PSP or NDS lite?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by jojo1989, Oct 6, 2006.

1. daveleung685

daveleung685 Member

Psp is good for movies, emulation, psp backups, and psx games, i would have to say there is more to do with a psp but ds has very fun games, they are very innovative and completely different from all the psp due to the stylus control. So if you need to decide, better games or better media.

2. 00hoangc

00hoangc Active Member

i have a psp atm...but i soooo want an NDS >< has all the game i want lol...but i shall stick with the psp untill a real good DS game comes that i just have to get xD

3. martinj

martinj Guest

And you can play copies on ds and listen to mp3s on it as well...check out www.maxconsole.com ...I am thinking of getting a psp for pes6,virtua tennis 3,lumines 2....

dont have a portable one now

4. itzd0pey

itzd0pey Well-Known Member

psp. wifi ftw.

5. monkeykenny

monkeykenny Member

it's very simple.... ds has better games.... while psp has more mature and not as fun.... my opinion

6. aznwu123

aznwu123 Member

i'd say psp atm cause i just got a one for christmas w/ fw1.5 and it can play games, watch videos on a great lcd and connect to a ps3 ^^. A DS is pretty fun
    with all those games , although psp is gonna have lots of new releases soon.

7. mehfew

mehfew Member

I got both the PSP and DS. My PSP is collecting dust. The DS just has a larger range of games...

8. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hell, just get both.

9. impulse83

impulse83 Member

If you like RPGs then go PSP. Otherwise go DS.

10. lee337x

lee337x Member

PSP is the shit... now you can hack it and play Playstion Games..

11. Linkeru

Linkeru Member

DS has much more games. Get a DS. FFXIIRW and DQ won't dissapoint you.

12. Linkeru

Linkeru Member

What? DS has much more RPGs then the PSP. It even has the big name titles. FF, DQ and Atlus.

13. jack93

jack93 Member

both of them are good if you have good games

14. Onehmongboi

Onehmongboi Member

both...they got their own pros and cons

15. tawthalin

tawthalin Member

Of course PSP..it is very nice..especially when I play Buring out..it is amazing.

16. I have both but I perfer the psp. ndsl games tend to be for a younger audience

17. yunski

yunski Well-Known Member

My kids both prefer the DS but if you're in your teens I think the PSP is the way to go.

18. allday247

allday247 Member

i've had a PSP and a NDS at the same time but sold the PSP as it was gathering dust as the games were not appealing to me, especially as there was no originality at the time. I even cracked the PSP and could play ISO's but that just highlighted the dearth of crap games and ports available at the time.
    The DS is in a whole different league though. After showing Ouendan to the family they all bought a DS and a copy of Ouendan each! thats 4 in my house atm and cant be bothered to include other relatives. Yes there are ports on the DS but its the original games and ease of accessibility that generates interest in a typical non-gamer. The Download play and Wifi play are bonuses too.

DS ftw in my opinion. Still love it, especially when you have an R4 flash cart ;)

19. allday247

allday247 Member

oh btw i'm 28 and still prefer the DS and no one in my house is under 20 years old. make of that what you will but age has no difference on what one prefers.

i dont need a PSP as a status symbol or toy to be in the 'it' crowd. i just love games and the DS is the format that provides it in abundance.

20. bryho87

bryho87 Member

DS lite can also go onto the internet but u need to buy a card to connect to a wireless hotspot.With a DS lite, if ur frends have a DS as well, u can play wireless with them with only one game card *only sum games can do this* but i suppose all consoles are the same,there will be a never ending debate and new ones will get released soon.my bruda's got a psp but he never uses it,i play my DS couple times a week as iv only bought it recently