Serious discussion: Incest

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by rsx, Sep 6, 2008.

1. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

WHAT? Kate is adopted.

2. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

@Chabunky2000: I thought I made it clear in my opening post that no bull is allowed. Give your opinion on it instead of two word answers.[/quote]

RSX: The reason why I only gave two word answers because I think it is meaningless to repeat myself what Zeewee & Valkrezy had already mention on their post. I'd totally agree with everything they said. They had made very good points there.

3. joekdo

joekdo Active Member

I don't have super long explanations like all of you do for the whole incest thing, but all I know is according to traditional Chinese values on the mother's side is ok. More importantly, if Joe Bao and the bitch lady (sorry I'm not good with the names of actors, but I think you all know who I mean) just get divorced, then everything would be pretty much fixed, no?

4. 低B仔

低B仔 Well-Known Member

erm.. well as raymond liked linda from little you cant blame them they liked eachother before they became sister and brother cmon.. moses and tavia although have been brother sister before she fallen for her but are in seperate family. only that moses denies that family he is in. but katie and moses i wouldn't even want them to be together in the first place lol.

5. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

Incest is simply sexual activity between individuals so closely related...

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but people with have a different perception of what "sexual activity" is and what "closely related" is!

To me there is no incest to be spoken of here!

1) Sexual Activity! I dont see any intercourse! Infact I barely see kissing!

2) Closely related! None of these guys are blood related!

6. quene

quene New Member

it all depends on the culture....and how incest is define in that particular culture or society.....there are some culture and society that it is okay to marry your cousins and there are some that will consider that incest....it all comes down to how we perceive and define incest....

7. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

You're getting way too technical here. We are obviously talking about family member having an emotional attachment to another family member, whether it be blood-related or not -- not actual and literal family sexual festivities.

For instance, if your brother told you that he had feelings for your [step]sister, you would probably react with "that's incest!" Sure, they probably didn't commit any "sexual activities," but the idea is, it's one family member liking another.

Godforbid if TVB ever shows any of the festivities you're craving about. -innocent2

8. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

Too technical?! Not at all...

Quite simply, incest is sexual activity between individuals closely related...

To me "closely related" is a blood relation, unless you are in the blood line there isnt an act of incest!

Oh and by the way, I'm sure not craving anything your suggesting, I'm clearly stating that in the context of the show I'm my opinion there isnt an argument of incest as there are simply no blood relations invovled sexually!

As for your point about my brother saying he had feelings for my (step) sister, I would definatley not react as "that's incest"...BECAUSE IT ISNT!!!

9. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

What would you call it, then? A family member liking another non-blood-related family member? Why not just refer it to being incest as it's within the realm of the idea? We all know that, technically, it's not incest because they're not blood-related (I've already explained it in my initial post), but in the context that I've used it in, I'm merely saying that it's family being attracted to family. And because it's family member being attracted to family member, that it suggests ideas similar to that of incest. Seriously, what other word would you use to describe stepbrother dating/liking a stepsister? A perfectly fine relationship? More like incestral love!

And I was kidding about you craving for it, just for added fun.

10. inkblot

inkblot Member

it is so fucked up how hung yee and joe ba were trying to break up ah ho and yue so chow because they were stepbrother/stepsister because they should have no right to do that. on the other hand, ah ho and yue so chow should have the right to tell them not to get married. they were dating before joe ba and hung yee were even togethere, so it is more like joe ba was dating his son's girlfriends mom, rather than ah ho was dating joe ba's wife's daughter.

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

somebody obviously doesn't know how babies are made. i think blood relations are not only limited to genetics but they can be extended as a part of what's morally perceived as "bloodline/family." I think their sibling relationship is already past that boundary of not being blood related (moses/tavia). the others i can't comment.

12. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

What are you talking about...

None of the "sons" and "daugthers" are blood related!

SORRY - I've just realised, you talking about the kids of Moses and Tavia (hadnt watched the ending before I first posted on here so didnt realise what you was talking about)...

Anyways, the children of Moses and Tavia still doesnt mean incest...Moses and Tavia ARE NOT BLOOD RELATED! THERE NOT EVEN RELATED! Tavia doesnt really belong in the family tree!!!

13. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

I totally understand what you are talking about, but if the film was really "f**ked up" and there was insect left right and centre it wouldnt have been released...

...obviously generalising the situation you would derive this into a category of incest, however, in the real world only a blood relations are really classed as incest! IMO!!!!

14. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

I think I've mentioned this before: I said that you were getting too technical because it SHOULD be obvious that this discussion merely involves the idea of incest, not actual sister-banging-brother type of thing. You just said it.

In addition, however, I do find that Tavia and Moses having babies at the end counts as TRUE INCEST (even though they're not blood related). Incest does NOT have to be blood-related, it can be cousins fucking cousins... or stepmother banging the son, as long as there is that family relationship, it's incest. Different cultures view incest differently than others, but you can't deny that sister fucking the brother (even though not blood related) can't count as incest.

15. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

omg....i tried to dismiss the thinking that blood relationship is everything in determining whats family. guess i failed. alright cool, like the guy in the other thread go do your adopted sisters and when u find out that ur sister is not "your blood" go do her too.

16. hahaha nastyboi so cruel LOL

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

just speaking the truth lol.