[Pics] Kung Fu Master Wong Fei Hung 黃飛鴻

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jul 28, 2006.

1. this is the famous Kung Fu master Wong Fei Hung (黃飛鴻) played by Jet Li in many movies... his martial arts school was burnt to ashes during a protest in the late Ching Dynasty and he passed away not long after the fire... so this is the only picture left of him...

[​IMG]

he was married 3 or 4 times... but he was not an unfaithful man... he always got married years after his previous wife passed away...

this is his last wife Mok Kwai Lan (莫桂蘭)... she was a student of his... i think she was only 19 when they got married...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

how old was fei hung when she was 19? o_O must be alot older than her.. >.< err.. i thought this guy was just some made-up character by the entertainment world.. never though it was real but thanks for posting this information up ^^.
    oOo and even men back in the old days were UNFAITHFUL *aherm* *cough* XD

3. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

Wow, his ears are huge!

4. whoaitselaine

lmao i just noticed that. :D
    good observation taichimasta xD

5. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

He looks like a monk. :p

But I still love Wong Fei Hung movies, nonetheless. :D

6. whoaitselaine

theyre sorta boring sometimes >.< too much fighting and they just kung fu each others' butts xD

7. he was in his late 40s when he married her i think... he thought about it for a long time before he finally decided to marry her coz all his wives died and he thought he was cursed... he only had one wife at a time even that back in those days men were allowed to have multiple wives...

8. whoaitselaine

yeah i know whats the world......."polygamy" i think?
    hmm...what a coincidence all his wives died? O.O scary

9. peachey

Yes, polygomy is the term.

But poor guy :( it's no wonder he is so well respected... other than the fact that he has amazing martial arts skills.

10. whoaitselaine

have you ever heard the theme? lol i like the theme. i used to play it on my little keyboard when i was young XD

11. peachey

Yeah, I know how to play it on the paino also. :p

Gosh, we are such typical Asians! lol

12. whoaitselaine

haha yeah alot of asians play piano. ^^. i wanna learn to play guitar too..but cant find any lessons around here.. i dont play piano anymore haha..lost interest>.<

13. not all... his last wife lived till old... i think she died in her late 70s... can't remember... it's been a long time since i read abt his life...

not only his wives died... i think 2 of his sons died when they were early...

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

he look a lil fat...how come u look for these old pics dawn?? its scary..black and white...and those empress pics

15. peachey

Not as scary as the picture in your avatar. And the many before that... :D

16. so very true *hi5*

when i become interested in some historical ppl i like to find out more about them n i do research n end up with theses pics...

i like to c how things really look like and these pics r as close as i can get to the real thing...

17. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ y don't u b a historian or soemthing

18. i hate studying... :p besides... i'm not interested in war history and the politics behind it

19. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

wow is that what wong fei hung looks like? thanks for posting it up..

20. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

the legend himself ;)