PopularAsians - Well.. i hate it. I will never go back there

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by mytlcs, May 5, 2016.

1. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

PA > DA.

Just the same.

2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Two years later I still don't know why you guys split

• I was wondering about that too I was wondering about that too x 1
  3. different opinion, objectives, vision makes collaboration so diffucult. i love DA environment, straight forward nothing to hide.

good work DA

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

2 years...wow...still feels like just yesterday when all that happened...

5. Fa la

Fa la Active Member

just join Dramasian, so far it is good, i was approved to visit download section within few weeks time. Like it. this mean the staff / leaders here are monitoring this site activity very closely, love it.

Thanks, Dramasian

• Win! Win! x 1
  6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Well, I just peeked in on the old site, just out of curiosity. At any rate, it's dead. There hasn't been anything new there for the longest and it looks like it's going to stay that way...

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Glad to have you here still :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

I just checked out popularasian website out of curiosity and there seems to be no update nor download section anymore. Hmmm I believe it's dead

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

PA owns DA. PA is the true original.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ralphrepo

Just looked in on the old PA. It now seems to be a Korean-centric site, focusing on K-pop star articles translated from other Korean language sites.

#30 ralphrepo, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Interesting, who runs that site? I forgot who it was...but it was mentioned before.

12. ralphrepo

I remember it was some guy who went by 'Haduken' or something like that. The new site's 'about' page, copyrighted 2020, now describes it as someone named 'Chingu.' So I guess the old PA is really gone. This new PA doesn't seem to have anything to do with the old one.

#32 ralphrepo, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    • I was wondering about that too I was wondering about that too x 1
  13. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

disappointing but not surprised

14. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

Espresso is probably the new owner? lol

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Gotta thank b-lee and shino for keeping this forum running

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  16. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

17. Hadouken2

Hadouken2 Member

actually this is ANG "Hadouken" ... i was struggling to pay for the site as i was unemployed at the time and the site was costing me more than what it was making and i've been paying it off for years not making a penny out of it... during that time i put my whole trust into B-LEE and gave him full access to the site and asked him to help me run it and pay for some of it it because i had just lost my job and thought i could rely on him to help me pay and keep the site up....(my biggest mistake was giving him full access to the servers)

#1.... i was running the site out of my own pocket and had asked him to help me pay for the site (which i would palike so many + years after i was paying it for myself...) as i was looking for a job... it was always non profit and free in my eyes

#2 he started making private servers on which he could charge people and was receiving money from people downloading off the site.. how much did make? how much money did he make?? i would guess $xxxx + as i never asked and i let it be .. i'm guessing he's banking in a-lot of money in order for him to do what he did to me...

#3 I awoken one day to see the site redirected to www.dramasian.com without my knowledge and consent... WTF??? he straight up stole the site and during that time i was ashamed to report it because it ran torrents which was illegal.. and i owed him $350 because i couldn't pay for 2 months of the site while looking for a job..

#4. I owed him $350 because i was struggling to pay for the server and that was enough to cover 2 months rent for the server... i was ashamed i couldn't afford to pay for the server when he straight up stole the site i couldn't say much and i wanted to report it to the police but because of the nature of the site i couldn't...

#5.. yea thats pretty much what happened until now.. i was ashamed to report it because i owed him $350 ... nothing more ... he straight up hi-jacked the site and stole it from me and started acting like a victim.. there was never any "disagreement" nor did i ever talk to him about anything.. i woke up one day trusting him and he straight up duplicated and stole the site from me...

#6 i'm able to admit it now.... i owed him $350 during that time and he used it as an excuse to straight up steal the site from me.. i was always thinking about going to the police about it and he may lie and tell you something else but thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth and i will swear upon my family and everyone i know upon it.. i'm only saying this because he wants to set me up like im a bad guy.. good night

18. Hadouken2

Hadouken2 Member

#7 he did what he did because he thought i was making $xxxx and wanted it all for himself.. there's nothing i could think about this that would change my mind.. Just get ready for all the lies and excuses of ummm.. *ahem* how he accidentally stole the site under my consent.. or how much he deserved it considering i paid for the first 9-10 years of the site out of my own pockets.

19. Hadouken2

Hadouken2 Member

i've been with you since IC28 which was my inspiration to start PA

20. ralphrepo

Wow... I remember IC28, from way, way back... Sad outcome for both of you guys to have to come to such a breakup. I wish both of you well.