Sushi

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by AnChuChu, Jun 11, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

hail to that mega ultra ultimate whatever.....sushi mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........tasty

2. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

no no.. i found the best idea... go with a bunch of guys... and make sure they are all guys who can eat.. not those guys with small appetites..
    oh wait... better still.. japanese buffet should make it female price and male price... hehe then we dont have to pay so much for eating so little! yeah!!!-tongue2

3. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

If they do that, all the males will dress up as females....

4. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

for that ultimate sushi at a low price, desperate times call for desperate needs my friend lol

5. aishiteru4

hahaha would u??? but wait a min.. that owuld be entertainin too ;)

6. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Good idea.. after all, they have the Ladies' Night where girls get free alcohol drinks..
    So i think they should have this special Buffet Ladies' Nite where ladies get half price or free :D

7. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Echo, echo, echo: I want to eat sashimi and sushi too! -inlove :p

Starting with sashimi is the best way to eat your money back! Sushi is with rice and rice will make you feel stuffed after a few ones whereas sashimi won't. Order at least 4/5 tuna/salmon sashimi for example and (depending on the local prices ofcourse) and eat that first. After that you can try other things out. :)

WTF, you beat me to it too as I starve myself a day before I go to an all -you -can -eat Japanese restaurant. -shock - lol But wouldn't you risk to shrimp your stomach after having starved yourself out for 2 weeks?

Neh, I don't want to be disturbed for a talk while eating my sashimi/sushi. Friends can talk to me anytime, except when I'm eating in an all-you-can-eat restaurant. (there's a time limit over here like Anchuchu said) :D

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I used to like Sashimi > Sushi. But not anymore, for some odd reason or another -rolleyes

Perhaps it has something to do with many great sushi including scallop, uni and spicy salmon (with tabasco, not some random hot sauce) don't standalone well...

And me Tuna > Salmon.

9. BabyRain

I like salmon -drool Prefer raw than smoked.

As for sushi, I tend to just eat the topping and not the rice/seaweed that comes with it... -smileb

10. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^Oh I always eat in that order too; firstly tuna and then salmon. Repeat this at least 2 more times. -innocent2
    I love the lightly grilled spicy salmon on a sushi, but the most tasty ones I'd only eaten once in Japan. Everywhere else just didn't taste like the same. :(

11. aishiteru4

hahha me too!!! like for nigiris... i only eat the fish or wotever that came with the rice... n for those sushi rolls..onto the fillings ehhehe
    ppl always tell me off for wastin hehehe

and I LOVE RAW SALMON!!!!
    ehhe
    tuna is ok... but salmon is the best... there isnt much fish taste on tuna

12. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

...-er ...that's not eating sushi anymore if you only eat the toppings...

Ha, I never ate the rolls as I think they're a bit too fulfilling at once; I'd rather save my stomach for more different kinds of sushi instead once big roll. :)

13. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I like salmon more than tuna too.

Why not just order sashimi? All-u-can-eat restaurants charge you extra money if you don't eat the rice when you order sushi.

14. BabyRain

I can hardly find any All-you-can-eat JAPANESE restaurants in M'sia.. in fact, never been to one.. lol
    Japanese food is quite expensive over here :(

15. BabyRain

I know.. but I LOVE the toppings much better than the rice/sea weed that comes with it.. -smileb

I DON'T like the taste of seaweed...

16. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

One day I'm going to do the cheap Chinese way and secretly bring a Tupperware box with me under the table and shove as much sushi in it as I can and have my own takeaway. -lol

It's an acquired taste. I don't like the seaweed taste either but it's a different thing if you eat it in combination with rice. :)

I think Japanese food is expensive everywhere....(except in Japan itself if you don't go to the upper class)

17. aishiteru4

heheh i know... but then i found a very smart method.. kekeke.. wot i do... i break up the rice... into like little pieces.. n i start to chuck them all aroun.. hehehe so its less obvious...hehhe

there is.. come kl.. there is quite a few.. expensive thou hehehe
    i know!!! stupid japanese rest. in msia.. rippin us off

just like a friend of mine!!! she hates seaweed... the smell.. the taste.. everything

18. BabyRain

Probably because we are not in Japan. I bet M'sian food is expensive over in d Netherlands too :p

19. BabyRain

Really? Where? How much per pax? :p

20. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

Order oyster and put the rice in the shell and flip it over. My friends and I used to do that when many restaurants didn't have sashimi on the all-u-can-eat menu.