One of the worst f*****g shows i've seen... (Heavy Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'Wax and Wane - 團圓' started by [N], Jul 23, 2011.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

This show is plague by the worst writers ever. It seemed as if sometimes the actors don't even give a shit, in the end it seemed like everyone gave up. Seriously the way the plot moved and how the character relationship and plots were concluded were absolutely pathetic. I saw the fake brother and sister "twist" soo far away. There were too many plot holes and rushed plot points that i didn't even give a shit about the ending.

Example of plot hole:

The second sister of the rich family was pissed off at toby etc and she wasn't even at her dad's side when he was sick but she came back happy as a child given a lollipop at the end picture. WTF

Examples of rushed plot:

*Basically the whole fucking ending episode felt like it was put together by someone who didn't know where to go or just put together snippets of prematurely chopped scenes together. Like derek got caught and how to explain that? Toby trusted her brother the whole time! Then she hooks up with her adopted cousin. Then he fights and barely shoved his wife who all of a sudden explained that the kid wasn't his who then dies because of a conveniently placed needle. Then sunny chan's father said " if we don't find the person we'll find the corpse." Then they find sunny chan and then he is forgiven. And then the other father is okay. And then ron proposes to kate tsui in like 30 sec (something that has been built up the WHOLE FRIGGIN SHOW, concluded without any emotion).And then the first baby comes. Then the kid of the second wife wasn't even on screen at all. Then we see a fooling around scene with the old guys. Then we see more babies.Then we see roger kwok with the other girl. Then family picture. All that in 40 mins!!!! Fuck me that was seriously one of the most clusterfuck endings i've seen, it blew my mind!

*Okay basically where the show turned to shit was all of a sudden a car hits roger kwoks mom out of nowhere, quite possibly the corniest shit ever. Her turning mental was already bad but to cut that short out of nowhere i was like wtf really?

*Roger Kwok and Sunny Chan has multiple personalities disorder no fucking joke. Their change was soo damn unbelievable. It felt like sunny chan went super saiyan vegeta on us and raged. And then he turned back with a talk from his dad that didn't even feel that encouraging.

*Toby leung can be funny on super trio but she is a horrible actress, omg sometimes i want to punch her face. Her relationship with her cousin is too unrealistic he obviously doesn't have feelings for her and his sudden change of heart is just forced. They just ignore wai wai.

*Kate Tsui's character you just wanna slap her face also from what i've seen in the show SHE DOES NOT LOVE RON...how they ended up together in the end is beyond me (oh yea i guess the child). It was just poorly written like the others. Her relationship with ron was pretty much built up then they had to make his brother have feelings for her and then still had the balls to set him up with zita in the end lol. What the fuck was the whole point of that but to show that ron and kate wasn't meant to be, but no wait apparently they were. I'm glad derek kwok plays a bad guy and all cause i haven't seen that for a while but damn this is one horrible ass show. Such a waste of time. Don't watch it unless you absolutely have nothing to do.....oh wait just hear yourself breathe, you will get more satisfaction from that then this whole show.

*The way ron's dad discovered the affair between derek and his wife was also rushed, it was built up like for a couple of episodes and to conclude with that type of discovery then hospital is just stupid.

I hate this show because it was actually decent in the beginning. But then it all turned to shit. The plot jumped all over the place especially at the end.

2. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

haters gon' hate

3. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

i stopped at episode 7... anyone who's able to watch this piece of shit drama from start to finish deserves an award.

4. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i don't really mind...i think the whole series was pretty good and watchable. You see how Roger's character grow as a man and how he matured along the way. I don't mind Kate, I find her quite attractive in this series. Normally I hate her and want to slap her in her previous series, but this one is acceptable.

As for the ending, i dont think its rushed. I kinda guessed Toby is Roger's undercover. Because how does an innocent stupid girl suddenly became so ambitious, and power/money hungry. At first I thought Ron was also an undercover but I was wrong, he was that dumb.
    Roger's sister was always dumb, and her character is really small so whatever happens happens.

The only thing I want to complain is Claire's death...it was totally random, like she didn't have to die...

but overall i like this series

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

the only thing i like about this is the artists and their acting. Those were some superior acting......but the storyline effed it up.

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

At first.. i did not like this series. The story did pick up after we found out Wong Hung was the baddie, but the story is still rushed as you said.

I wished Toby ended up with Wai Wai. That guy is soo funny. He needs more screen time!

7. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

they didnt reallly talk about their master / pupil relationship either...

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I still watch this series till the end. Although I didn't enjoy this series as much I had nothing else to watch to burn time lol. Looking forward to that ancient series and Live of Omission though!

9. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Overall, it had alot of misunderstanding and one word: MESS! Bceuase of the family relationship! But other than that - the drama itself was alright. As for the ending - I didn't find it rushed either.. it was actaully okay. Yeah.. it was like a typical tvb ending.. but it was good!

Yeah, I also knew that dai moon is was like an undercover.. abit obvious wasn't it?? I mean.. when eugene spoke to her after he left the house.. we could see that dai moon goon had doubts about what he said.. then next few episodes we see dai moon goon all the sudden she's greedy of the money? And acts completely different?!?! lol. So I knew about her..

But like you said.. ping didn't have to die!! that was totally random!!

Also dai moon goon and roy together - DON'T LIKE!! I mean Roy clearly does not like her at all!!! When did he start liking her?!?!
    Felt soo sorry for wai wai.. especially in the ending when them 3 had picture taken.. he dfelt so left out! :(

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Are you guys serious for finding that the ending was not rushed?

Okay the old guy falls in a coma and they were too damn lazy to even show the scene of him waking up. The chick dies and they were too lazy to show anything about that or even derek kwoks arrest. And sunny chans dad line with the old guy was cringe worthy, "buy you lunch" he's like 70+ and that was a child's conversation. Also all of a sudden before even noticing his sons fate he accepted that he was dead and said "if we don't find the person we'll find the corpse." That would've worked if the timeline did not jump from one place to another so quick but no it was placed right after the scene that derek accidently killed the chick and it seemed sunny was only gone for days! The jump cut happened out of nowhere it was a mess! It was not typical tvb ending more like a clusterfuck of a mess. The ending was just a mess, Sunny chan didn't even deserve that ending i mean he could've killed his wife, he did something illegal and all of a sudden he is the "damsel in distress?" come on. I didn't buy that at all. That dai moon goon undercover plot was fucking stupid as she was stupid in the first place. Her character was all over the place in the show all of a sudden she didn't trust anyone then she trusted everyone again because of derek kwok. Her explanation was childish also about the education and the "gau wai" i mean if she is that easily manipulated, how can she even plot against anyone. Also this plot would have worked if everything else was not left so obvious, and it was done by another character.

11. lol this guy taking hating to another level...i told u it wasnt good

i do agree series is very poor alot of :facepalm:'s while i was watching it.

12. infernochaoz

infernochaoz Well-Known Member

The ending was rushed a LOT. But I would take this ending over Devil's Disciples ending any day LOL

13. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

well Derek's arrest was not important, hes broke and just murdered his lover...he basically has no where to run or time to run at his time, so having the arresting scene would be unnecessary
    Sunny's dad conversation was normal, talking like they were kids again is totally understandable, i mean even today a lot of chinese still say "chang nay yum cha" or buy you lunch, not to mention, when you see someone suffer that much, usually most hatred are dropped...
    its like theres no point in putting salt in the wound...Roger's dad is already at a very low point > wife died, thought he lost two sons (thought Roger betrayed him, and Ron being stupid) > Long Long not his son > Lover and Subordinate lied to him...
    I mean at the end, theyre still family, when you have a cousin that you hate for w/e reason, when you see those things happen, you usually dont hate the person as much anymore, cuz at the end, theyre still your cousin
    And again, Dai Moon Goon being undercover is pretty obvious, as Susie said, one scene she was doubting Roger, the very next chapter shes greedy? Thats too fast a change right?

14. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

I told you all to stop watching after the first ep didn't I ... If series like this carrys on tvb warn yuen laah

15. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

16. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i took shino's good advice and spent my time elsewhere instead. your fault nas :trollface: