Summary of Christianity

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by fearless_fx, Dec 3, 2009.

1. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

If God being God, he can see the problems with placing the tree of knowledge ahead of time. However, maybe it was a test to see how Adam and Eve would behave? but it was a trade off i guess... live in paradise being dumb, or eat from the tree of knowledge and suffer?

2. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Thanks for saying what has been said before...

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

you know what also kind of bugs me?

Adam and Eve were supposed to be pure with no knowledge of what it meant to commit a sin right?

So the fact God punished them without giving them any knowledge of the consequences of their actions prior seems unreasonable and downright mean.

Its like telling a 1 year old - don't touch that stove!

and when they touch it and get burned, you put them up for adoption because they didn't listen to you.

4. lol the argument that's gonna float around is "well, God told them not to eat the apple, so they shouldn't have"

5. Hello, i gave up on this thread from my last post but also decided to respond one more time if you post something which i can possibly respond to so this will be my post.

Not true, Go told Adam:

Adam did know what sin was, it was to disobey God, if Adam didn't know that then he would have freely disobeyed God. Also you say that they were not aware of the consequences, in the verse above God tells Adam what will happen.

Besides this example being redundant let me add, God did not abandon Adam and Eve, they were removed from the garden of Eden and they were no longer able to commune with God in the way they did in the garden because they spiritually died as God said. There are also other reasons why Adam and eve were removed but that goes beyond the scope of this thread. So, as i said, , God did not abandon Adam and eve.

The bible doesn't go into the knowledge of Adam and Eve, but the bible says:

that on top of being able to freely communicate with God, I really dont think he was stupid or dumb, the tree is not the tree of knowledge (which i assume made you come to the conclusion that he was 'dumb') but rather the 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok bai -out2

#25 master_g, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  6. Wingszs

Wingszs Well-Known Member

Well i do not believe in religious, and i'm always wondering why people believe it. No offence

I know little about christan but i know that god made man(In a mind of Christian).

"God sent God to sacrifice Himself to Himself in order to save humanity from His wrath."
    1st qustion
    Who on earth reqested/ asked/ wanted/called god to create human ?
    If god did't made human why do GOD need to sacrifice Himself to Himself in order to save humanity ? (maybe he is too boring ?)

7. ^ im sorry..... what?

8. samchen

samchen Well-Known Member

If Bible were true, Chinese people wont exist, as it states in noahs ark in the book of geneisis

9. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

This sounds like God is flawed beyond his own control, creating that which he/she could not handle. If I relate that to the current situation with Christianity and the general consensus of God, It makes sense, Nietzsche proclaimed that God is Dead, not in the physical sense, but in a more metaphorical sense, God's own creatures turned around and stabbed him/her behind his/her back and abandoned him/her.

Your not alone on that thought too, the logic behind this question is "Why would you want to test your own creation if you are the all power all mighty?" We test our products because we know we are not perfect, and that mistakes are very common part of human nature, but God is a deity, not human.

10. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16" The Bible tells us that God sent His Son (not Himself) as you alluded. The Doctrine of the Trinity is that there is one God but in three person. I think the onus is on you to demonstrate what the fallcy is.

"And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. - Gen 3:6"

The Bible does not mention it was an apple tree and any view it was is based on misplaced knowledge.

"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?"

- C.S. Lewis

Unless you have all knowledge, past present and future, your statement seems to take a poistion that God doesn't know what He is doing and you could do a better job.