Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Akki, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

2. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

I just finished Adventure Mode a few minutes ago. There are a few issues with the camera that can be frustrating. Overall, it was a lot of fun but the storyline on Adventure Mode is a bit short. I don't think Marth is overpowered. My favorite characters are Peach and Kirby.

Tip: Pay attention to the cut scenes, often times they offer hints on the boss battles. Especially for the final boss.

3. Are you talking about the Solo adventure mode??? that shit is rather long.. i mean its not like Melee.. -what?

4. kontradictions

Well, I beat in roughly 2 days (that is including the hours I didn't spend playing because of work and school). I think I might be missing some levels because it only shows up as 75% completed even though I defeated the final boss and saw the credits.

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

compared to the old adventure mode... haha yeah its pretty long ;)

and I also agree, Marth isn't overpowered... he's good, but it seems like he got a slight nerf... his standing b is now kinda lame -unsure

Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer's transformation delays are starting to piss me off though...-_-2

6. kontradictions

Ahh I see. I never played the old adventure mode so I wouldn't know.

The transformation delay could be used to your advantage. I often use it to dodge attacks. -lol

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

oh is the adventure mode a lot longer than the one on melee then? the one on melee takes about an hour to complete but its pretty fun. also how is snake on this game?

8. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

u can finish Subspace Emissary(Brawl's Adventure mode, aka SSE) in one sitting... if you're a half decent Melee player, maybe 6-10hours... the maze area is so freaking annoying...

Snake in general, his attacks are strong, he's relatively mobile like Roy maybe a bit faster... but he's completely tactical in terms of play... Claymore usage, Rocket Launcher, and his rocket smashes all need some sense of timing... his Final Smash is one of the better ones imho... although against Sonic/Fox/etc... it will be sorta challenging... so basically he's a char for people with high anticipation skills... if u want a button smasher... Pit is ur hero :heherm:

9. bbes

bbes Incredible

i see, there seems to be so many new characters in this one. are there also loads of new venues as well then and do u have the old ones too?

10. kontradictions

Are you having a hard time with the maze level? Use the + button and the dots show doors on that particular section of the level. Basically you need to fight a dark copy of each character. I just used Shiek and Peach to run past the enemies. Also, one thing to keep in mind, there are 4 rooms, marked by a door with a ball on the center, in these rooms you can fully heal your part, save the game and swap team members. Also, you can warp using the 4 platforms.

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

that seems pretty cool indeed. how are the camera angles on the multiplayer game?

12. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

o no haha I already beat it, just found that maze area the most annoying of all... I had Link/Ganon/Sheik/Dedede for my lineup through it...

neways... to answer bbes...

in terms of venue... there are a host of new maps... Wario's stage seems to be most fun haha... you also have ur old staples from melee Corneria, Pokemon Stadium, Hyrule, etc...

Camera angles seems to be a little better this time around especially on a large stage like Hyrule, people can't decrese your view anymore via extending the map... however... i will say this... if you have a small TV like 20inches... it's gonna suck...

A lot of the new characters have relatively similar moves to the oldies... The only real new characters that need a lot of getting use to are really Pokemon Trainer and Olimar... Toon Link plays like Link from Melee from like 10mins of play:shifty:, the Link in Brawl became less technical, more power oriented -mellow... his arrow barely dips anymore, his upB requires charging for length which decreases how high he can jump with it, and his boomerang is now a mini-whirlwind with decreased range... but overall his moveset seems stronger dmg wise...

13. kontradictions

For the most part, the camera is pretty good. It varies from level to level. The one that really pisses me off is the Pikman level. It zooms so far out it's impossible to see what you're doing.

You're just 1 boss fight away from beating the game. That is, unless you beat him already. -lol

14. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

-lol funny thing... I fell asleep yesterday afternoon... and my lil bro picked it up and beat the last level... i was pissed... but o well... atleast i get to play with sonic...-^_^

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

i would be so annoyed if that happened to me. wat a prick for doing that. lol.

16. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

I will super smash you guys, muahah, yes..!

17. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

ha, right back at chu!!

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

haha i highly doubt that leon. u will be owned by me.

19. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Lol Bbes, lets do this headbang2!

20. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Don't make me own both of your asses ;)