Sad Moments/ Tear Jerker

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by ultim8camper, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

i can not explain my emotions after watching episode 8 ...... tears just rushed down my cheeks and snot down my lips and i was covering my mouth.. ... the emotions that went through my mind put my in ha yue and the grandmas shoes and i just cried and could not stop... near end to episode 8 defiantly a a tear jerker..... saddest scene imo atm ....... fala's interview and when she was running to that company was just a sad moment .. it made me cry but not as much tavias scene when she's in the phone box and listening to the voice mail DEFO tear jerker that moment was amazing and soo "gam yan"....... no on to jo ba's bro how he jump of building because that lulu and how he was called a "fay chai" and when every one blamed ho ma for it was a sad moment i cried but not as much............. so what else bits u guys thought was a tear jerker or a sad moment??
    P.S ... and to answer future questions... yes i am a guy and i get very emotional over dramas... i cry when someone dies, i cry when someone cries..... on Heart of greed i cried like 85% overall the drama ..... i am very sensitive and emotional

2. aniking_7

aniking_7 Well-Known Member

Well most emotional part was end of episode 7 & 8, but is just very sad but I won't break in to tears b/c I just know it was just acting.

3. giraffe

giraffe Active Member

For me the saddest moments so far is Fala Chan's interview. Even though I know it's just acting, it's pretty good acting (or storytelling) to get me to cry and really feel the emotions of the character.

4. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I like most of the sad part over the funny part, like how Hor Ma makes a phone call to Ah Hung about "Whats the big deal for not letting the children to eat with us during Harvest Moon?." also during the dinner they talked about how Hor Ma is not the person that drive their uncle to suicide. Another part is when they go look for a yuet, I feel so happy when Hor Ma yells at Sa Yee later on and said "she becomes one of our family member 20 yrs ago. Also when Hor Ma went to beg them to take back the red envelope. So make good memorable scenes, this series is far better than their prequel. Its only episode 8 so far and every little details is like very good in the story. I hope it keeps up the good work in the whole series.

PS: I am a guy too and I am like ultim8camper, but I don't cry when someone dies unless its like HoG when Dai Bao die, and I don't cry when someone cries. I only cry when I feel the stories and put myself into the character deeply and compare my family to their family.

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

tavia's runaway scene finale and end of ep8 with the confrontation had me tear up.

6. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

yeaaa that was really touching <3
    but also episode 8 when everyone cried . sooo sad :(

7. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i didn't cry so far, bcuz to me, it's just annoying to cry for something like that. I totally experienced those kinda moments in HOG last yr, i'm getting sick of it ><';......

8. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

These are my picks for scenes that were tear jerking for me.

Episode 4, about 27 min. Fala's interview was very touching revealing her true feelings. How she describe that Raymond knows her true wishes and Raymond was translating makes it more meaningful.

Episode 4, near the end (about 35+ min). Fala's first task to deliver documents to another company. She was very resourceful to call her loving brother for help.

Episode 5, about 34:30. Tavia hides in the telephone booth and listens to her voice mail. At the same time she see's her entire family worried and searching for her.

Episode 6, about 24 min. Linda revealed that she was the one responsible for breaking up their family. (This is not as tear-jerking as the above three).

Episode 8, the last scene. Lee Sze Ki's begging the Kam family to accept the red pocket and forget about the lawsuit. She was in a lot of pain there.

9. ultim8camper

omg i cried soo much on ep 12 when fala was saying to por por what happened to you .. u have changed and at the end when ho ma gave letter to chuy ping aka wayne's sister

10. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

End of Ep 12. Don't know why, that airport scene is soooo good

11. ultim8camper

lol its cause wayne was crying and ho ma's voice is THAT pure and clear you mind listens and become emotional ... i cryed lol

12. vayha

vayha Well-Known Member

Yeh MR made me cry a few times and i havent cried on a movie or drama in ages. So its kinda good to watch something like this.
    Yeh most emotional scenes are the job interview, tavia in phone box and the house scene where hor ma hurts her back but carries on talking.

13. hermidude

hermidude Well-Known Member

Oh my! Oh my! I was like tearing ever so often throughout ep 1-8. That's where I'm. Slow, huh? I'm savoring the story line. I'm not quite a fan of the actors and actresses, but I must admit, everyone has improved tremendously...the young actors and actresses I mean. Don't need to mention the veterans:)

14. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

OMGGGG I WAS ABOUT TO CREATE A THREAD LIKE THIS TOOO...*HI5*..!!!...

IVE ONLY WATCHED UP TO EPI 17 OR 18 I THINK AND IVE CRIED SO MUCHY...
    YESHH IM SUCKER FOR IT....BUT SOME BITS ARE JUST TOOoO..'GUM YUN'...

- FALA CHAN'S JOB INTERVIEW WITH RAYMOND LAM
    - WHEN FALA WAS DELIVERING THAT ENVELOPE AND SHE WAS LOST
    - WHEN EVERYONE IN THE FAM LOOKING FOR TRAVIA..WHEN SHE MOVES OUT...AND SHE LISTENS TO THE MSG'S
    - WHEN JO BA AND FAM REALISE IT WASNT 'HOR MA'S' FAULT FOR MAKING HIM DIE
    - STOOPID 'SA YEE' HAD THAT COURT CASE AND MADE 'HOR MA' GO TO THE BIG HOUSE...AND LINDA CHUNG HELPS HER UP SAYING SHE'LL HELP GET THAT MONEY BY BORROWING FROM FRIENDS AND STUFF
    - 'HOR MA' SHOUTED AT 'AR HUNG' FOR TRYING TO BREAK THE HAPPY FAM UP BY SAYING SHE'LL GIVE SHARES TO EVERY KID TO COME BACK HOME TO HELP THE FAM BUSINESS
    - FALA CHAN'S BURTHDAY AND JO BA STILL MADE IT TO HER PARTY WITH THE BROKEN CAKE
    - THE TRUTH BEHIND 'AR HUNG'S' MISSCARRIAGE...WHCH HAD NUTTIN TO DO WITH 'AR YOON'...

15. Hoang_X

Hoang_X Well-Known Member

There was many sad moments in this series, but one i really remember is Jo Boa making to Fala's birthday with the broken cake. How he said sorry for breaking the cake, Jo Boa is good at breaking things up (referring to the broken up family), and how its so dark and hard to make his way back home. I really liked that part. In the beginning of the series, i really thought Jo Boa was a loser for what he did but as you watch the series, you see that he regrets and want to make up for it. Love this series!

16. ultim8camper

hmm is it me or after when ah ka told the truth about hung yee the after ep are not as "gam yan" ......since that episode i not cried once ..... ... well there is teary eyes but not "ham chut ley" is it cause all my tears have gone and i need to drink more water ... or is it not even emotional at all ...hmm i confused now .... *goes and try to make self cry*

17. joeyfan

joeyfan Well-Known Member

this series.. i guess it's pretty emotional.. like it a lot..

as for more crying scenes after the scene of ah ka telling the truth.. i think the real emotional scenes are coming at the end? cuz i agree.. it's not so gam yan for now..

for now.. it's just hating kate tsui..

18. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

there were alot of emotional scenes but neva made me cry

19. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ dont lieeeee.....j/k...

Another one to add to the list...

at the end of epi 17 - when hor ma is closing the cake shop and she remembers
    her kids coming home from school and all running out of the bus and then at
    the end when all of them all come running out of the car like they were little
    again...it was ubbbber sweeeet....<3

epi 18 - when fala chan's boyfriends mammi comes up to hor ma's house and
    gives her blessing for fala chan and kelvin to go out....

20. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

i thoguht the bit where the old grandma dies was sad
    and they talk about how happy they were when they was kids
    forgot what episode it was though
    i cried -cry2