Question on religion (mainly Christianity)

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by 無得頂, Jun 20, 2007.

1. if im speaking of my belief then it will get round to hell eventually, whether you read it or not is your choice. BUT if you ask me a direct question about human fate without Jesus then ill tell you to your face (as u put it).

yes you should listen to him/her, right now you would be eating humble pie. oh well, its no biggie to me so ill let you stew over it.

i belive the first time you heard about me talking about the subject of hell was when you joined my thread ' what would you do if you died and went to an eternal hell', so i dont really know wat ur n about with your, 'i didnt ask for it' debate.

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

HUH? But the last time I remembered, it was ME posting my belief in your thread, and then instead of leaving it at that, you started asking me to read up on that malicious link on Buddhism and telling if I am willing to take a risk...blabla

Is that talking about your belief?! No! It's called shoving your belief down people's throat! You are just like Hitler...

And i recall just a few minutes ago, you told WIND that you only talk about it IF people asks you. Now, you make another exception, which is "speaking of your belief"...Geez, what a contortionist you are.. in terms of words.

OKAY, I still allow you to worm your way, but get this straight! You were NOT speaking of your belief. Nowhere did I ask you on your belief or asks you to speak on it. I merely posted a response in your thread, that's all. That's MY opinion and you should leave it at that and not try to change me into thinking the same way as you do!

"You MUST agree with me that you'd go to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus, or I am going to haunt you..." LOL, where is that so-called 'respect' if any, for others' beliefs then? Hypocrite to the max!
    LOL, humble pie?! No, more like regret pie. Time and again, he said I should make a screenshot if I argue with people who twist and turn their ways, kinda like a worm you know? Wouldn't admit that they made a mistake, and would try to 'hide' or cover it up if possible.

Well, you just given me that example! Lol. I am sure you did NOT quote jun earlier. That is why I was wondering who you were referring to.

You are not only a hypocrite, you are a shameless liar.

3. yes i posted a link, i can also post a link of Christians and atheists who have been through the same, its not Buddhist only. as i said you came to the thread, the subject made the theme obvious, maybe i edited it later eh.

Oh

4. BabyRain

Fine! Since you asked for it.. I shall lay it down for you! CLEAR N OBViOUS TO EVERY READER HERE.

First post of mine in your thread, laying down my beliefs. Post #83

Your response
    My response
    Your response

My response, and agreement that we have come to an understanding that YOU have YOUR OWN BELIEFS and I HAVE MINE.

Then....................

what did you do? Oh no! -shock You don't give up!

You decide to try further..
    My 'surprisingly calm' response, to your link if you may say so... I imagine if I asked a Christian like you to read up on a link saying "I saw Jesus reincarnated into a pig cause he didn't believe in Buddhism!" -shock

Then you would have screamed insults at me... hahaha

Your response, THE LAST STRAW

Lost all my respect for you right there in that post!
    Not only that bold statement implied that I am not certain in my own beliefs and don't have faith in my beliefs, you are also THREATENING me with eternal damnation... <_<

I hope it's clear to all the readers out there now... -detect

Now the first few posts are clearly exchange of words and discussion on our beliefs... I can totally accept that.. IN FACT, you can see MY PREVIOUS FRIENDLY SELF to you...

BUT! That last two posts of yours, clearly demonstrated your ignorance, disrespect of my beliefs, and persuasiveness to preach to me.
    As everyone can notice..

5. maybe you should be careful what threads you post in..... i did also tell you it may offend you if your Buddhist and as i said, the site shows the same experiences with Christians and atheists.

urn... no i wouldn't, ive seen insults and rude things said concerning Jesus, ive heard rude jokes and seen silly pictures. i dont get mad over these things, sorry.

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

These religion threads always tend to get out of hand.

7. BabyRain

Oh? really? So I take it that if I post in a eternal hell thread, that means I HAVE to agree to it?! LOL.
    What kind of logic is this? Do you know the meaning of the word 'free forum'?

You posted that thread and me posting my response in it doesn't mean I have to agree with your concept of Eternal hell , do I?

Why can't you leave it at that and RESPECT MY OPINION? Instead, you decide to pursue further with that LAST TWO posts of yours. I already accepted that the first few posts were DISCUSSIONS, which was perfectly mine for me.

In fact, I was very courteous to you. But what have you done to me? Instead of showing me the same courtesy, you try to force me into thinking the same way you do?

Exactly! So what is YOUR point of posting that link and asking people to read it huh?

Just like you, we have our own faith in our beliefs, so when you post some crap like that, which is maliciously false of Buddha, of course we would have dismiss it as a LIE. Why waste your time? Not only the Buddhists will claim that it's a lie, in fact I have shown that link to a Christian friend of mine, and HE said that it's a lie...

Don't tell me you can apply that logic to your own religion, but NOT TO ANY OTHER ASPECTS OF LIFE?

Common sense would have told you that website is bullshit, that website is fake, that website is written by seriously deluded extremists and hardcore Christians in their desperate attempt to convert people by using fear and fake testimonies.

But, as always, you failed to apply logic and common sense when it comes to others. You only care about yourself (what happen to Love Thy Neighbour?) and selfishness, pride, ignorance and non-tolerance made you think that you are superior, only your way is right, yours is the only way.

8. hey knocturnal, is there any chance you can check to see if post 109 was edited with your mod powers :p

erm ok, babyrain

9. BabyRain

That would be awesome. Proof that this fella here is a liar. Editted his post without admitting to it now. <_<
    Don't 'OK' me. Which part of my post asked you for an "OK"? <_<

10. well lets see if knoc does it.

ROFL...

11. damn. i just read BRain's signature... quote from MG..

"living harmoniously and respecting another religion are two very very.... very different things. im sure you understand that."

did you really say that?

you are as low as cow feces right now.

harmoniously means to live together in union. hence, christianity and buddhism. we have respect for christianity. your quote implies that you dont return the favor.

and by living together, it means respect for one another.

we respect your religion, so do the same. its not a one way thing. <_<

12. BabyRain

LOL, yep he did say that... but coming from HIM, why am I not surprised... -rolleyes Okay, i was ... still, just a lil...

A quick recap...!

Firstly, our Master_G here expressed his disappointment and displeasure when I said that we (believers and non-believers alike) have managed to attend a course together "Understanding Your Religions" WITHOUT any offensive arguments and insults, and that has mysteriously seemed to be a 'sad sight' to him...? -shock

Then... when Sugacutie0 tried to explain the scripture, "Live peacebly with all men" this was his reply...

And here is MY reply to him...

Which led him to make that infamous quote -->

and claiming that his idea of respecting other religions and mine is different? Hmm, how so? Apparently, he claimed that he CAN ACCEPT that I follow different beliefs? But HOW SO? He tried to push his beliefs on me, even after we have settled on that issue? Does this signify that yet again, he is a liar and hypocrite? He does the opposite of what he said?

According to him, what he told Wind, he said that he will only speak of hell IF the person asks him. The last time I recalled, I DID NOT! So... what gives?

13. BabyRain

Wtf? Did you just copy my twin's post? <_<

14. Denomic

Denomic Well-Known Member

Everyone does have the right to proclaim their beliefs. It is also the right of all individuals to defend their beliefs. It is also true that there is no harmony between Christianity and other religions, but that is a thing between religions, not people. There can be harmony between Christians and non-Christians. The way you are putting it makes it seem like you look down upon your non-Christian friends. Which I don't think would be the case or else you wouldn't be friends.

I am a "non-believer" as my Christian friends would call me. Funny thing though, I have many debates with them on a continual bases which never really comes to an end but in no debate has there ever been any "threatening" like responses (judging by the quote BR quoted you on) nor any disrespect even hinted at anyone else who was either Muslim, Buddhist, Catholic, etc. Some have justified our debates being "friendly" is because we are all friends. What people don't see is that most of us only became friends AFTER a debate in which someone jumps in uninvited but provides a mind stimulating debate/response.

You are correct. They are 2 different things on paper. In action you can't have one without the other. It would be wise to remember that harmony comes from respect of others. To dislike another person's beliefs is one thing as you are not insulting anyone by that. When you disrespect another person's beliefs, it become a personal thing which makes "living harmoniously" not attainable.

15. hey Denomic

^
    no this isn't my intention though it may sound so.

16. BabyRain

You disgust me. Not only is your behavior despicable, you have no guts to admit you have done it and the sense to apologize for your rudeness/inconsideration/intolerance behavior that you have displayed in most of your posts.

You continue your hypocrisy by saying that you don't INTEND it. I wonder, are you really that stupid or you are just pretending to be dumb?

17. buddy. if you dont intend it, THEN CHANGE THE WAY YOU SAY IT!

its really ignorant and selfish of you to say that you dont intend it, while not making a single effort of changing the way you say things.

i find that a despicable trait in ANY human being.

you are despicable. learn to change what your intended and not intended meaning, and i may think differently of you.

18. dann, first of all, im not here to be liked by you or anyone else, im not here to be held in high esteem. if anybody does like me, let it be for the sake of scripture. second, when i say something and babyrain reads it and takes it the wrong way and starts going off on one without saying "explain further what your trying to say" or something of that kind then there isnt really any point in me changing what i typed. if she aint gona ask me to explain further then i wont, ill let her rant and rave till she is content.

Denomic was the first person to not jump in and assume to know what i was saying and even left room for feedback concerning it.

19. BabyRain

WTF!!! I never asked you to explain!? LOL... Do you want me to go dig up all those posts of mine that you have conveniently DISMISSED or DODGED?!

Come on M_G!! You can do better than trying to accuse ME of getting off on you without asking for clarification! LOL.

I think everyone is aware of your infamous posts-dodging stance! If anything, I should start a poll asking if anyone thinks you have dodged or ignored their post(s) before!

I have asked you a lot of times what do you mean and blablabla, but you never bothered to clarify. Wtf you trying to point the finger at me now! <_<

Another classic display of M_G -> Not admitting his own mistake(s), trying to cover up OR accusing others.

And of course, DENOMIC here is a NEWCOMER. If he/she were to read up on all our previous exchanged posts... I am SURE he/she will have a very different opinion of you! <_<

HMMPH.. No. I'll just post TWO of them and readers be the judge!

See this? A blatant admittance of NOT bothering to read my posts and clarify yours. What do you call this huh? Accusing you WITHOUT asking you to explain further?! LMAO.

An extremely RUDE one too, if i may add!

And another one, the most recent one. I asked you questions, and you DODGED them. What do readers make of this? <_<

20. the first half i have no idea wat ur on about. i dont read essays AND......

as for the second part, you changed "a sad sight" into a plethora of meaning as you usually do, 3 words changed into 3 sentances, im kinda used to it, hence my lack of response to it.

as usual im talking to YOU but you try to entertain an audience, and you ask me how old i am..