Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by johnnyDANGerous, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

1. Yes, let begones be begones. We need to forget and move on.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Absolutely not. What they did was terrible and do not deserve forgiveness.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No comment regarding this issue.

34 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

What I find irritating, is that most people just assume that the atomic bombs killed so many people that everything else pales by comparison. Well, what the reality of history is, that Japanese cruelty during the war, makes everything, including atomic weapons, pale by comparison. Also telling is the degree that Japan celebrates the strength of, and heaps praise on, their Hibakusha (survivors of the bomb), but never ever mention anything about the survivors or victims of Japanese cruelty.

I can see why some Chinese would rather that they "...keep their effing apology and just let us drop four more nukes to even the score."

Ralph

2. badbadtz560

badbadtz560 Member

What Japan did was not considered war atrocities until around that time. Think about history... war atrocities my ass... everybody committed war atrocities until the media and radio were born pretty much... and decided that we should all become more civilized. Even after the takeover, it's not like Japan threw the country away like a piece of junk.. they tried to give them their education.. of course.. ppl do laugh at the class retard.. but .. it's not like japan was any diff from other invading countries :D .. historically speaking that is

3. kentomaiku

kentomaiku New Member

by reading the first page of this responds it means a lot of ppl doesnt want that ever happening again to the people republic of china..some still hate the japanese to this day..and theirs this quote always showing dont forgive until we can do it bak to them and such..i still think we need to strengthen our ties to japan and ask the gov't to pay the damages for the war crimes and forbid ppl to visit the shrine..as the visit goes for the last pm of japan that basically killed a chance for japan to apologize even if they did it wouldnt have counted.. i still hope one day we can all unite as a all the asian countries do..i have little worries on sk due to the nuke situation as asian americans thats the second worry of an all out asian war and stuff hopefully everything will be resolved somehow in the future and damn why did ww2 had to happen..w/e happen in eu shoulda stayed or the japanese might have not invaded or something..xp!

4. ralphrepo

The only thing that I can figure out from the huge run on sentence was: "...damn why did ww2 had to happen..."

Essentially, it was started by the Japanese as they continually took over more and more pieces of China, and the Chinese could no longer tolerate their land being stolen. Oh, and then there's that Japanese unprovoked sneak attack bombing of the US pacific fleet in Pearl Harbor. Not to mention that the Japanese also invaded Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, The Philippines, Taiwan, and Korea, taking the woman from those countries (including China) to be used as f.ucktoys for Japanese troops. And the fact that they used live human beings in medical experiments, and without painkillers or other anesthesia, slowly cut apart their victims (like you would do in autopsies of dead bodies). The did this to men, woman, and children from the civilian populations that they captured while touring Asia. Also, when they ran out of food they would sometimes cook and eat their victims too. -shock

But other than that, they're really nice guys. :D

Honest. -rolleyes

And you should learn more history so that you won't have to spend the rest of your life asking questions like "...damn why did ww2 had to happen..." -nono

Ralph

5. razorman

razorman Member

Yes, because it´s like Hitler, people cannot blame the germans for what the nazist have done, same as Japan, it´s the past now, let it be..........:D

6. leelee

leelee Well-Known Member

i say, we forgive them cuz we holding the grudge is only hurting ourselves. the past is past. who cares.

7. 23kenn

23kenn Well-Known Member

forgive.. its history now

8. sannyc

sannyc Member

i personally think they shud forgive dem. those tat did all tis cruel actions r not the current Japanese. If they wants to revenge, there will oni more victims. Revenge is something tat is very childish & it wont end until one of dem do so. Wat for increase the number of victims? Those tat r gone is gone, wat is done is done. Learn to forgive.

9. ralphrepo

Who do you think the Nazis were? They weren't Chinese; they weren't French; they weren't Dutch; THEY WERE GERMAN... -shock like, da-uh, that's news?

So who do we blame? The Mexicans? -noclue

So if someone breaks into your house, rapes and kills your mother, and they catch him next month; I can count on you to say that. The only problem with your philosophy is that, when it comes to having to walk the talk, you'll begin to realize how stupid it sounds. -rolleyes

Just how much of this history do you know? Or are you just making the assumption that you already know enough to render an informed decision? Because of all the people that I've talked to, once they actually looked at the movies and pictures of what was done, they actually changed their opinion. Most offering that they never knew or could have imagined that it was so horrible, what those soldiers did to defenseless people. -shock

Ralph

10. triky

triky Member

I don't know who are we supposed to forgive. The people who committed the crimes or the people who happen to be Japanese.

I think its absolutely disgusting that there are those willing to change history in their favor and I personally don't see a problem with those who still hold grudges against the mentioned people. BUT I'm sick of the "guilty by association" mentality of some of Chinese who hate the Japanese.

When it gets to the point where someone would discriminate a random person just because he is Japanese ... then that person is no better then the ones willing to alter history. Ive been cursed at by some Chinese national because he thought I was Japanese when I demonstrated that I knew some Japanese. The guy trashed my mom and kept emphasizing I was going to hell for something my grandparents did. What a douche bag.

Anyways, don't hate the Japanese. Hate the assholes who did the shit and the other assholes trying to butter up history(not the entire Japanese). Leave everyone else alone. I'm pretty sure the Chinese don't like being constantly hassled about the Tienanmen square incident, stop harassing the Japanese who didn't have anything to do with "The Rape of Nanking" and the history changing attempt.

Just my $.02

11. volkly

volkly Well-Known Member

I hold my own anger at the japanese for what they have done, but only at those who has done such a horrible deed during that time and those who allow such actions.

12. macd keith

macd keith Member

Forgive or not forgive the Japanese goverment officials because they

hiden the facts and mislead the young Japanese that stupid Japanese

army made big mistake and brought great pain to the Chinese in War

world two.

The Japanese goverment officials of today not conscience about their

mistakes.

13. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

I love to be hassled about Tian An Men when someone links it to the Nanjing Massacre, especially the moment when his face meets my fists.

The rebel students were a bunch traitors (example: that bitch 柴玲), they got what they deserved.

14. nunubutt

nunubutt Well-Known Member

its history so technically its forgiven in broader terms of humanity. We should more like look forward and learn to coexist. My friend from china didn't know about Tian Nan Men incident until he got to America in the 7th grade. For China to start bitching about japan, they should educate their own citizens first. Their citizens are starting to be come zombies that are told to hate when the government allows them to. The Citizen's can't protest, but during the Yugoslavian incident during Clinton era, when a missile hit the Chinese embassy, the government lets them come out and protest america? Screw that. Citizens need to think for themselves, including Americans, and any other country. The people should govern themselves, and not be forced to think what the government wants to. Everyone should look forward in achieving a better more peaceful world before we all pollute ourselves to death.

15. volkly

volkly Well-Known Member

You have a point but the government there controls all media and news in china. The people living there are so limited to information. They're told what the government wants to tell them.

16. nunubutt

nunubutt Well-Known Member

yea, and thats the sad part unfortunately. Its a fact that is hard to change.

17. Panda

Panda Well-Known Member

I must disagree with you and the person you quoted. I am assuming none of you have any relatives that live in various large cities in China (outside of Hong Kong, Guangdong, etc.).

Now saying that information is so "limited" in China and that the government dictates what the people should believe is completely wrong. If you read Chinese, you can easily find a large Chinese BBS with lots of criticism of the government. Not only that, the so-called "Great Firewall of China" is so hyped up by Western media, it makes Chinese feel like Westerners (i.e. Americans) treat each other like dumbasses. The firewall can easily be bypassed by a simple proxy, it's no more complex than your average school or office firewall. By the way, websites like Wikipedia has been unblocked for a while now, then again, Wiki was never a good source for 100% objectivity to begin with.

Yes, TV in China is generally pro-China (i.e. pro-government), but if you're really determined to find other views or opinions, you should know where to look. It's not hard. Then again, who exactly watch American news networks? I don't. They're shit, you'd be much better off and be given a more objective view of things in European news channels.

When a foreign country attacks your country's embassy, technically, it can be interpreted as an attack on the country itself. How would you like it if China replayed the Iran hostage crisis of 1979? You wouldn't be pissed? How about we kick it up a notch, what if we blow that damn thing up with a missile like what you did to us? Chinese citizens do think for themselves and they expressed their outrage in the correct manner.

I have relatives in Beijing, the Northeast and in and around Shanghai. They know about Tiananmen. However, they don't necessarily support certain self-serving opportunistic dumbass student leaders. Hell, they probably know more than your average American - who happens to love to bring this subject up whenever they bash China.

Now, I'm not saying the Chinese government has no faults. It does. I have many problems with it myself (such as seizing farmer's land without their conscent with little compensation). But I'm fucking tired of people talking shit about my country when they really have no idea what it is that they are talking about. I love China, I hope it prospers and becomes a great superpower and a civilization that really reflects the true meaning of the name of our great Motherland "Zhong Guo."

For those that think we can simply "forgive" what the Japanese did, why should we?! They raped little children as young as 7 and elderly women. They speared open pregnant women and bayonnetted their children. They beheaded and used our people as target practice with their bayonets. They massacred over 300,000 of our fellow countrymen in Nanjing alone! How the fuck can you forgive them?! Especially when they slapped us in the face by going that the fucking shrine to worship the very bastards who were responsible for these atrocities.

Please excuse my use of language here, but it does frustrate me seeing how people can come up with some of the remarks presented here.

#77 Panda, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  18. dsoulreaver

dsoulreaver Member

Let me start. Oh MY GOD! And I fully support the person before my post.

I did a research project on the invasion of the Japanese. I would like to point out a few things --- and yes, I voted not to forgive the Japanese.

1. They showed NO MERCY during the war. For example, Prisoners of War (the Chinese and others against the Japanese) were "Guinea Pigs" for biological warfare and babies were "toys for slicing."

2. Rape Women, Killed Men.

3. They did not acknowledge or made an official apology to the war.

4. To this very day, the only reason the Chinese are making relations with the Japanese is because the new Japanese Prime Minister did not pay his respects to the Memorial that honored the invasion into China. (Prior or ex-ministers did.)

5. Samurai's were even victims of their own country.

Take these points in to your opinions. It is scary what "homo homo-sapiens" will do to diminish others.

19. larlarlar

larlarlar Well-Known Member

I think so. I'm just wondering how long people can hold a grudge for though? I can't hold on long enough -innocent2

20. Err0r

Err0r Well-Known Member

You are stupid, the nations Japan and Germany can not be compared.

Fist of all, the Germans are ashamed of Hitler and have apologized countless times and paid a lot of money to affected nations.

Japan, on the other hand praises their war generals (Japanese equivalent to Hitler) and visits their shrines hailing them as war heroes. This means that they are not the least sorry for what they have done, and have denied the atrocities committed over and over again. Furthermore, they still have radioactive material in Chinese soil, failing to a) to admit it and b) to remove it. Lastly, there is a common view in Japan that all other North East Asians are inferior. This was recently confirmed once again in Teriyaki Boyz - Tokyo Drift. "I'm not a China Man, because I ain't from China man, I am Japan, Man"

Or as you would put it: zoom! nazizist.................. lol it`´s omg *giggle* :D ;) =) =P

Retard.