Tavia Yeung (Mavis Hong)

Discussion in 'The Other Truth - 真相' started by koogepanini, Jul 7, 2011.

1. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

Thread about the actress, her acting or the character in this series.

Is it just me or are there times when she speaks with a lisp??? Is it part of her character? At first, I thought I was just being critical but it has happened multiple times now (esp when she was arguing with her ex-husband outside the police station...ep 8)? It's like she's speaking with a swollen tongue or something. Anyone else noticed this? I love Tavia but it's irritating.

2. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

ya when she was speaking in her office it looks like shes lip syncing

3. nightang3l

nightang3l Well-Known Member

i notice about that too and it got me thinking was she always like this in my head. but i know she wasn't.

4. koogepanini

^Reminds me of her in Dicey Business...but that was part of her character. I just hope she doesn't do that too much in this series.

5. could be that audio production didn't sync the her audio closely

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Lisp or not, watching her walk in a tight skirt is worth the entire series, LOL...

7. this. completely agree.

8. ohhhhh tavia.... please marry me.

9. nightang3l

nightang3l Well-Known Member

now that you mention it yeah i do remember dicey business where she did it too.

10. tjsye2

tjsye2 Well-Known Member

I concur!

11. fanfrombelgium

fanfrombelgium New Member

I have seen in an interview that she was really sick when filming this serie something about overworking and causing something wrong with the muscles so she couldn`t controle her speaking...that explains the dubbing and lisping I think
    She was also saying that at a moment her face (mouth) totally went stiff and she couldn`t speak at all...
    I think she really has to reduce her workload and take a break once in a while.. sufficient rest is really important...I mean this is her third serie or something in the first half of 2011...that`s really a lot!!!

12. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

Might be just me but I find Tavia character doesn't stand out after 9eps, over shadowed by the males for sure.

13. ^ Well this is "keith's" first time with so much screen time... but i'm sure we will see more of her as the series continues.

14. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

I don't just mean keith, I mean the other main cast as well, she is professional, acting is good but don't find anything interesting about her, so far anyone could play her part.

15. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i hateeee her "brother"..Rex....who is heee...ker leh fer..??....

too old...to play a 'school' kid tryna get into a school sports team -__-"

16. koogepanini

^Rex is Big C's brother...not Mavis' brother...