PA Members who don't post and only download

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by hkm91450, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

we have a good core that post regularly that can strike up a convo..

2. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

Definitely! And I KNOW more people download than they thank. So it's like .. does it take that long to press a button? PSH, these people are just plain selfish! -angry

3. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

yes.. there are alot of those people.. especially in the on the first beat download section..
    they just keep asking episode after episode..
    i saw someone even discuss about the series in the download section.. -censored

it really annoys me..!!

4. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Hehe. I can't believe this thread is still up and active! Hello everyone!
    I was 'absent' from PA for a while because of full-time school and work. But now I'm back, and grr.... one year later, I'm still ANNOYED at these people who freeload and who then go around posting threads asking how come they can't see the links for the downloads!

5. thatboymikey

thatboymikey Well-Known Member

ergs... there were still people that kept spammin after the warnings on teh on the first beat forum. I know i am not one to talk.... given that i don't have many posts, but it is really annoying. maybe you could restrict teh posts on teh download forum to only those who upload.... but then again i could see a problem with doing that as welll....

6. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Don't even get me started on those unappreciative -censored noobs.

I saw a request the other day for this movie I happened to have uploaded.
    So, being the kind samaritan, I posted the link for him/her.

And guess what, he/she replied in the movie link and said, "Why did you upload into 4 files? Why can't you upload to two or one file?"

LMAO, if I could have done so (the movie was 2 CDs, and I had to split 1 Cd into 2 files for Megaupload) I would have done it. I am not a dumbass to purposely upload them into 4 files to make more work for myself.
    <_<

7. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

^sense some evil here, if this keeps up, I have a feeling buttercups gonna start limiting some ultra post to see the links XD.

8. thatboymikey

thatboymikey Well-Known Member

erm people are unappreciative and that is jsut a matter of fact. Common courtesy tells a person to thank someone when they give you something, but people are sometimes lacking in that department. i mean if you have nothing good to say keep you mouth shut. As the old adage says "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

There was this one time i was volunteering for an event the local fire and police department held to get people to wear proctection when skate boarding and biking. There were free stuff and i was in charge of handing out water and some food. This fat tub o lard comes over to the booth and asks for ten bottles of water and popcorn outright...and of course i said no because i was todl before hand to only give a bottle per person. she got on my case and called me a bunch of names. She called me unreasonable when i tried to calmly explain to her that i couldn't give her so many things. This was a full grown women and yet she was acting like an immature child. For the first time i actually wanted to slap someone... but i digress

I guess what i am trying to say is that there are all kinds of people there is no point in trying to get them to change. To try is only going to get you pissed off and stressed even more

9. hkm91450

^ Well we're not really asking for a change. But the point of a forum is for DISCUSSION and the little goodies such as free downloads of music and movies and TV shows is added bonus~

So first and foremost, participate in discussions, and then download.

10. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

i know wot u mean... but we appreciate u....
    -clapclap THANK U to all of those who uploaded free stuff for everyone on PA.. -bigclap
    salute to u all
    ^^

lol... i guess it takes too much time to read.. then post.. then read.. then post.. ehhehe
    >.<

11. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

It only takes too much time if you struggle with words with more then three letters...otherwise I don't think it takes that much time.

12. hkm91450

Agree! And anyways, we don't expect you to go back 100 posts in one thread, just look at either the recent ones or the initial ones. Most posts are at most two sentences because the topics are just simple topics.......

13. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

haha.. sensing some heat here. I used to have similar sentiments.. but now tat im too busy to upload stuff.. the feeling has resided.. guess its jus a certain form of expectations that uploader hav on those who download their uploaded stuff..

jus know tat there ARE still others who really do appreciate the efforts! A million thanks to all uploaders who help sustain the download section! And do keep up the great effort!

14. gyyr2

gyyr2 Well-Known Member

it's a matter of choice for posters. As some of you have said, some only psot the minimum to qualify for downloads. You call them leechers. What is worse, if that most bananas are so insistent that they ask for the next post even before those good people have time to post for them to download.
    The Moderators have time and time again cautioned that they be more patient but they are still impatient. Thisi state of affairs cannot change as some individuals are like that. I like the PA board and the service it contributes to us that live overseas- an opportunity to keep in touch with our culture and all that is Chinese.

15. edmundteh

edmundteh Well-Known Member

everybody have their limits....even the mods....(if they step-in means they are darn PIST)

after constant reminders...certain ppl still does it...spamming...requesting for dl...
    they just dont have the patience to wait....

ya...OTFB...gosh...it getting outrageously out of hand....and they dont read every single post..they dont understand the concept of uploading...and they dont even know the airing time of the series.

but at time when a request is nice...i will usually re-up even if its a slightly old thread.

16. thomaslau14

thomaslau14 Member

haha...i admit...i used to be one of those who only d/l and not contribute=P (yeah hate me ^.^ prolly deserve it) One time i was looking at a link, i saw those minimum post 10 so i kinda spammed that too=P but i was looking over the topics and i found that they're actually pretty interesting. I'd figure a lotta people in random forums weren't that friendly so I didn't even bother reading the posts but now i actually spent some time reading the posts, I figure i should contribute my share too. PA's a friendly environment and I apologize for not realizing this sooner. Now that I have a job, I can have lots of time pretending to be working while i'm on PA^^=) thx a lot guys...you guys made me see a lot more...

17. hkm91450

Couldn't agree more. -lol
    The mods have made PA the forum it is. I'll admit .. I used to have memberships at some other Asian forums, but realized they weren't as well maintained (organization, layout, look, etc.) as PA. So kudos to the mods, and hopefully all those leechers will come to realization of that.

18. chheng

chheng New Member

lol i dun post anything =D just some music mp3 since the movies are too long for me to do. n yes -_-' i used to spam in the forum....but not nemore HAHAHAHAHA

19. AbZoNyX

AbZoNyX Well-Known Member

Lol. I am of one who don't post, I am who uploads ddls and downloads from ddls and torrents. Bow to me! Lol.

20. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

<_< Bow to you?!

I am one who post, and upload DDLs, and download from DDLs AND torrents.

So you bow to ME... -tongue2