Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by johnnyDANGerous, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Should the Chinese forgive the Japanese?

1. Yes, let begones be begones. We need to forget and move on.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Absolutely not. What they did was terrible and do not deserve forgiveness.

80 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No comment regarding this issue.

34 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

ppl should stop comparing the germans and the japanese. the germans knew what they did was wrong and was ashamed of it therefore they apologized and compensated for it. what the japanese government did was the complete opposite =_=

urm well i dont hate japanese in general, its not like each and every 1 of them are guilty for committing all these crimes especially the younger/current generation who did nuthin to us and knew nuthin bout it since thier history books do not mention bout it at all =P what i hate is the japanese government, for trying to ignore and covering up all the stuff that have happened.

2. joemickey

joemickey Well-Known Member

Let not forget wars turn man into beast. There always were atrocities at wars, since the beginning of time, and fews are reported maybe because there were no survivors.
    Its essential to forgive as it will wipe out our anger, but not to forget as to let it repeat.

3. yunski

yunski Well-Known Member

I don't think we should forgive them until they fully acknowledge the wrongs of their ancestors.

4. Athena

Athena Well-Known Member

good research

5. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

it will be better for everyone to forgive this.
    There were so many wars in the world if every country doesn't want to forgive we can't go on.

6. SakuraAngel

SakuraAngel Member

well none of the options suit me up at the poll part...

but i think

YES THE CHINESE SHOULD FORGIVE THE JAPANESE
    people should realize that nowadays that the japanese kids in our generation has nothing to do with the war... so i dont think all japanese shouldnt b forgiving, but the bad thing is that the text books just teach the students different things from what actually happened in history

BUT~~~

NO THE CHINESE SHOULD NOT FORGIVE THE JAPANESE
    because their stupid government keeps going to those shrines to pray for their war dead (who they call heros.. and those are the ones who commited so many atrocities!)

in summary..
    the ones that still worship and think their war dead are so great and stuff.. shouldnt b forgiven
    however, the ones that have nothing to do with the war.. those should b forgiven

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

I guess at the end, the forgiving part is not for the Japanese but for the Chinese who has suffered so much and are still clinging on to the pain and not letting it go.. people becomes bitter after prolong period of unforgiveness..

It's just my personal opinion..

8. beelui

beelui Member

yes, what happend before is history. we have to look forward not back.to forgive is a gift

9. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

forgive n forget....they regret it... thats all that matters...plus what u gonnna do go back bomb em again..... they lost their army n lost the war.... they suffered enough..... plus i just think japanese internment camps .... they probly felling the same way

10. sidhe

sidhe Member

forgive, yes. forget, no.

11. shw

shw Well-Known Member

anyone can make mutiple mistakes. but how many can admit their wrongdoings?

japan never reconignised the comfort women as being raped untill international pressure raise.

either way it definitly should not be forgotten. we can learn from the past.

12. JYJLrock

JYJLrock Well-Known Member

what the Japs did was like engraving a deep scar into the Chinese... but most scars heal and history is history, everyones gotta move on...

13. azndavid

azndavid Member

never...... they have done it more than once what makes you think it wont happen again?????

14. Danny

Danny Active Member

we chinese should never forgive or forget, especially when they still does not admit what they have done to us in the past. Look at the Germans, they admitted and apolozie to the Jewish people, at least in that way they can look forward to the future.

15. shinybow

shinybow Well-Known Member

I think Japan shoud say "I am sorry" and move on..how hard that can be..

16. revlimit

revlimit Member

I think it is time to forgive but not forget. We cannot let action of our forefather affect the younger generations.

17. lerster

lerster Member

i dont really care honestly

18. Kqc84

Kqc84 Well-Known Member

there should be forgiveness and acknowledge of the event

19. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

i kinda agree with you, but the japanese government does not represent 100% of japan, i know their are a lot of japanese people who are sorry and embarassed over this, its similiar to the WWII hitler and germany. Japan is just embarassed over this issue. Anyway didn't the GOVERNMENT say sorry but not the emperor

20. kfong1

kfong1 Banned

Asian pride