So you think you can cook?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by ckthepilot, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Can you cook for reals?

1. No - I rather eat out

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. A little - know a few dishes

34 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Yes - cooking is my specialty

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I can cook a few dishes. Not really that much of a chef.

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I can start the fire alright (to the extend that I won't DIE stranded on an island)... just that never manage to get the meat done right @_@bbb

Plus, not a big fan of those gas grill... hate the smell >.<

3. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

i can cook won ton meen :D:D

4. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

I guess I am an okay cook... but I am probably better off eating outside or have take away because the price is probably the same or maybe even more expensive...ive already spent 80bucks on groceries this week (for dinner)...=/ If i'd eat out it would probably be a bit cheaper and no dishes or sweating in the kitchen...& also when I only cook for myself I fix some easy and quick meals....

5. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

80 bucks. I didn't know that Sydney is so expensive -huh
    I stick to my nuddles :D

6. hiake

I am guessing that you are only cooking for yourself?

*checks*

Yup, that's it. If you happens to cook for 2, it will still be around the same price ($80AU you said?)... No idea why that happens, but personal experience. :D

Too much noodles make you sick MAV -nono

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

oo chocolate cake..i thought you meant all you do is get a box of fresh strawberrys and then dip them in cream and choccie sauce and voila a desert hahaha

8. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

well actually eating outside is a much better option since when you eat outside there are less chores and definitely much less in price..... i mean for someone to cook lets say oyster sauce with beef you gotta buy the veggies marinate the beef make the sauce cook the rice blah balh balh and then you have ONE dish......but then for outside prolly wait 10 mins and you get the same thing

9. hiake

Laziness, that's not a good enough excuse to not cook...

10. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

i wont deny laziness but then when you work till like 7-8 and you got like 2 hours left before you sleep you really dont wanna waste 1 and half hours cooking

11. hiake

A hour and a half??? I usually cook a full meal in under 30 min @_@bbb

That very same meal includes my lunch next day :p

12. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

wow hmmmm well the rice itself for it to be cooked takes you at least 25 minutes then the preparing of the food depending of what you eat i guess if its not needed to be marinated then its easy just some ham some veggie then thats it

13. hiake

Rice in ricecooker = 15 min
    Food prep = 15 min
    Actual cooking = 10 min...

Still less than 30 min :p I prepare the food (for cooking) while the rice is cooking in the ricecooker...

14. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

you time yourself?

15. hiake

Kind of... Since many times I usually start "cooking" like half an hour before a show I follow :p So if I overrun, I end up either screwing up my food (burnt it or whatnot) or miss the first 5-10 minutes of the show...

NOOOOOOOO >.<

16. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

^Tivo the show or get a dvr box :) that way you'll have good food and a tv show w/o the commercials

i think this weekend i'm goin to try to make a seafood pasta w/ a red sauce

17. hiake

Naw, no TiVo for me

I want to follow the show while it's on... :p Plus, it's just not the same when you don't place yourself in time constrains...

18. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

using tv to control her time pretty cool

19. hiake

Well there are more to control my time... such as gym schedule, pool schedule, school schedule, all kinds of schedules :p

20. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

so u regulate urself thats something i need