Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by johnnyDANGerous, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

1. Yes, let begones be begones. We need to forget and move on.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Absolutely not. What they did was terrible and do not deserve forgiveness.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No comment regarding this issue.

34 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. badbadtz560

badbadtz560 Member

china lies about its military budget... duh ;). war is war.. most ppl hate each other after it regardless of what happened... and after a few generations the hate usually dies out. ppl are more practical nowadays.. and information on teh internet is plentiful.
    btw. i think a bigger debate as of late would be the political figures going to the wwII graves.

2. rave13

rave13 Well-Known Member

How can one forget something so tragic when the other party does not even attempt to apologize?

3. eason41

eason41 Well-Known Member

Yes, because japan used to run on a communist system, and it was only the military

that was involved in the wrong-doings.

4. korx

korx Well-Known Member

Where did you get this info from? They never had a communist system.

5. josephforever

josephforever New Member

regarding what aussiekid post that what more we want from japenese... you are telling us that they had apologized and giving money.to the chinese government.. and this was long ago.....what about if you were in my choes. your ancestors and many innocents civilians dying for not reason, even babies were victim of all those monters ... well it is easy for you to say it... for me i cant forgive the japanese government taking countless chinese lives in ww2 and plus we only want them to aknowledge what they did in ww2 in their own textbooks because their generations are so important to them... they want to erase all that massacre in ww2 from their children and leave it like this nah way fuck all of you japs i mean all of ya.....ohhh yeah it never happened holy crap.... its like i raped your mom and slaced her in bits and throw her to the ocrean to feeds the sharks and tell my kids that i never did that even know the whole world knows about it

6. auboy

auboy Member

life is life...past is past.....=) whocares

7. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

if past is past then there really wont be any grudges in this world... not really possible

8. Vinnie_boy

Vinnie_boy Well-Known Member

I think we should forgive them! America gave them a smack for us anyway so we might as well just forgive them! And anyway with out the japanese we wouldnt have Playstation and Nintendo (OMG i can think of a world without them!!!!). Instead of pointing fingers at Japan and the past shouldnt we be discussing about the present and AMERICA!!!!

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

After reading this thread and watching the responses over time, it's really apparent to me that the majority of people that offer opinions knows next to nothing about the history that led to the current debate; that to me is the saddest commentary of all.

Ralph

10. DaoMilk

DaoMilk Active Member

nAh..nV..wE sHAll nV fORgiVe e sTupId jApS..they kIll oUr fORefAtHErs fOR wAd sH*t? jUx tO tAke OvEr oUr cOunTrY?lAmE sIA!

11. Zenom

Zenom Active Member

Who thinks a war is coming? someone go get my shot-gun

Sigh, the inevitable violent nature of humanity, some are just a bit more violent than others

12. DaoMilk

DaoMilk Active Member

WWII has ended more than half a decade ago. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds and it is also time to forgive and forget :)

13. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

you can never forget or trust them they are still a military country at heart

14. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but then the Japanese Prime Minister stupidly goes and rips the scab off, with his comments about the sex slaves two weeks ago. Japanese politicians have to realize one thing, they can only play to their home market but for so long.

Ralph

15. honey'ko

honey'ko Member

i think... well, just my opinion...
    i think we should learn to forgive, and japanese should learn from their mistakes, and lets build the bright future together...

16. AoiSora

AoiSora Member

I figure many people have a good reason to still hate the Japanese, but for my own interests, I love Japanese stuff and I won't hate them just because their last generation hurt our last generation. If things were like that, the entire Europe should be firing missiles at every other country in the continent.

17. Seriously, do you see the Jews forgiving the Germans?

18. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

has anyone, in this forum, seen any Japanese shows and cartoons?

A lot of them are pretty militaristic, especically the older one:
    fighting to survive...so on.
    ie: Robotech cartoon is pretty much anti-american.

19. HellGuard99

HellGuard99 Well-Known Member

I havent been here in a while but boy this is serious discussion goin on here so
    I think half and half since

The japanese were violating human rights in all corners
    They raped little girls to old women and elders
    They forced rape and incest upon the chinese
    They cut out pregnant woman and take out their fetus and stab it onto their bayonets as a trophy
    They did many more horrible things and its unforgetable and its not strange that the chinese still hates them today.

However I blame it on the japanese, they did not apologize or admit to their killings on such a massive and destructive scale
    Some people say we need to move on in times, I used to think that to as well but I did some research on the Rape of Nanking and saw beheaded chinese people and I was outraged, so now im pretty much neutral.

20. rchok2

rchok2 Member

watever it is, it's d past unless we forgive them we won't be able to move on... we r living 4 d future not d past