Order system website I created [REVIEW]

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Apr 29, 2012.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Hey guys,

Need you help.. I need only a small number to evaluate my order system that I created for my final year project.

http://students.comp.glam.ac.uk/08034346/sun-moon

To all who cannot order from the website due to living too far. Try these postcode:
    - CF36 5BY
    - CF32 9SH

Just to show you guys how the order works.

Any comments about the system, website.. well anything in general about it.. (design, functions etc etc). Can be bad comments too. :)

And please don't just write: it's good, all function works. lol

Thanks! (Would be great if I can have some back before Tuesday the latest as this is handed in on Wednesday)

2. Just looked at it, i missed a image for sprite and add some more drinks! Maybe also 1l bottles?
    And when you register isnt it useful that there is an additional email confirm box, as many people misstype. why do you want to know when someone is born ? XD
    and after ordering its kind of confusing all the boxes... it did not show any finalizing stage and only say it was saved and the cart is empty o_O

3. SUSIE-DANG-1988

LOL! With the images and products I only added a few just to show that I can do this... and I really don't have time to add more products.. :p haha. after all, it is to show what I am capable of doing. But I will add that on my self evaluation. :p
    yep! stages right.. okay!
    lol, ermm... you find it confusing with the order.. well there is a text "Select Order Information:" so you just select which one you want to choose... ? same for the payment method wor... then you just checkout.. lol. ?? But can you explain more why it was confusing please.

anymore evaluation you would like to add? design, function and that.. ... because I am just going to copy and paste what you wrote and add it on my "evaluation undertaken" heading. :p

But I see you ordered just fine... paid by cash and chose to pick up the order and order a set meal for 2 people. :p

4. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Took a glance and this is what I noticed so far that could be improved..

For the dinners "For Two" & "For Three", I see the food listed but maybe you add a mouse over Picture Popup for each dish, customers like to see pictures of what they are ordering conveniently. An ingredient description would be nice.

For your categories - CHOW MEIN, FRIED RICE, CURRY, etc - it is preferable if you can put it in a list format instead of having to click each category to see pictures. I think it would be more convenient if you list all the dishes you have for each category on a single page. The dishes should have a clickable link to a picture if customers are interested in ordering a particular one.

General info of what each dish is made of would be nice too. E.g. Chicken, Curry, Rice, Eggs, Shrimp, Peanuts etc because people who have allergies would be afraid to order if they didn't know what they were ordering exactly.

hope that helps :)

5. SUSIE-DANG-1988

hahaha! ^ thanks b-lee! for your well explanation.

btw - I won't be making any changes to the website now as I have no time.
    I am in the middle of writing my report for this system and has to be in on Wednesday.
    But all these feedback, comments will all be added on my evaluation section on my report.

So please keep them coming in. :D

6. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Okay...so I'm a critic when it comes to online shopping, and tbh when I look at it, I just went "okay this looks sketchy....scam!"

Your location image from google maps could use a change like remove the half-cut white text block out because it looks unprofessional to just cut and paste an image. Keep it clean but also leave the drop pin there.

It could be a coding issue but everytime I try to scroll down the front page, I can't get past the map image without some temp. freezing of the screen. Like it just won't scroll down. And yeah the images could look more presentable rather than taken off of a "faan hup/ faan dull"

Should leave the shopping cart image along with the options bar at the top, or give the icon a title ie. Shopping Cart or something.

The store hours, since you write Sunday to Thursday....people would think it includes Wednesdays even though you wrote that at the bottom. Sometimes the viewer just takes a quick glance and forgets to realize you're closed on wed. So add in (except on Wednesdays).

I have a project to work on.....so I'm just being picky and not really thoroughly analyzing the site......sorz

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Cant see opening time because theres a picture of a clock covering it.

[​IMG]

Using FF on win7

8. SUSIE-DANG-1988

haha, no probs Hartia! :)

@evo = yeah, that's prob due to the screen resolution. lol. As the clock showing on my screen is in the right side.
    Nothing wrong with using any browser.

So that's more to my evaluation section for my report then. :)

Anymore?? Have until..... Tuesday! :D