Song - What language do you listen to most?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

i used to mostly listen to English songs.. it wasn't until two years ago that i started taking an interest in Chinese music. now i listen to both equally (more Mandarin than Cantonese though). after that is Korean music.

2. tbtang81

tbtang81 Member

I mainly listen to Cantonese music. I also listen to Jpop (mainly anime songs) and kpop (mainly osts from drama/movies).

3. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

90% Canto 10% Mando during the 80s & 90s

Since then, the lyrics and quality of songs have been declining so I've switched to English, Korean, and Japanese music mostly.

Still watch Canto movies tho =)

4. truekiss88

truekiss88 Member

Japanese~~! ^ ^

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i think i listen to cantonese more, but i do listen to mando as well just not as often as cantonese and english :)

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

i listen to chinese songs most den english,i dont really like mandarin songs.cos i dont understand it

7. altongoh

altongoh Member

Mostly Canto

8. sau_sau

sau_sau Member

canto, english, mandarin, korean, japanese

bit of everything :D

9. nicole

nicole Well-Known Member

Listen to mostly cantonese music. Hardly any english unless I'm driving in the car. Just listen to regular cantonese music. Like listening to Korean songs that are in the dramas. Don't know why but can't seem to listen to Japanese music at all.

10. woot

woot Member

mostly chinese. dont understand canto :( and yea, some of the korean OST are quite nice too

11. Kira10

Kira10 Well-Known Member

Most of the time I listen to Japanese. Sometimes canto, mandarin, and korean. I rarely ever listen to english.

12. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

I listen to lot of Cantonese before but after taking several Mandarin courses at college. I started to listen to both Canto, and Mando.

13. coconutgirl

coconutgirl Member

i actually listen to both tvb and cantonese songs. Becuase sometimes, i think the theme songs are really catchy, and cantonese songs are easier for me to understand, considering that i know more cantonese than mandarin.

14. aldy78

aldy78 Member

Mandarin-> English -> indo

15. anime4ever

anime4ever Active Member

music languages

Usually Japanese music (anime op and ending songs), some chinese and english pop music.

16. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

what kind of language music do you listen to most?

Cantonese 70% and Mandarin 30%, b/c I can't understand Mandarin that well.:D

17. harris

harris Well-Known Member

i listen to .. canto.. mando.. and english most.. but i also have krn and jap

18. darkness

darkness Member

I listen most to chinese music but also english :)

19. buffalo

buffalo Active Member

I mostly listen to cantonese songs

20. Timsum

Timsum Member

Listen to mainly English rock/punk/indie bands. Don't tend to listent much chinese stuff unless i just came back from Hong Kong and feel HK'sick so i listen to more canto songs. Other than that, i also listen to Jpop stuff such as utada and a few Jrock bands like, Asian Kung Fu generation, L'arc en ciel, X Japan, Dir en grey and Janne Da arc etc!