So you think you can cook?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by ckthepilot, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Can you cook for reals?

1. No - I rather eat out

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. A little - know a few dishes

34 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Yes - cooking is my specialty

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

it sure does :) becuase i can too.....what cakey you bakey....gai c??

2. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Rum makes the cake taste bitter yuck! Don't know why people like that.

You're right, I'm not picky at all. The only things I don't eat is anything bitter (hence no rum or Chinese bitter melon lol)

Oh, and durian. But that's about it I think .lol

3. brown_bear

ha a lisdt of things i dont eat...i'd be here forever -lol

4. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

Durian is the best. I used to hate it, but once you had it you'll never go back. I think it has to do with the richnesses and creamy texture feeling.

btw the way I make spare ribs is totally different. I don't like using the oven because of cleaning, I used the pan. I usually steam the ribs first and then save the juice from it. From there I spread the lee kum kee sauce over it and start cooking heating it up over a pan and slowly pour in the juice from the steaming. And I would heat till it's like brown or somewhat dark.

It's like cheating in making ribs, but no one can tell the diff.

5. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

were u one of those kids where ur parents had to chase u down to eat one spoon of rice? ugh...if u were...i despise kids like that. if they were my kid, i would just let them starve. sooner or later, they'll come and eat.
    i knew this one couple. the dad would drive the kid around the block while the mom tried to feed him b/c he liked being in a car. i just don't understand. once, one of my parents friends came over and i was told to feed their kids. but they wouldn't. and their mom goes to me, "they are like that, u gotta play with them, and nag" i just looked at her like she was nuts. those freaking kids were like 9 and 10! i wouldn't nag a 5 year old to eat, let alone 9 or 10! if u don't wanna eat, then starve.

6. brown_bear

-ohmy...driving to feed the kid...nah....i used to love dinner time....i just dont like spicy things and my rents never gave me spicy things when you're kid...so i ate everything...and stuff like onions id just pick em out...when i was little i used to throw them at people -rotfl.....but id eat everything pretty much aside from little things like onions etc

7. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

I did give durian the benefit of the doubt and try it once, super diluted down in a desert, but I almost threw it up instantly. It's one of those love it or hate it things. In my case ......

Hmmm, interesting way of making it, how long does it take you? That actually sounds like a lot more work than slapping on some marinade for 24 hrs and baking for 1 hour lol....

8. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

i do!!! i loovvve cooking xDDD

9. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

Not that long actually. It's like 8-10 minutes to steam it and then another 8-10 to slap on the sauce and cook it over the pan. It thats simple. Also use a non stick teflon or iron pan.

And yes Luke Skywalker come over to the durian side.-batman

10. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

I do know some dishes(chinese and western) actually, i had a parttime job in a dutch restaurant....(they cook rice without ricecooker :s) i learnt some dutch dishes....i cooked many times actually, with satisfied customers...so i think I can cook a little bit :)

11. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Well-Known Member

CHOCOLATE with strawberries and whipped cream lor

12. brown_bear

chiewww that aint baking....thats just strawberrys dipped in cream and chocolate sauce

13. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Option 2 for me. I can make pancakes, several variations of pasta, scrambled eggs, salads, kick ass club sandwiches and Yueng Chieuw Chau Faan.

14. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Well-Known Member

:( chocolate cake woh...

15. Arctic_fire

Arctic_fire Well-Known Member

dumbles, and some swedish food...

16. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am an exceptional cook and baker.-chef :D

17. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

LOL, I used to cook rice without a ricecooker, but then there comes the time when I stop paying attention to the cooking rice (me off to do house chores and such) then ricecooker is the much better option for not overcooking/burning the rice...

18. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

i'm the resident griller for most of the outings that we do...usually do most of the prepping to...and can make beef/pork/chicken vegetable skewers, steaks, chicken, steamed salmon and other stuff that can be made on a grill.

i'm ok with making pasta can make 1 cream sauce and 1 red sauce, need to learn more recipes to make other types of food

19. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I can prep the food for the grill no problem... but the real grilling part becomes problematic for me @_@bbb

So I leave that job to the others ;)

20. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

^dats fine...u prep i'll grill...grilling is actually fun...especially when u have to make the fire...i'm a pyro and its the only chance i get to play with a mini blow torch :)

too bad not many of u in Hawaii..otherwise beach party