Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Tony, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;E_RUWj4vUG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_RUWj4vUG0&feature=feedu[/video]
    [video=youtube;oiD_QoCHOJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiD_QoCHOJM&feature=feedu[/video]

DLC release date: June 7, 2011
    DLC Price: $14.99 USD or 1,200 Microsoft Points
    Disc release date: June 24, 2011 for Europe, 28th in North America, 30th in Japan.
    PC release date: July 2011.
    Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
    Roster size: Right now Capcom states there are 39 people on the roster, with the additions of Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...images-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition/

#461 ultim8camper, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. LMAO.. I knew capcom would pull another one of these bullshit hahah..

way to try and get get full retail money out of the SSF4 edition. I'm glad I sold my copy.. knew they'd come out with another version..

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Ok, so if i get the DLC does it add an AE mode? or does the whole game become SF:AE? i want to be able to play SSF4 and SSF4AE separately.

ohh check this out...

http://www.1up.com/news/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-confirmed

looks like everyone will still be able to play everyone. the tweaks thing is a bit odd though.

4. lol again paying for fukin balancing tweaks.. Fuck You Capcom.. you know damn well you could have made SSF4 a DLC.

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

They're balance changes and adjustments. A little bit more random and flavor with the new characters.

They elected to make it so if I have AE I can still play people who didn't buy the DLC/disc. I'd be converted back to Super (non-AE) mode with those character properties and settings.

6. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Goodie, finally home training with PC version lol
    Gonna get it as soon as street date comes out

7. ultim8camper

woooow that means im gonna be able to play the nerfed cammy, cody and ryu .. weeeyy heeey :/

8. ^ No, you really need to learn to read.... SSF4 rules applies to Online Matches against people with AE.... so you will just be playing SSF4 with 4 new players.

9. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

yeah youll need to get the DLC if you want tweaks. makes no sense to me, i can be using Eddy Honda on SSF4 and some other guy using him on AE and my honda is not nerfed to death so i have the advantage??

10. ultim8camper

but in order to play the 4 new characters you'll need to buy the AE right? so how does that work? i dun get it

11. whats there to get.. don't buy into their bullshit so they can cheat the consumers

12. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

The 4 characters AND the tweaks is the contents of the AE DLC.

A free DLC will be released that allows SSF4 players to play against SSF4AE players to not fragment the community, but you dont get characters or tweaks, i dont know how it will work on PS3, but on Xbox you dont have to buy DLc to view it, i know that with PS3 with the uniforms for example, if you dont buy it, you cant view it when another person wears it, not like that on xbox..

Im guessing youll get the characters, they will just be locked.

13. ultim8camper

playing nerfed characters it is then :D

14. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

yep, ill just get the nerfs, not really interested in the the 4 characters, im crap at doing QCF and DP with stick too >.<.

~Im a rose player.

15. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

DLC won't be free, it cost money to get. Just treat AE as a different game.
    So basically people with AE can play against AE people withe the new characters and tweaks, but they can also play people with SSFIV, what happens is they will play people in SSFIV with SSFIV version tweaks. Which is if you have AE and playing SSFIV, you would not have a situation where AE Ryu fight against SSFIV Honda, but SSFIV Ryu vs SSFIV Honda.

16. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Oni and Evil Ryu look cool, their moves are WOW, especially their focus attack. One of Oni's (shin akuma) move also destroys projectiles, that punch.

17. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

oh i see. but this means you have to learn a character twice with standard and AE tweaks?

18. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Yeah, look at Balrog, he's new MP is linkable, force stand, opens to new sets of combo.
    Or Gouken, he's kongo command has change, dash punch given a new range, close MP opens for new combo

19. I can't believe this was that hard to understand....... and yes bulla you would have to learn to playing styles if you were to play online.... for tournaments going forward it will all be based on AE

20. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Who is getting PC version? I will pick it up for mods and custom sounds.