Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by johnnyDANGerous, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

1. Yes, let begones be begones. We need to forget and move on.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Absolutely not. What they did was terrible and do not deserve forgiveness.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No comment regarding this issue.

34 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Err0r

Err0r Well-Known Member

Forgive, don't forget.

Heck, they ain't even believe they did it. Forget forgiveness too.

2. sherwinneo

sherwinneo Active Member

forgive? yeah... it alrdy happened so long ago. i bet not many ppl even remembers it... i dun- nono. i dun wan to.

3. thebestofme

thebestofme Well-Known Member

i wouldn't forgive for what japanese people had done so much to some countries like china, taiwan, indonesia etc. they were cruel people. they tortured innocent people.

4. alupin79

alupin79 Well-Known Member

A spiral of hate will lead us nowhere. Yes the Japanese did did something terrible to us Chinese. But American did drop 2 Atomic Bomb and kill close to a quater of millions inocents japaneses.

Also I believe that every country have done their share of attrocity. Havent we invade Tibet and chase and kill the defenceless monks out of their country? I still havent heard China apologise to the current Dalai Lama.

However I think every country will learn a lot more and progress if EVERY ONE can simply forgive, just like social relationship. Is easy to hate someone for what he have done in the past, but you don't get anything from the hate.

5. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

I disagree. What does the US dropping the atomic bomb on Japan have anything to do with our relationship with the Japs? That's between USA & Japan. Nam King massacre is between the Chinese & Japs. We are 2 different people and two completely separate relationships.

So by your analogy if your best friend's girlfriend cheated on him but he forgives her, it's ok for your girlfriend to cheat on you and you should forgive her too? I don't think so. Your best friend's relationship is differerent than your relationship and each has the option to react differently, and they are separate incidents.

6. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Oh no... this make my head spin...

I am kind of half forgive but half not on this.

7. walhalla

walhalla Member

I personaly dont think there should even be a thread on this topic because it will boil down to a debate whether they are right or they are wrong to do that etc... but anyway since it's a Poll and i voted (No Comment), I just hope that there will be no fresh hatred between the Japanese and the Chinese again regarding this issue.

Since it's history and the incidents dates way back to WWI, I feel that the incident won't really affect us in our modern world now, BUT it will still hunt our grandparents who live through the war.

Just my 2cents, :D

8. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

FYI, it's WWII not WWI

9. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

The chinese will never forgive Japan.
    The japanese are so arrogant until today they think everything was okay.
    (WWII)
    Especially the nationalists there. :(

10. endo

endo Well-Known Member

as soon as the last of the generation dies off...i think it'll be a non issue. the world today is so closely interweaved that there's no way to hold onto such hatred anymore. Just learn from the past and make sure it don't happen again.

11. pitawoo

pitawoo Member

Yes they should forgive the Japanese but never forget. Also, every nation has their own horrible history and China is no different. Just keep that in mind.

12. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

Look at everyone in hong kong or china everyone is using stuff made in japan so its not a big thing to the others I think

13. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

I dunt really think this issue is for the
    new generations...i think leave the
    terrable memory and move on...maybe
    ur grandmas and pas talk about often wen
    they hear something related to japan..
    but it hik u should let go nd move on..

14. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

US did apologize to the indians, but they still live in poverty so that did not fix the problem The Japanese concored people at any price for the emperior and i think they need to do more then apologize and admit what they did was wrong

15. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

forgive...maybe...

forget? dont make me laugh

16. rickoon

rickoon Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. What they did was terrible and do not deserve forgiveness.

17. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i don't know but i know china have gone through a lot in those years but i guess forgiveness is the key...

18. easier said than done... perhaps i should post some of the pictures of how the Japanese tortured ppl back then... i guarantee they'll spoil ur appetite for weeks

19. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Wrong.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/abomb/mp10.htm

..which states, that Hiroshima had 66,000 deaths, Nagasaki had 39,000 deaths; for a total of 105,000 killed in the combined atomic bombings. The Japanese killed (according to some sources) roughly 300,000 Chinese in Nanjing.

In other words, your statement, that: "...they paid many time over when they were nuked", is simply wrong. For the numbers to be about equal, they would have to allow the US to nuke them four more times. -shock

Please research your answers before replying as it increases your knowledge and also reduces the risk of inaccuracies.

Ralph

20. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

Lol you sure did a lot of research before responding. -rockon