Post images of Food!

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by xiaojia, Sep 28, 2007.

1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i had that a few days ago.. now i can butcher it's viet name, thx lol

2. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

im so jealous :(

i only know one good vn restaurant in NL...which is like 1.5 hours away from me :(
    i should have vn food for dinner tonight...just for the sake of it

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^nuoc mam (fish sauce) equal bad breathe though lol, but not many viet food tastes good without it and trust me if you have the same thing over and over it'll get boring rather it be a crave and once you get it, that's gonna be good.

@fearless If you pronounce it like the english pronunciation of "bun" that would be funny lol, it's actually buon though...

4. MissCheekS

Omg.....thats the sauce...ive tried to make it similar as the one my ex bf's mother makes it....but i kinda suck at it....so i always end up eating the spring rolls with bad sauce hahaha

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

spring rolls should be dipped in a hoisin sauce/fish sauce mixture with peanuts though, that's how it's done for me lol

Hoisin sauce-->[​IMG] note: I don't think this one is best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MissCheekS

*drool*

hey theres another dish i used to love....
    its also white...with minced meat inside...and the cold vn sausage& bean sprouts on top...whats that called?

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

8. MissCheekS

oh shit...yea....i think it is....!!! yummieee
    is it hard to make?
    oh probably u dont know either hahaha
    I should try and make it some time....im sure my parents and sis wont mind being my guinea pig
    I love that dish!
    [​IMG]

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

10. MissCheekS

Lol....where u live yeah...where i live....vn food is not popular..
    like i said...i gotta travel 1,5 hours for vn food...so....they dont sell the wraps here:(
    i think my mother knows how tomake the wraps though...its quite similar to the bbq pork wraps/pancakes u can order when u got yum cha/dimsum

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol i know how to make spring rolls though, they are easy and i use to know how to wrap wonton, eggrolls and shit like that but i try now, they don't even look like them...

awww too bad angie, maybe if your next trip was to vietnam or something you'll be able to enjoy good vietnamese food everyday lol...cause according to my parents, the vn food in cali is not "pure"

12. MissCheekS

Lol....i know that too!!
    fried nd cold ones :p u name it
    spring rolls r easy...just the sauce is a pain....

Hmmm...not sure if i'll ever go to VN...id only go there to eat lol...

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ I think there are some interesting sight and sounds there too lol, i'm viet/chinese and i never been to china or vietnam :(

And the spring roll sauce, just mix nuoc mam, hoisin sauce, a little bit of chili sauce and grind peanuts...i think i could do it hehe...And oh yea i don't like fried wontons, it's not right...

14. MissCheekS

I dont know....i think its better to go with someone who can speak vn....
    but i guess i'd survive a few days....so just...hop off plane....stay a few days and go to s'pore or somewhere else

i dont like the peanut sauce with it...:p

15. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ if i go there i will just nod my head lol cause i only understand vietnamese partially and cuss...

and the there's just something "missing" if the sauce doesn't have peanuts, it's not the same...well that's for me hehe... my mom puts garlic instead of peanuts in the sauce when she makes it *ugghhhh* nasty

16. MissCheekS

ye i like it with garlic too...
    btw...i gotta say u ppl make good dessert too...hahaha
    but superrrr fattening !!!

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

"u ppl" what!!!! I'm chinese too that's that's....speechless jk jk jk

and desert, almost every viet dessert have like coconut milk or beans:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

snacks:
    [​IMG]

18. MissCheekS

hahahahaha.....ok solly....
    that looks VERY good....i had some of that the last time i went to a suburb which is "ruled" by vn ppl
    ppl tell me not to go there alone and leave before dark hahahaha

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

cause the viet boyz gonna murder ya ass or the people gonna mug you haha (okay let's not stereotype my own people here).

and yea i have the rice cake all the time lol seriously getting sick of that, i still like the drinks though but not too much beans for me please...but more jelly stuff...

20. MissCheekS

haahhaha...ok dont get mad..but my family here....they told me...
    lots of em...who live in that suburb carry guns and that they are drugs dealers =/

i dont like the beans either...=/