Praying?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by negiqboyz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I'm a Catholic too, and I know have had lucky oppourtunties where friends have shared their stories of where praying actually helped someone make a full recovery. I guess its stories like these that awes you at the true power of prayer. It's quite weird that many people pray for help, but very few pray for thanks for what we have. Perhaps its a reflection of the world we live in now. Prayer is a away of communicating with God and I think if you have problems, by praying you kind of have a way of talking to someone whom you can trust for guidance. I don't know how to really explain it; prayer for me is just one of those things I find hard to describe.

2. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

Hmm, Im Christian and although I don't go to Church, I pray every night before I sleep. To me, praying is thanking God for all that he's given me and well communicating with him. Of course I tell him all my problems and I do "hope" he helps me, but praying gives you hope and sometimes courage ^_^. so yeah..

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

If the only time you pray is when you need something, is that still a legitimate prayer?

4. maybe that is relative to who your actually praying to and what you actually believe.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

praying only works if you are religious and believe in God. Praying/confessing is good because it helps release your anger and makes you a better person. Facts are proven that dedicated christians/catholics are happier people because they pray and actually believe. It's all about faith. Personally i believe in praying and that it takes time to see some success. You can't just go to God whenever you want when something bad has happened to you and hope God will fix it. Some things are meant to be and some things can never be changed. You also have to be resonable on your prayers. Even though i don't pray or go to church anymore because it was a personal decision to take a break.

Damn..seems like time to go back to church and confesss

6. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

^ confess? you can do it here .. lol

7. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

totally agree with kdotc here..

in the Bible (GNB version :p) it actually states
    "Even before they finish praying to me, I will answer their prayers."
    Isaiah 64:25

He knows what we will ask already before we even ask it :p

prayer is amazing! Well I think it is haha...and I also respect what others think...
    I have heard and seen many miracles through prayer and I believe prayer works. It's a matter of faith really and like..what's being asked...
    yeh you can't just ask for anything xD...
    can only hope and trust in God?? and whatever He plans for us, we just have to learn to accept i guess? All in the trust section...and whether the prayer is answered or not, we should trust that He has better plans/things for us in the future...

That's what I believe :p

8. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

here's a real story .. my cousin who was dumped by gal after gal .. finally followed a coworker to a fellowship one night .. pray to have a family. guess what, he met a gal there (Catholic), knocked her up, and gonna walk down the aisle next week. i guess God answered his prayer .. did I mention she was CATHOLIC? i thought they don't believe in sex before marriage .. hmmm.. and yeah ... one more thing, my cousin and his family are devoted Buddhists .. interesting?

9. Praying only works when a persons mind perceives it to work, what praying really does is give a person hope and when a person has hope its a fact that they will usually recover better from a death bed vs a person who hadn't so keep it up whatever u are praying for :wiggle:

there's no arguing against faith even if all your logic goes against it.l

10. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o[/yt]

11. top

top Active Member

I don't pray..I believe that's too religious..

12. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Church is a good hook up place for good girls.. but less rare to have pretty girls... I say 1 in 10 =)
    I love my church community :wavey: