a footnote that whatever left goes to research, if they'd take it.

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Yeah, even if it was for real I still didn't think it was tasteless as many of the critics have said. Besides, that BNN channel is notorious for it's provocative shows and guerillia tactics and the founder of that channel died 5 years ago due a kidney failure so it was also an in memoriam show in the style he would have loved. Have laughed my ass off when they told the world it was a hoax to get attention for the real problem! (politicians meddle in screaming how unethical and tasteless the show is instead of paying attention to the real problem)

But I personally love the idea of my remainings after cremation (and after they've taken whatever parts they want for 'recycling') to be processed in a rocket and leave the world with a loud BANG and a last 'goodbye' in the form of colourful fireworks so the next of kin will have a last beautiful memory of me. :)

16. hiake

Whether the show is real or otherwise, it's a good way to get some publicity to the very much real problem of organ donation.

17. Knoctur_nal

and thas just for starters...

18. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

^yeah, i figured seeing as how your av is so ironic with a police officer beating people up and "getting away with it". but i'm sure BR can keep you in check. hahaha. :p

19. Knoctur_nal

what the..nutbed...brain aint got nutin on me..shes knows her place..