PSP Brick

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by weiyuezz, Oct 19, 2007.

1. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yep sony took back all the old batteries, so people couldnt pandora them.... I wanted to get one in HK, but no shop had any at all...

2. doubleblanks

doubleblanks Well-Known Member

so you cant pandora them manually cos of the "patch", but can you still use a cfw psp to turn one into it?

3. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

ok.. your just confusing me or you just dont get the point, to run cfw, you need a psp at is either 1.5 or some other fw to make it cfw. buying a new psp wont get you a cfw.

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

u can make any psp under fw3.5 run cfw... i'm pretty sure u can still find nonslim psps that are still under fw3.5... and i'm pretty sure the chances of u bricking another psp is less than u destroying another battery...

5. runtohell121

lol.. downgrading 3.5 or lower.. you need lumies.. which i dont think you can find in stores. and im not wasting anymore money on another psp, i already have 2.

6. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

so u bricked 2? -.-;

or did u just find soddering more fun than downgrading?

u can find lumines easily on ebay or any used game stores... and lumines is a great game anyways, so its not a waste of money to pick one up... it's still cheaper to buy a copy of lumines to pandora a battery than burning more batteries via soddering... but if u insist on trying to sodder the batteries than that's up to u -whistle

7. runtohell121

lol both of my psp is above 3.5, one of them is 3.6(slim) and my phat i accidently upgraded from 2.71 to 371 lmao..

8. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol... then just wait for the new downgraders... :D

9. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

i though u cant download games anymore for psp though

well i have touch me my psp for ages now lol

so someone hacked the psp? n worked around the system so u can download games again?

10. runtohell121

theres a program and battery called "Pandora" which allows you to downgrade 3.72 as far as i know or below. so yea, you can hack your psp, brick it, the restore it again.

11. runtohell121

Hell yea!!!!!! my broken battery is working!!!!

12. runtohell121

heres my psp
    Fat:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Slim:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i just cant figure out how to play download games yet :(

and heres the video showing you my battery and memory card:D same battery as i broke.. somehow it worked now.. no clue why
    [youtube]-vZ0S6Keyrc[/youtube]
    you can hear lee hacken song in background really soft:D didnt meant to do that but o wel.. had my mp3 player on while recording..
    this is recording by my Panasonic DMC-FX3.. so yea not such a good quality tbh.. yay im happy now:) lol

13. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

nicely done,

what did you actually break on the battery anyways? a resistor?

14. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

on the ms_root create a iso folder and put the iso games of you choice!

congrats and welcome to the homebrew scene!

ps: you can play gba,nes,snes,sega, roms now with you psp !

15. runtohell121

no clue where to get the emu for those and no clue where to download new psp games.. i dont use torrents though.

16. runtohell121

i have no clue wat was it i broke.. its on a picture on page 3 i think.. its a little yellow thing.. no clue what it is.. but dont know why my battery still works without it..

17. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

and psone games too!

torrents is the easy way, there is some ddl but mostly is with rapidshare links.

18. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Wow, i didnt expect this page would still be runing.

What about PS 2 games? Dreamcaste? I really need those the most.

19. runtohell121

any clue where you can download psp game ddl though?

20. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

this is a picture of how my magic memory stick looks, it have pandora and despertar and i am using it like a normal memory for my games, musics and pictures and of course de pandora battery too !!
    [​IMG]

ps: star making you own psp games backup (iso)

first push the select button and it have to bring the vhs menu
    [​IMG]

go to usb device: memory stick and switch it to umd disc and exit the vhs menu
    [​IMG]

connect the usb cable and star the usb connection now you have to see a folder with an iso file like this one (i used my sampler disc)
    [​IMG]

the last step is to copy the file to your computer and rename it with the game name.