Purpose of Life?!?!

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by brown_bear, May 12, 2008.

1. BreathingLifeX

BreathingLifeX Well-Known Member

Party every night till death lol. :jump:
    Nah, just be happy.

2. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

parents are selfish, they want us to be born because when they get older, there are "us" to take care of them

3. loco

loco Member

Maybe your the one being selfish? It isn't cheap raising up a kid until they are 16-20 until they are independent to do their own thing. I don't know about you, but I feel it's like an unwritten rule to take care of those who love you, especially the parents. Don't take things for granted in life... it'll cloud you with wrong judgement.

But on a lighter note, the purpose of life varies with the person (as mentioned by other people already). But one of the definitions I liked was, 'the purpose of life is, to not think about the purpose of life'. Haha... so true. Just go with the flow and do as you wish that makes you and the loved ones around you, happy -inlove

4. BestOffer

the hong kong saying, raising a kid is $4 million ... LOL
    but if they aren't selfish, they would they want to give life to me in the first place?
    why would certain culture will be treating their "son" better than the daughter?
    even ppl say as long as you have kids, they are happy but u see the previous generation (grandparents) will treat the male better...dun dun dun, who is selfish now?

side note, i think i will be selfish and have no kids, that money (as you mentioned) will go into my photography and gadgets, muhahhahaa

5. is the amount of times you been thanked bugged or something cus that is an insane number

6. BestOffer

yes i have been thanked, i got 21,126 thanks in just one year after registered
    thats roughly 20.96109839816934 thanks per post i have created (but mainly threads)

7. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

One of the main purpose of life is to reproduce, right !!

reproduce -> many variables

8. loco

loco Member

Well your first arguement was related to children giving the responsibility of taking care of their parents in the future, which you gave a negative view upon. Your reply to my response is different to that, where now you bring up a new arguement about how some 'cultures' treat their children differently depending on their sex.

You say certain cultures will treat their son better than their daughter, but I know some cultures who are opposite to that or even just equal. So your arguement does not really justify why parents are selfish. Yes, some cultures tend to treat children differently, but at the end of the day, they provide you shelter, warmth, food, shower, etc.

I mean, if you are a kid, ask some questions to yourself like; who is paying for the bills, the computer your on, your clothes? Don't ask questions like; why haven't I got the new barbie play set? Or why can't I get the new game for a PS3 or something. Those are not the neccesities in life, they are just entertainment.

Nevertheless, I respect your own opinion. Although I still feel it's wrong, everyone is entitled to their own saying. I just wanted to make sure you can justify your accusations as it's easy to say something and not back it up -innocent

9. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

purpose of life for me :
    living to serve God and help people :)
    because I want to~

#89 tiffystars, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  10. samchen

samchen Well-Known Member

Just live it, No need to think about it.
    Live life without things holding you back. ( basically the less the better)

11. BestOffer

so as in to kill time basically

12. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

haha i kinda do agree with the whole selfish issue from the parents...
    my dad ALWAYS goes on about me giving him back the $4mill and the reason why my parents wants me and my sister to have a career so that we earn a bomb and look after them!!

13. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

being born, get into trouble as a kid, get into more trouble as a teen, drink and drive when ur in the early 20s, get a wife and have children, grow old and ur children forgotten u, then disappear.

14. gomi

gomi Member

there is no purpose. just live and enjoy

15. Zenom

Zenom Active Member

Its harsh but the purpose is probably .....

Acquire as many expensive toys as you can
    Show them of to people who don't have said toys
    And sleep with as many beautiful women as possible

And if possible build a robot suit and call yourself iron man for kicks

There thats the purpose of life!

16. i laugh at thee

go fail at life

17. reminds me of words of will smith

“Too many people are spending money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”

18. g9news

g9news Well-Known Member

Be happy and contribute to the society as much as you can.

19. Rain

Rain Well-Known Member

Kick ass and chew bubble gum :D

20. ribbit80l

ribbit80l Member

purpose of life

live happy.,,,grow old....have healthy happy kids....enjoy life