Open Minded Christians

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by smallrinilady, Mar 18, 2007.

1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

christians - what do you think about abortion, homosexuality, and sex before marriage

non christians - what are your thoughts on christians that agree with homosexuality, act upong sex before marriage, and are pro choice
    do you think they are hypocrates?

2. smallrinilady

as for me
    i am a christian

homosexuality - i do not like it, but i keep my feelings to myself (keep in mind no one i know in real life read this forum, that i know of . . . ) i keep an happy exterior to those that choose that path in life because i know that my feelings would only be hurtful and nothing else

abortion - i HATE the idea of it, i will tell people i HATE the idea of it, and i personality would never take part in it. BUT i understand that some people will not be able to survive, and more importantly ever me able to give a child a proper enviorment for growing up. . . i dont like it, i will state my opinion if asked, but i will not

sex before marriage - it may be a sin, but i bet most christians have fallen under this, I admit I have. We are human after all. Besides i bet that alot of the christians on this forum have also downloaded music from the music section.

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

as a christian
    NO to abortion even if im not a christian....NO to homosexuality even tho its hot lookin at 2 chick making out... and YES to sex b4 marriage :)

4. smallrinilady

i do have an interesting though about the sex before marriage thing
    i've noticed that a lot more christians are open to this idea now
    especially parents
    i know several of my friend's parents and my own too, who are ok with there children having sex before marriage, even though the family is very christian

my dad's rule was
    "no pregnacy before you graduate from school"
    and now that i have graduated and my dad has experianced his first grandchild from my sister
    two days ago, he told me (he was staying over night at my place)
    "you dont need to come home (and play host to us) go and make a baby (that is how he has always refered to sex to me all my life)"
    i didn't know how to react, although he was joking around, i know he was half serious too, becuase he has been talking to me about becoming a mother a lot lately, but at the same time, i'm only dating

although he said this to me two days ago, he stayed over two nights, and this morning he woke me up to "WAKE UP, REMEMBER TO GO TO CHURCH"
    and he does this to me every weekend he stays over. If he stays over on a friday, on saturday morning he tells me to go back to bed if i wake up to say good morning
    but if it's a sunday, he's always knocking on my door, "wake up, dont forget to go to church"

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

is ur family christian? my parent r buddhist...i don' think they care wt i do...well they can't do anythign about it....we gota experiment..naw means...wat if u marry the person and that person don't want sex..then u're screwed lol

6. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

open minded christian... kinda an oxymoron

7. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    It ain't no oxymoron...

Unless you're those who believe 100% and everything in the bible and whatever the churches teaches you...

But then isn't that for everything... =)

8. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

I'm a non'r -

1. I think they're just exercising what "god gave them" which is free will and they're following a comandment which states, "thou shalt not judge unless ye be judged" or something like that.

2. I think they're human and everyone makes mistakes and that's what prayers are for. har har

3. Not entirely, only the ones that are like, spazzing out about 2 inches from your face about it and then going out and doing the exact opposite. Same goes for the whole homosexuality thing and we all know there are more than a few of em around..

And besides, no homosexual has ever hurt me by simply being a homosexual, ever. So if your mama never taught you to mind your own business I'll teach you. Worry about yourself and your own life. I'm sure homosexuals couldn't care less what a bunch of nosey a'holes think. And right this very moment there are countless homosexuals out there, are you dying from it? Is the world going to end? Are you going to catch it? What is it going to do to you?

A b s o l u t e l y n o t h i n g.

Anyway, just my two yens. Had to get it off my chest.

9. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I am, of course, non christian. I will not think it's hypocripsy to okay with homosexuality, pre-marital sex or pro-choice. It's only hypocriptical if one say/ preach for one thing then do not act according -- it's absolutely honest to act according to what they preach.

And me? I am okay to homosexuality, I support freedom in sexual orientation/diversity; pre-marital sex is totally fine as long as it's consensual (but I guess it's redundant to note that non-consensual sex is NOT OKAY pre-marital or post-marital, it's just NOT OKAY); abortion, on the other hand, depends quite specifically on context -- I frown upon people who just doesn't think before they have sex (safe sex please), but it would definitely be their choice to go through abortion. Of course, any pregnancy due to sexual assaults and other uncanny reasons are entitled to the chioce, which again turns to hands of the mother.

10. smallrinilady

as for the hypocrate issue

i know quite a few people who
    because a bunch of christians feel ~this way~ about an issue
    and see another bunch of christians do the opposite
    come to the conclusion that all chrstians are hypocrates

not knowing that the second group of christians dont have the same views regarding many issues

11. hiake

I wouldn't say the people who do the opposite of what Christians preach is hypocrates, long as they are NOT preaching values that they themselves cannot abide -- the whole sex offender/pedophile priests? THOSE are the hypocrates. Althought I must say I doubt that there is any reference to pedophile being a sin in the Christian scripture (that I know of), but some things are wrong and immoral with or without the religion.

Even though I am not part of any particular religion, I do hold the belief that they (the religious groups) are morally superior (supposedly), at least the individuals who holds titles in a religion (priests, bishops etc) -- so I would say those people are hypocriptical to do anything remotely sinful.

12. hardo azian

hardo azian Well-Known Member

i am a open minded Cristian.

i am not against homosexuality, because you cant do something about it.
    (it's in the genes )

sex before marriage is no problem for me.
    but you have to do it WITH a condom otherwise you'll get a STD.
    (don't listen to the pope!)

Abortion is something you shouldn't do because you are killing a organism in you're body and killing is bad I think...

#12 hardo azian, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  13. smallrinilady

what about killing animals for food
    or killing germs, just because you can

14. hiake

Well, my justification would be it's my survival or theirs (the germs)

Killing animal for food, I commit myself to vegetarian diet 3 days a week? I try to do a full-blown diet change but it didn't work for me :(

15. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

abortion: an absolute no, even if you're raped. because in the end, it's killing a life. i don't exactly know how the procedure works, but if the baby's already developed his/her's nerves, he/she can feel the burning sensation, etc when the chemicals are destroying what of the baby has developed

homosexuality: it's wrong. period. the act is wrong, not the people. google: sy rogers :)

sex before marriage: the media makes sex so that it's something sensual and at times, seems like a dirty kind of act. but it's not supposed to be seen as dirty or anything like that. i believe it's an act of intimacy shared between married couples that kind of seal the marriage bond. there's no solid guarantee that your partner would stay with you without the promise of marriage..

16. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

to hardo azian: sorry to crack you down, but homosexuality is not in the genes & can be combatted & condoms don't really protect you against anything, i'm afraid. might reduce the chances.. not by a lot.. by doesn't shield you completely from anything. there's no such thing as "safe sex". there's only abstinence.

17. chi-bi-rain

chi-bi-rain Active Member

nothing is absolute. therefore, your premises all fail.

18. hiake

Um, the fetus doesn't develope nerves (or brain, or heart) until 4th week. So it's okay to perform abortion before then? The fact that you think a raped person should not have access to abortion terrifies me, you have one so-called life (I don't consider a fetus or an embryo as a life until it comes off from the mother's womb) to ruin another's (the victim aka mother?) life -- bearing a child is harsh on a woman's physical and mental health, specially when it is not a result of a consensual intercourse. With emotional vulnerability, it is highly possible that the bearer will commit suicide due to postpartum depression -- That is destroying a life.

I am not sure about how that work, but I suspect that not all Christians/people with faith maintain their vow of marriage as holy as it ought to be -- when the so-called vow of marriage cannot guarantee your partner won't dessert you, then how do you justify waiting until "after marriage"? Perhaps we should all just abstain from sex absolutely without any exceptions -- marriage is a "promise" that cannot warrant absolute devotion, then it is just a piece of paper and a pointless banquet. It holds no significance in determining when is sex appropriate.

Yes, homosexuality can be combated, with electrocution perhaps? The image of Alex from "Clockwork Orange" comes to mind. The fact that "homosexuality is combated" is a grandeur that only self-righteous fanatics will comprehend -- the rest of the world, the not-so-self-righteous at least, call that inhumanity.

It's a matter of difference in view point, but I would rather think myself as a very distal relative to ape (millions of years ago) than to comprehend myself coming from a rib bone made of clay. At least I don't look like a rib bone anymore.

19. yunski

yunski Well-Known Member

I'm OK with all three.

20. i aint gona bother go deep into it like some people but i will answer say that as a christian I:

do not agree with homosexuality, man - man and female - female. its a sin as the bible says, BUT a person who steals a grape from a store is also committing a sin and in Gods eyes one is no better or worse than the other. the difference with homosexuality is that the person cannot attain forgiveness because they continue to live in that sin and do not abstain from it.

in do not agree with pre-marital sex, you should get married first, i can happily say i follow this, i have had the opportunity many times but honouring Gods commandment is more important to me. not many people follow this today, even people who claim to be Christians. the bible says the sin of pre-marital sex is a sin against the body, you can be forgiven by God but it cannot be taken back. i only know a handful of people who have waited till marriage.

im not sure about the pro-choice part but most people seem to link it to abortion, its murder, so i ain't even gona get into that.

im sure many will disagree with me and that's fine, ive read the comments above.

P.S. A false Christian says the words, a true Christian does the deeds. the bible itself says that when Jesus returns, many people we recognise as Christians will run up to Jesus calling him Lord, and Jesus will tell them to depart from him because they were never his.

REMEMBER. a Christian is a person who tries to live his life like Jesus did, would Jesus accept homosexuality?, would Jesus accept premarital sex?, would Jesus accept abortion?, of course not. if you say yes to any of those then your obviously not a Christian because you do not TRY and live like Jesus did.

Thats my contribution to this post

Cya all