Salmon

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Katibear, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

Mmm that could be fun and tasty :shifty:

Har har, I have your balls! I have your balls in my fridge! :jb:

Yeah they are a bit black huh, I tried them less black and even though they look better that way, I prefered the taste of them a bit browner, moar crunch -^_^

-lol

I think Kay and May should cook for the entire member list of PA!

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i think we need a pa salmon cook off.

3. yuenfive

yuenfive Member

salmon is gorgeous, my fav is in sushi, but its great no matter how its cooked

4. sweetyam

sweetyam Member

Salmon sashimi is the best.

5. this is probably my favourite salmon dish :D
    tada~~ grilled salmon nigiri!!
    [​IMG]

6. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

What are the two white balls on top?

7. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

some sort of sauce

8. lol... that's japanese mayo... :D now i'm hungry

9. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

omg pheonix's picture of the salmon rolls made my mouth water....T-T

You can try it smoked, or grilled. My mom likes to bake it and put like lemon on top or something, not sure. Either way, its delicious! haha.

10. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

I like my raw salmon fresh and straight out of the ocean with a mixture of fresh raw tuna, fresh raw oyster, fresh raw octopus, fresh raw salmon roe, fresh raw flying fish roe, fresh raw lobster and fresh raw sea urchin finally finishing it off with a rare steak

11. bbgirlsum

^ it's all got to be fresh with you :p
    but it's possible for you aussie!

12. i'd like to c u like that in winter

13. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

salmon/tuna cannot be eaten raw just out of the ocean, it has to be freezed under a subzero temp. to kill the parasites before you thraw and consume

14. bbgirlsum

seriously?
    i thought u could eat it just off the sea.......

15. BestOffer

no, all those includes microscopic parasites, and that is why there are rules that japenese have to follow (by the governments) that the fish has to be frozen to a certain extent to kill those germs

i have seen friends that buy fillet salmon from a supermarket and freeze them to make sashimi for dinner but i myself wouldn't take the chance...home freezers will not do below 20 or 35 celcius to kill the parasites...parasites aren't germs, they will take time to grow and is not easy to kill

as for tuna, i don't think there is a rule, but the reason why you will likely be eating a half thrawed tuna from a restaurant is because 1) is easier to cut into pieces from the portion of the fillet and 2) the juice will caintain in the fish (as the fish is killed after caught, they freeze it right away to keep the freshness & juice inside and prevent them from slipping away...

16. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprise if you're constantly going to the bathroom after consuming all those raw foods. -sweat

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

rawr...what about mackeral? cos one time, went fishing and caught mackeral....an then the other fisherman sliced it up/filletted it an we all tried it....XD
    didnt get sick tho......=S

18. fate1213

fate1213 Active Member

smoke salmon or salmon sushi are the best!

19. BestOffer

i don't know about the other fish...
    it could be that the fish is clean (as well salmon should be freezed before served, but hey, people can do whatever they want)
    parasites are not a right-of-the-back sickness, it will tell one day if you are infected, if you didn't get sick/infected, doesn't mean they are safe for eating raw from the ocean...

which types? do you mean the smoked salmon lox (freezen and thrawed for consuming) OR just smoked salmon (that has the smell of wood)

20. starlights10

starlights10 Active Member

I love salmon sashimi, and that's the only salmon i ate. I do'nt like smok salmon... salmon sushi is good too!