Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Tony, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ Capped net, can't really tell what vids are up until 5 mins later

2. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Looks like they're not using GGPO netcode for online. :(

3. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ Knew it

4. is that a bad thing? i hear it aint all that.

tekken ftw

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It's a really good netcode for online gaming. You can try it out yourself, http://ggpo.net and the ROMs at http://blog.dogg3h.com/ggpo-0291-rom-list

There's a lot of Alpha 3, Super Turbo, 3rd Strike players on there. It's just the most lagless online experience you'll get for fighting games.

6. kenshin353

kenshin353 Member

I hope they fixed up the damage gauge on the game. Street Fighter IV when you do a ultra super it takes more then half the opponents life man. Hurt them a little and then use a ultra and you win

7. ^ nowadays games reward losers, tekken rage system is horrendous too, but if you put me in rage and i manage to launch you then your a goner :p

8. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Ultra's don't take away that much HP, you're exaggerating. In training mode you have full ultra bar, you can do ultra with half a bar already, if it fills up then it's full damage. realistically you're not gonna lose more than 50% hp unless you're eating a raging demon, zangief ultra, or a sagat combo into ultra, with full revenge bar filled.

There's damage scaling for injured fighters
    At 51% health or higher there is no damage scaling.
    50% health damage scaling is 95%.
    25% health damage scaling is 90%.
    15% health damage scaling is 75%.

9. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ Hahaha no damage scaling, brings us to Fei Long's old infinite on Abel

10. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

start at 3:52

[video=youtube;b1ByEvhYHMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ByEvhYHMg&feature=sub"[/video]

11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    empty boxes are probably 3rd strike characters on top, and the new rumored turkish wrestler or something named Hakan

12. hopefully they're gonna release some DLC

13. ultim8camper

^ they better do ... i got £20 on my psn.. was planning to buy new map for fat princess .. but still not released !!! :(

14. Knowing Capcom... charging for a Versus mode RE5.. I doubt it though..

Gonna get some Uncharted DLC, LittleBigPlant Pirates DLC, Fat Princess DLC.. saw screen shots of pirates n ninjas awhile back.. wonder why they haven't released it yet.

15. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

wicked wicked wicked wicked wicked

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Why would there be a DLC? There's so much stuff and changes to the entire game it cannot be a DLC. It's like an expansion pack for an MMO.

17. ultim8camper

^
    gawd tony ... read ... not the game it self .. he means like add ons ... like dlc costumes but things better ... gawwwdd
    just hope its not just costumes :/

erm yeah eckoooo i saw the concept art for pirates and ninjas too ... but apparently it was a vote system thing ... and i heard that ninjas got majority votes or something ... but tbh i think it will take them time to do .. plus you have to change all the maps .. because you would have to add another class tower thing ... and plus you have to take into acc what sort of attributes would it have.. liek would it run faster then a builder, would it have more hearts then a mage? ... just stuff you have to think before creating .. must have alot of work + they would have to thing .. would they be free or not .. because then it would be unfair for people not being able to join games that does have ninjas an pirates and tbh ... fp isnt doing as good as it used to .. not many people in games these days ... hmmm :/

18. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Oh they def releasing new costume.

19. the DLC now needs to be included in the new disc.... lol

20. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Might have Charlie showing up as returning character. Capcom's mad tightlipped.

いぶき = Ibuki
    ダッドリー= Dudley
    まこと= Makoto
    シャドウ= ?
    ハカン = Hakan

Someone on neogaf translated small bit of it saying Shadow is a sonic boom user. SHadow-Charlie was in one of the versus games. O_O