Space Program

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Scolls, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Scolls

Scolls Guest

How do you view the space program? Are the costs justifiable of the proposed lunar manned-landing in 2017?

2. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

it would help if we knew what kinds of tests they were talking about when they said they were going to do some that would benifit man

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

good point...seemss like its all a run to get dominance of space as the next battle ground.....that money can better serve ppl on earth....

4. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

hm.. i thought they were looking for a fuel source called helium-3?

5. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

oh right, ive heard about that too. i thought that memory was from an anime i watched

6. b-lee

^lol what anime?

7. Knoctur_nal

n after all this time they haven't found this helium 5.....

8. b-lee

well its not a one day thing.. it takes years to plan things like these..

9. Knoctur_nal

but hasn't it been years though....i mean..how long has the space program been around and how much money have they invested in this...billions to say the least...

10. b-lee

It has only been 1-3 years i think....anyways the above is what China is planning to do in the next decade lol.

11. first asian on the moon, thats a landmark

12. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

i dont think there sending anyone up just unmaned but who knows. and this new fuel source whats the point of searchen for it? u tellin me they gonna put a gasstation on the moon now :| shit thats gonna be some expensive gas. i mean how much do they expect to find and what is this fuel going to be used for Oo...

13. b-lee

helium-3 is a fuel source which means it can be converted into energy and as fossil fuel runs out on earth, helium-3 may be the answer for the future.

"The moon contains 10 times more energy in the form of helium-3 than all the fossil fuels on the earth." thats how much helium-3 there is ;)

14. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

so im guessing helium 3 is combustable?

15. b-lee

16. Scolls

Scolls Guest

But that sounds like a lot of rock & soil to process!

17. Knoctur_nal

if the moon has all this helium...why we going to mars..damn bastards at nasa and us govt....

18. mars! it'll take them about 6 months lying in a capsule to get there so any health problems ur screwed. lets go crazy.

19. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

still with this helium-3 to me = a bad idea. taking material from any other planet and brinigin it to ours changes the earths weight and the moons woudl change as well... is it a heavy substance? lol or is it very light Oo.. rather i shoudl say dense... anyways it seems like there are too manay unknowns to be taking material from other planets or moons and bringing them to earth.. who knows it could also bring a disease that wipes us out :|

20. Knoctur_nal

c'mon....didn't u guys see species two...they went to mars n something came bavk with em..haaaa