Question on religion (mainly Christianity)

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by 無得頂, Jun 20, 2007.

1. apollon

apollon Well-Known Member

interesting. where did you get that image of heaven? how do you know heaven is going to be that way? not to be mean, but even the majority of the Christians don't know what heaven is going to be like but we assume that is place without sin, suffering, illness, pain. and heaven is some form of paradise. i know it is vague, but heaven is suppose to be a place of connection with God. so, let your imagination soar. but don't let it control your belief.

ok. well, Jesus Christ came to world to actually eliminate all sins, not just reduce it but forever defeat it. now, the question is why isn't it being demonstrated within the world? interesting question. well, for the believers, they are being changed for the better. i rarely hear newly-founded Christian to state, "after i believe in Jesus Christ, i feel like sinning more" or "even i feel like my sins are okay and i don't need to repent" (expect for homosexuality, but i won't get into that) In a macro-scopic scale, yes the world isn't changing that much since the arrival of Jesus Christ. however, Christianity isn't the majority religion of the world. so, that claim doesn't fit well into that picture. Also, i want to point out. That Jesus Christ was more concern for our eternal life than our "present" life. yes, our lives now are important, but our eternal lives are much more important to God. Since now we may be separate from God for years at most. but when we die, it is eternity. and that is far longer than our "present" lives dictated. so, when Jesus Christ "cleanse" us of our sins, it is for the eternal life, the life after death.

a bit prideful now, aren't we? so, you expect that everything you say should have a signifance impact on me?

well, that wouldn't be appropiate. so, i just can't let it be. just like when master_g "misquoted" you on Buddhism and you wouldn't let it go. in a sense, taxloss would be misinterpreting what is to be perfect and sinless before God. and if she presume that to her death without warning from her fellow Christians - it wouldn't be rite to let her think that way.

for example, like a mathematical problem. you and friend goes to class and the teacher teaches to solve that mathematical problem in a precise methodolgy. now, your friend goes and found a new way to solve the problem. you think, "great!! my friend is a genius" and etc. however, when you show this method to the teacher, he/she tells you that it isn't correct and there are exceptions to that methodolgy. would it be your place to "warn" your friend of this problem or should you let him/her to continue that way of thinking? (of course, basing this analogy to the current theme would be that taxloss believes in a Christian heaven and God.)

so, let me get this straight. you want the Christians to not talk about Hell, especially about non-Christian going to Hell. but, yet you want us to freely express your religion and our religious beliefs? -huh

I'm not playing God. i do not judge nor do i condemn. i believe to the best of my knowledge that I have not once made the statement in any direction towards any member on this forum the claim that specifically acknowledge that individual is going to hell. however, b/c this type of topic did arise and there was a needed answer on my behalf or master_g's behalf, we answered it. if it did offend anyone, i am sorry. but if you are really curious about the subject of Christianity, the aspect of Hell concerning non-Christians and Christian will arises.

i don't think it is an evasive of reponsibility. i do remember you stating that you believe that it is human nature to be sinful. so, in a sense, we do commit sin much more than goodness. however, that doesn't mean that the goodness we do in our lives are not done by us. God actually favors the goodness that we do do as righteous and He smiles upon that. He is happy towards us. If goodness is only directed by God, then God would have no reason to be happy with us; for it would be logical to think that since we do not possess any goodness and God grants us goodness then if He is happy about that, He is merely happy about Himself. Which is contradicting and very odd. God is a holy God, and a righteous one. He cannot do wrong. therefore it would be incorrect to assume that God is sinful and makes mistakes.

well, from your first statement of your second paragraph, it wouldn't be a righteous thing to do, now would it? To commit a "sin" in the name of God. A God who cannot sin. If it is a sin then it needs to be acknowledged and repented upon. but to my knowledge, in the holy war or even for individual like Hilter (that thought he was helping christianity) there is no repentance for thier sins in that manner, since they believe that their "sinful" are justified. That is a problem which will be between them and God on the day of judgement.

2. hmm. i dont know. any Christian? ADOLF HITLER FOR ONE THING <_<

hmm. how about another? THE HOLY WARS AND THE CRUSADES IN THE MIDDLE AGES?!

hmm. WHAT ABOUT CHRISTIAN CENTRAL?! ISRAEL?! its being bombarded with battles everywhere today.

i can name more if you like.

3. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

No wait hold on, am I missing something here? You compared taxloss to Master_g?! OMG, you must be joking!!!

What taxloss did, if she wanted to, was making a claim on what SHE believes. What Master_g did was saying "IF YOU ARE RIGHT..."

I think there's seriously a HUGE difference between claiming what you believe in, and claiming that those words come from other people's mouth!!

If that's what she believes in, SHE has every right to do so. Don't compare your christianity teachings to a Math formulae! PLEASE! Maths is something proven, it CANNOT be disputed. Whilst Christianity HAS SO MANY VAST interpretations, it can be interpreted ANY WAY by EACH INDIVIDUAL. Some even interpret it wrongly to suit their own purposes!

I came across this written by a CHRISTIAN, "Even the Devil can cite the scriptures to serve his purpose".

So, who are you to tell taxloss she's wrong to believe that way?! She can, if she wants to. It's HER belief. She can interpret Christianity in anyhow she likes, because there's no ONE PROVEN way of interpretation.
    And how sure are you that YOU interpreted all the verses in the Bible correctly? That's very PRIDEFUL of you huh? Did God appear to you and tell you, "Good job, my boy Apollon. You got it right!"?

YES, why not?! Let me enlighten you. I have been to a church a couple of times even, attending this course on UNDERSTANDING YOUR RELIGION, and it was attended by CHRISTIANS, BUDDHISTS, HINDUS, SIKHS, etc. But WE managed to pull through the course without any offensive arguments or insults.

NO CHRISTIANS mentioned to us about going to Hell and what not. So, tell me? Why can't you do that? Because your limited knowledge on Christianity is just about those believing in it will get the gift of salvation and those who don't will go to Hell? Is that it? Then that's a really pathetic set of beliefs you have!

Well I am not going to argue with you more, Apollon seeing that my words fell on deaf ears, I wasn't even preaching any religion to you, just trying to make you see why you are pissing everyone off with what you are doing here.

Then don't go around claiming that oh being a christian is so tough and whatever, because it's got nothing to do with us being anti-christians. We are just anti-ignorants like you. Like you, we have our own faith in our beliefs so if you disrespect us, you don't expect anyone to respect you and listen to what you have to say then. -whistle

Do you see me lashing out at those Christian(s) who replied in my "ANALYSIS" thread? Nope, because they are rational beings and don't go around talking about people going to Hell and what not. If you can't apply your common sense given to you by God, then no one else can help you.

What did I say about hypocrites? Hypocrites are people who don't respect others' beliefs but cannot tolerate it when others criticize them.

You put down others' beliefs in the way you lay down your beliefs, perhaps you are not so good in English, not so good with your words, but at least, try to be respectful? Perhaps ask any of your more well-versed in English friends to check on your 'posts' before you made it, to avoid offending anyone... -huh

And Buddha has this to say,

4. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

1st and foremost, not every single living thing got wiped off the face of earth. Next, only biblical story of flood and Noah's ark crap can kill stuff in an instance? Please read about other theories such as the possibilities of asteriods and volcano being the cause. Don't forget bout the Ice Age as well. How ignorant can you be to think that flood is the only cause.

In response to the above : -
    seems like your 'only logical reasoning' is not the only reasoning lol

Not even one transitional form was found? where did u get this piece of info from? Darwin did admit that there was a lack of it, not none.

wtf are u talking about? they found the age of the fossil by finding the age of the rock hence they knew the age of the rock already. why find the age of the rock again based on the fossil when it is the same. Please refer me to ur source.

too bad dude. Darwin is not the almighthy God who knows everything and anything. So what if one of his theory have flaws in it? We learn new stuff from time to time. Scientist and researchers question existing theories because of new discoveries and so on, unlike a certain group of ppl who blindly believe in just one source -whistle

dude, the process of evolution takes an extremely long period of time and things are gradually evolving...not hocuspocus magic or something that happens over a year or so

The process of evolution is obvious even among us humans

#84 Jun, Jun 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  5. imo that is a sad sight indeed

once again your using the word 'hypocrite' when you shouldn't. how on earth did you figure out that apollon couldn't tolerate it when others criticize him.(like you do, i must say). do you hear apollon say "Nooo noo stop saying stuff against my belief, leave me be, don't criticize me, your a ***** etc etc" (like you do, i must say).

6. BabyRain

-shock A sad sight?! So you expect us to go on insults and having offensive arguments instead of trying to understand each other's religions amicably and maturedly? Wow you are a sad creature indeed! <_<

God gave us a brain to think, to tolerate each other. What happen to you?! I though Jesus always taught you to "Love thy neighbour!" Shame on you! :p Be careful or you might be heading to Hell instead of Heaven... lol

I can see you leading (or should I say tagging along in) the next Holy War of the centuries lol.

Please, do NOT group me in the same category as you and apollon. The two of you are notoriously well- known in the same category in the religion section on PA, if that isn't clear enough. LOL!

Unlike you, I have always shown my respect to OTHER Christians, or people of other faith(s) for that matter, if they show respect for me. But you, nah! You just demand respect without giving any. -whistle

You expect people to listen to your views when you don't even bother reading up on OUR views?! Hell, the next time I see your post, I may just auto-skip it -whistle

And what, "Nooo noo stop saying stuff against my belief, leave me be, don't criticize me, your a ***** etc etc" ? LOL, this is not even my point!
    Omg, please God, enlighten this being so he may see what I am talking about ... -sleep

7. i see no mention of the word "hypocrite". Nice dodge :p

8. BabyRain

Oh sorry, you and apollon are HYPOCRITES!!!

Good enough? :p

And don't even get me started on DODGING!! -angry

You and apollon are notoriously well-known for that too! :p
    What happened to all my posts that you conveniently dodged? Same thing goes for hiake's and jun's and some others.

I think we should start a poll asking people if they think you have 'dodged' their post(s) before. <_<

What happened to my posts #39 and #54 in this thread?

9. ROFL, youve missed the point i think, oh well. im gona go for a bit now, your posts seem to be demanding smaller and smaller replies, i wouldn't want you to report me again now, do i.....

10. BabyRain

I missed the point or YOU missed the point? Readers be the judge -whistle

Indeed, smaller and smaller replies from you, because a person like you just can't refute all my valid reasonings and logical thinking. -whistle Your Bible didn't have verses for that right? <_<

11. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

if that is a sad sight...you are an eye-sore to me...u make me wanna puke at times by acting all holy and stuff.lol fine Christianity is something made exclusively by you and for you. happy? =D

12. ofcourse, because of my belief i will be like an eye sore to many.

'at times' would indicate that you had this ill feeling long before my post, so fair enough.

No that aint true. Yes i am happy, thanks for asking.

13. BabyRain

Hmm, Question : "What exactly is your belief?"

Because according to you, it's a SAD SIGHT, when I told you I have been to a course on "UNDERSTANDING YOUR RELIGION" and managed to pull through the course without any offensive arguments or insults.

So let me get this straight.

Are you saying that you would be happy if there were indeed offensive arguments and insults?!

Are you saying Christianity is a religion which promotes hatred between believers and non-believers? Encourages disharmony and insults thrown at one another?

Do NOT dodge the questions, or I will assume the answers are "YES".

14. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

your belief? nah. i had come across many christians but none was as annoying as u are. nuf said.

yea that is so true holy one

then why is it a sad sight when others are trying to understand your religion?

15. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

Hmm, so many misinterpretations/ attitudes of self-righteousness/falsehoods are in this thread.. Where O where shall I begin???

16. BabyRain

Perhaps you can start with the latest? Post #85 and post #93 hehehe. Why do Christian(s) or is it only M_G that thinks it' a sad sight? -huh

Do Christians not welcome others to their religious institution (by the way I think the church which organized it was NOT a Catholic church)
    to attend a course on Understanding each other's religion?

Or are they not satisfied with the outcome of the course if there's no offensive arguments or insults thrown? :p

17. you could answer these 2 questions

1. Who do you believe Jesus is? (i gathered you don't believe he is God, i may be wrong)
    2. what happens to those outside of Christ.

18. BabyRain

ROTFL!!!! Oh so, you skipped my question(s)! Dodging!

OK so now according to you, I have come to these conclusion(s).

19. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

Hm, well as I have mentioned before, "Christianity" does differ greatly from one organization to the next, and that is the truth. In all things, however, whether explaining their belief or just living day to day, "Christians" are admonished in the scriptures to be "peaceable with ALL men." (Romans 12:18) That includes those not of the same faith. Not all "Christians" follow that counsel, but they should.

20. wow i dont remember typing that, seeing that it says ORIGINALLY POSTED BY MASTER_G i can only assume your telling a lie, provide a link to that post please.