Ron Ng's Character

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by shinobi, Aug 18, 2007.

1. anybody think he's too much of a nice guy? i mean he doesn't blame his dad for not taking him in all these years and he didn't want to break up their family.... such a nice guy ...its hard to believe because ron doesn't look like a nice guy :p thoughts on his character!?

2. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

haha, yes he's too much of a nice guy. He could have been quite mature at a young age that allowed him to accept his situation but to not be at all angry with your birth father seemed a little unrealistic. Remember Moses from HoG? They did that more realistically.

[start tangent]Also, I want Ron to be like Takumi from Initial D. He's gotta do some amazing drifts and crazy cornering. [/end tangent]

3. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

I wander will he be an important figure in this drama.. Till now his appearance still doesnt provide much impact to me..

4. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

ive been awaiting his apperance, finally showed up in epi 23.. i was surprise of his character.. i was expecting a rebelious son or sumthing on that level since he drift cars n stuff, but to find that hes such a nice guy is refreshing to see :D

cant wait for mroe of him

5. whwhyy

whwhyy Member

yea...i haven't see him..now i know he will be appreare in epi23

6. mwai007

mwai007 Well-Known Member

maybe becoz most of ron's previous roles have him yelling and screaming.. its quite strange to hear him talk softly and mellow..

o well.. btw, i dont like toby

7. weilun29

weilun29 Member

too good to be true.. cant believe it..

8. veeeeEEE

veeeeEEE Member

i think ron in this series is too nice.. im way to used to him being such a bad ass-ish kinda ghey.. like more rebel like ish.. like in revolving doors of vengence or men in pain.. or something

he kinda seems.. too... innocent

9. fanofmusic

fanofmusic Member

i like this character, mr nice guy like brink of law

10. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

toby that girl ? irks the hell outta me. she's not pretty no where. she has these floating eyes and like her persona is just repulsive.

11. naruuuto

naruuuto Active Member

I think TVB added him to the drama because they want more girls to watch the show. LOL.
    On topic, being a nice guy is similar to having no significant importance to the plot.

12. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

He will have a bigger role later on. Ching sui wan che sun can't don't have a good role. His character only showed a bit so far, its not his turn in his part to fuse with the conflict yet. But its slowly begins since he is related to his brother.

13. gday

gday Well-Known Member

i agree! not only is ron way too kind he doesnt look it? like seroisuly do u know any biggish men that are good lookijng who are soo kind? ahahahah also, i do agree that he should have been at least angry for 1 episode geez. even I would be angry at such an event!

14. SingLung

SingLung Member

Ahahaha... Funni, I haven't watched up to the part where he appears yet... :p

15. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

it seems like he doesnt appear until very late in the series...

16. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Looks like he will be doing good times at racing cars since he had a good start at the race with the car crash... Although he lost, but then the cheer was for him...

17. densha

densha Well-Known Member

i think he will have a significant impact later on in the series. Since Joe is evolving into a villian soon, and he is Joe's brother. He will soon be torn between helping his bro doing evil deeds towards the wah family or helping them, because he is dating Toby later on. And because he is a racer and a car technician he will somewhat impact the development of the Wah Chi car company.

18. cheekeong_7

cheekeong_7 Member

Funny in this series!! Not bad!!

19. thchung

thchung Active Member

ron always potrait a angry character but in this movie, he is so forgiving and want to show ppl that he is a good person. It's really funny how they twist the characters. Look at Michael Miu. He is so different as well.

20. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

yeah, Ron has been the rebellius son, or if not, a more loud & easily angried guy such as in OTFB, Academy, RDOV etc. This time its the total opposite, somewhat very quiet. however, he doesnt have much of a big role.