Raising The Bar - 四個女仔三個Bar (2015)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by Jeff, Jan 26, 2015.

1. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

i really like grace....so elegant...

2. shingster08

shingster08 Well-Known Member

So far Im liking the show at lot

The story so far is pretty interesting and the acting from both the veterans and the new actresses are pretty good as well

First time i seen Jeannie chan and im liking her portrayal of Britanny. Moon Lau's portrayal of Holly is also pretty good for a new actress

3. grace and louis got some chemistry goin on (Y)

this much better role for grace than her first series

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Still haven't had the time to watch it...

Spoiler will be shot!

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

lol this foreigner film. grace just looks weird at times.. she looks like the witch in sleeping beatury.

6. Espresso

That DAN DAN girl from M CLUB. lol Her friend, though. Never seen her face before. Not sure who she is.

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Haven't watched TVB in a really long time so I decided to immerse myself in a few new series and was literally stunned by the lack of star power in these new shows. WTF happened at TVB? This Raise the Bar serial is emblematic of the general dearth of talent. Other than some very strong KLF's (eg. Ben Wong, et al) there really isn't any heavyweight talent left in TVB. HK television, IMHO, is in a shambles.

8. wal

wal Well-Known Member

true dat.

tvb is dying, everyone with a name left except for a few. the people who remain are either KLF or can't act worth crap. it's time for TVB's "monopoly" to end, hopefully HK will have better stuff on tv to watch then.

9. shingster08

I wouldn't really go that far

While TVB has lost a lot of actors over the years it has also got rid of a lot of clutter like Raymond Lam for example.

But they still retain plenty of good actors and actresses. Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui and Linda Chung and Nancy Wu being good examples. From this show Ben Wong, Ram Chiang, Elaine Yiu and Natalie Tong are also veterans.

In addition this show is also allowing new actresses to gain experience which will be useful to them

10. shingster08

Perhaps but they still have a core of veterans that they can count on. Eg Tavia, Nancy, Linda and many others.

From this show alone in addition to Ben Elaine, Ram and Natalie are also veterans.

But here TVB is actively using this show to give new actresses a chance to shine and so far they have.

11. the cases make the show not the cast like in ep 10 they go to a resort did not care for that part lol

12. shingster08

I believe the main purpose of that episode was just to let the characters relax a little. It also helped reinforce to Bens character that his marrage to elaine's character is not as secure as he though.

Overall I liked that episode because it allowed the characters to have a little fun

13. how dumb is this holly girl deserve to be cheated on! the BF so shady

14. ralphrepo

OMG... Where did they find such a horrible singer in the end of episode 15, who massacred Tammy Wynette's classic, "Stand By Your Man?" In case anyone doesn't remember this wonderful Country love ballad, here's Tammy herself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

15. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

holly really needs love....one of those girls...cant live without a boyfriend

16. ralphrepo

She should stick with something battery operated; it's a lot more faithful and will always be available when she needs it.

17. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

bro, it's TVB..... lol. I never heard this song before, but after listening to it, it's friggin good. Love these classics instead of the piece of shits music they have nowadays. People definitely changed a lot!

18. ralphrepo

What's funny is that I grew up listening to this stuff, so I'm especially attuned to badly done versions of it, LOL...

19. Espresso

scik of the sleeping beauty witch girl n marcos rough face

20. Espresso

shes really ugly with out make up. the under bite on most girls. lol

the nig nose dude is pinnochio lol

sad how tvb making him into a bad guy. hes better than fakemond lam