Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Tony, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

any credible source saying this?, thought they would stick with SSF, bet capcom would love it if AE was used in tournys

ages till thats released.

2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Few major tournaments already announced they're going for AE and no Super.

Our local tournament is going to run AE also. We're already doing it on AE cabs, so for when console comes out it just makes sense to go forth with it as well.

I think I read somewhere PC is coming out simultaneously. If not, it'll come in the end of summer at the latest. Street Fighter x Tekken is getting a PC release as well.

AE has a lot of stigma around that it's a broken game; it's really not. People misunderstood a few producer interviews and looked at Japanese rankings as gospel. Twins can be destroyed but they make matches slightly random when they're up close. That's pretty much it.

3. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

@akki .. i didnt know what you was saying cause you was like ... you need to learn to read ... even though im planning on buying it ?

4. ^ yeah..... and you expected to play nerfed characters..... when in actuality you will be playing against "buffed" characters when playing someone who does not have AE..... cause all the Balances and Tweaks [nerfs] are in AE.......

5. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

yeah thats what i expected .... that id be playing the nerfed characters ... lmao i guess sarcasm doesnt go well in text lmao

6. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

All that matters is if EVO are going to use AE, if EVO aint gona use it then it wont go big. Do you know if anything has happened to Rose?

Still forcing people to have to learn a character twice is just stupid, they may as well just apply the tweak as a compulsory download so everyone is on the same level. sure people will cry for a day and two then they will shut up and get on with it.

7. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Rose lost invincible frames on her ultra 2 start up I think. It just means she can't use it as freely as she did before. It's still a really good anti-pressure move though.

The "nerfs" in AE make the game better as a whole. Hard to believe and probably doesn't make sense, but it does. If you play on an intermediate level and above you will get it. If you play at a casual/noob level, it'll just look like they're watering the game down.

8. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

hmm, i can take that, i dont make use of those frame much anyway, as long as my dash is still useful i should be ok. Tbh if i play it i probably wouldnt notice the changes, im pretty good but im not a pro or anything.

9. I tried getting into frame trapping a bit... but have not mastered it at all

#489 Akki, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  10. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

plus playing online makes it even harder.

11. indeed...... but it is much better than playing mvc3 online.... god that whole experience is annoying.....

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Yeah....I mean Seth U2 get Ultra for the full animation and tornado, I mean what were they thinking when they did that lol. Bout time Seth's super get instant startup, fiunally a reason to use that outside of anti-air or from juggle.

13. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Frame trappings easy. It's purposely leaving gaps between your attacks narrow enough to beat out other moves the opponent tries to push in between.

14. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

saying its easy doesnt mean its easy, give us some tips, some recordings, if you think its easy you should pass it on !! :p

15. i know what frame trapping is... i do well with cody's crouching medium but the trouble is links

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It's easy in a sense that you are just hitting one move right after the other. It's just timing and muscle memory. This dates back to playing Mario on the original NES console. Timed speed jumps, chain jumps, etc etc! I have a lot of hours logged onto training mode just doing some basic combos. Like for example Ryu f+HP, c.HP xx HP Shoryuken FADC Ultra 1. The f+HP into c.HP is the link. I'd take note of the audio and visual cues. He screams out like "BOO YAH BITCHES" when he does the f+HP (solar plexus strike), and I get ready to hit the c.HP right after the second hit. It's all in practice.

This channel has a lot of videos that shows hands too. So if you look at some of the ones for the challenge mode stuff, which has a lot of link combos, you can get a feel for what to push while you're practicing / doing this on other players.

http://www.youtube.com/vesperarcade

17. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

^ yeah got all his vids, thanks for the info. i really need to use the training room, ive gotten as far a i have by just fighting, im hitting a glass ceiling now.

18. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Especially with Rose her link timing is much more difficult, especially you're trying to link cr.lk > cr.lp > cr.lk > cr.mp xx soul spiral

19. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

^that is the one im working on now, trying to work on my plinking, till then i wont be able to do it, rose players that can do it tend to beat me badly because they can keep the pressure on.

20. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ Practice your timing is the best for me, I don't like to plink, never did understand the concept...
    For that combo, chaining to cr.lk to cr.mp is you have to press mp tad bit faster than linking from lk to lp or lk to lp.
    So the timing is quite loose for the first 2 light links and fast and tight for the mp link